• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Instruments do you play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Instruments do you play?

I started in middle school playing trumpet. I progressed through high school picking up the french horn, baritone, flugelhorn, and the mellophone. I will admit I haven't played since high school but I know I could pick up the trumpet, baritone, and flugelhorn again with no problems. The french horn and mellophone might be harder I only had one year of those.
    2007 Dodge Nitro SLT

Comment

hi John..glad to see it's still going.

i'm a bit surprised at the lack of guitar players..I would have thought it to be more popular...

I like this one in particular from the Gibson Custom Shop...as it's auto orientated.If you go to Gibson's site you can see this and other great guitars...Billy Gibbons Signature series.....$?????....WOW! Pearly Gates...Love that name!

Just like an old hot rod....Cool!

Comment

Cool Collection...Comments please?

Comment

I've learned to play the violin and trumpet before back in school, but I don't remember how to play them anymore. Currently, I own an electronic keyboard as well as an acoustic guitar. Hopefully soon I can be able to find a guitar teacher and learn it!

Comment

I know what you mean Eddie, I would assume more would have been guitar or piano players but we have lots of diversity in here! Love that gibson and guitar hero! Im way better at that game than real guitar

Comment

I used to play guitar in a couple of band's , just for fun !
              I still got my guitar from those days, i bought it secondhand then ( it was 10years old !) and i own it 34years now wich makes it 44years old !

Its nothing fancy like a Fender or Gretsch but it is a PRICELESS guitar to me !
              Its a Japanese KSINMY solid body, sounds very nice and i love it !

Comment

Nice lookin guitar! And a lefty?! Sweet man!

Comment

Geert...That's a cool lookin' guitar. Is it inverted for left handed use? It's hard to tell because of its shape. Tortoise Shell Scratchplate!

My first electric guitar was a japanese one called Yashika or something like that. I'll have to dig out a photo and see. It was actually a very good guitar,so no doubt that will be too.

Fender,nowadays have reissues and custom shop guitars.But about twenty years ago,there were certain ones made in Japan,and they were Fender,but cheaper than the USA models.I picked up a lot and tryed them out.On many an occasion the Jap ones were better. Today,I think the cheaper Fender Strat line is made in Mexico. I think they have schaller bridges instead of the Texas Vintage.

John,I had a look at your guitar and it looks pretty clean.I think some of the Dunlop65 will be fine for it. What's the trem set up? Is it a Floyd Rose?
                  Are the pickups active or passive? Nice....reminds me of the Jackson guitars.

Comment

Yep its a floyd rose alright. Fun to play around with for sure On the pickups I think they are Duncan active pickups. Dont quote me though as I am a wannabe guitar buff and dont know as much as im trying to learn

Comment

Originally posted by john m. View Post
                      Yep its a floyd rose alright. Fun to play around with for sure On the pickups I think they are Duncan active pickups. Dont quote me though as I am a wannabe guitar buff and dont know as much as im trying to learn

Seymour Duncan's are excellent pickups...Active...Even better! I hope they are. EMG's are good aswell.

Floyd Rose is the original trem.so that's a good bit of kit.

I've got a Jackson trem.More or less the same,but trying to get parts is difficult.

If you can't find the Dunlop 65 cleaner/polish try D'addario.They make quite a good one too. What I like about these products is that they are like quik detailer!

Comment

Awesome Ill check them both out! Im actually not sure how long ill have this one, Im gonna end up selling it and play on a friends acoustic until I can save up for something better. The one thing I dont like about it is its heavy I really wanna save up for a ernie ball music man John Petrucci model! Those things are awesome!

I need to get to playing my sax more often too hahaha, hopefully I can get a few gigs during the school year with friends. I played a few my old private teacher this summer and miss playing haha.

Comment

Where are all the vids guys? :

Comment

Awesome Ill check them both out! Im actually not sure how long ill have this one, Im gonna end up selling it and play on a friends acoustic until I can save up for something better. The one thing I dont like about it is its heavy I really wanna save up for a ernie ball music man John Petrucci model! Those things are awesome!

I need to get to playing my sax more often too hahaha, hopefully I can get a few gigs during the school year with friends. I played a few my old private teacher this summer and miss playing haha.
                            John,if it's heavy...that means it has good quality wood,probably a mahogony body....worth thinking about before you sell it?

Comment

hmmm, good point you make sir I believe it may be mahogony but its been a long time since ive looked to be sure

Comment

hmmm, good point you make sir I believe it may be mahogony but its been a long time since ive looked to be sure

About 20 years ago I bought a Charvel,which was a Japanese equivalent of Jackson,but a lot cheaper. Jackson today is not too expensive and are great guitars.

Also about 20+ years ago,I had the chance to buy a kramer limited edition. It had a custom spray painted body with the Statue of Liberty surrounded by colored fireworks...Did you ever see that one? I just didn't have the money at the time,otherwise I would have bought it.I'll see if i can find a pic on the internet.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');