• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Instruments do you play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Instruments do you play?

Nope, never have seen that but it sounds like one kick a$$ guitar! That is one I would put on display and not wanna play in fear of messing it up hahaha, man I need to start up playing some more! Need to get down scales and chords before I move on to harder stuff

Comment

Originally posted by john m. View Post
      Nope, never have seen that but it sounds like one kick a$$ guitar! That is one I would put on display and not wanna play in fear of messing it up hahaha, man I need to start up playing some more! Need to get down scales and chords before I move on to harder stuff
      I had a look around the web...No sign of it! If I remember well,there were only 400 ever made(?).. I typed in 'Kramer Guitars + Statue of Liberty' in the google search images....and couldn't find it.. It really was a beautifull guitar. I think it was the same as an Eddie Van Halen model(?) but with the custom paint job.

If you're wanting to start rockin',don't bother with those 'play a day' type books...they just show traditional methods of playing..Go for a book which has tablature of a rock guitarist that you like...Petrucci might be a bit advanced. Try something like Black Sabbath(Tony Iommi),or maybe Lynyrd Skynyrd or ZZ Top......Something that's not too fast. Playing along with CD's helps. There are a lot of DVDs aswell.

What strings do you use?.. I like Ernie Ball 10's...I find 9's are a bit light sounding.

Comment

Thanks ill definitely give those a look as there is no way Id be able to keep up with Petrucci

At the moment I have some earnie ball super slinkies

Comment

Come on guys where are all the videos? Am I gonna have to be the first to post? haha

Comment

Originally posted by john m. View Post

Come on guys where are all the videos? Am I gonna have to be the first to post? haha

John,I still havn't been able to figure out how to get my tracks from DAT to the computer...Anyone here have any ideas? My fault for not buying a CD recorder.....Well DAT was out first.Was only a few years later that CDR format became affordable.

Comment

Wish I could help, I have no idea I know one guy on youtube has a pod 2.0 plugged directly into his computer and makes videos with windows movie maker or something...sorry im a noob with recording stuff

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');