• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Instruments do you play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Instruments do you play?

Oka, so Ive been meaning to make this thread for a while but have been putting it off

So lets see what you play! Post up pics, how long you've played, and other things such as the style you like. Also, just post up anything to do with music in here! To really make this thread take off lets see some videos too I know there is one video of me playing back from highschool but I dont wanna post it up yet cuz I dont really like it So if anyone else is willing to put up videos Ill put up mine too

So here is my baby! My alto sax. been playing since a little before 6th grade. Unfortunally I havent been able to play like I would want to anymore but still try to when I can.

And this is my guitar. Only been playing this for a little over a year. Also have a small peavy amp and a Pod 2.0 processor for it. All of which I am probably going to sell soon haha. Not very good on this one

So lets see what you guys are playing, and lets see some vids too

Re: What Instruments do you play?

Is that an ESP?
    I used to play bass and dibble with the geetar. But music isn't my creative outlet I'd rather build electric guitars than play. I stll have my first washburn bass and an ergodyne bass. Havnt played either in atleast three years. Sometimes I forget I have them.
    Daily - 09 Chevrolet Colorado - Techno gray metallic
    baby - 92 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - aged, yellowed, white.

Comment

Nice!!

Alto/Tenor Sax
      Piano
      Joel
      Firefighter/EMT-B
      Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
      "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
      '99 F-150

Comment

I've always wanted to learn how to jam out on the piano.
        "Every moment frontin and maxin
        Chillin in the car they spent all day waxin
        "

Comment

Its a Schecter C-1 with a floyd rose tremelo. I like it but frustrate myself when I play

I really like the piano! Ive been attempting to teach myself how to play by ear, so far I have some chords down and random stuff Ive written but dont know what chords or notes im playing Have yall heard of Jordan Rudess? Guy is an insane keyboard player!

Joel, didnt know you play the sax too! Thats awesome! I played tenor in jazz band my freshman year, but then went back to alto since I like it much better. Was never able to get much of a jazz sound on tenor, right now im shooting for a Cannonball Adderley sound.

Where are the videos guys?

Comment

Trying to learn guitar. Not working.
            -James
            2012 Chevy Silverado ECSB. Z71 4x4. 5.3

Comment

Originally posted by john m. View Post
              Have yall heard of Jordan Rudess? Guy is an insane keyboard player!
              Where are the videos guys?
              I thought I liked Tool, but hearing Dreamtheather changed my mind on who was better. I love crazy piano/keyboard jams.
              "Every moment frontin and maxin
              Chillin in the car they spent all day waxin
              "

Comment

Bass-4 years
                Guitar-2 years
                Drums-2 years
                Piano-just mess around

Comment

I used to think other bands where really good until Dream Theater, lol they are all so good at what they do!!

Come on guys we need some pictures and videos!

Comment

Originally posted by john m. View Post

Joel, didnt know you play the sax too! Thats awesome! I played tenor in jazz band my freshman year, but then went back to alto since I like it much better. Was never able to get much of a jazz sound on tenor, right now im shooting for a Cannonball Adderley sound.
                    Yea, I've played the Alto since 5th grade and the Tenor since Freshman year in college. Piano from kindergarden.
                    Joel
                    Firefighter/EMT-B
                    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
                    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
                    '99 F-150

Comment

Used to be able to play the piano. Haven't played in years, so I'd probably need a refresher course . I can play the harmonica - not like a pro, of course, but I can play it.
                      Shane
                      1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Thats cool! Both of my sisters took piano lessons when they were little and quit early on. Wish I wouldve taken lessons cuz I wish I knew how to play haha.

Whats it take to get some pics and videos from you guys? I would post a link to my vid but dont wanna be the only one

Comment

I played in my high school band... and I was entrusted with an instrument with a bold and delicate sound.

Comment

Been playing Piano for 13 years now

Yamaha Grand Piano (not the best lighting for the pictures)

My Yamaha Practice Keyboard:

Been Playing Trombone for 9 years:

Kanstul 1570 - CR .547-inch bore with a .562-inch bore open wrap F Attachment and a Kanstul Controlled Resistance valve plus 3 interchangeable leadpipes

My Jazz Bone (i love this one sooo much)
                            King 2102L (2B) Jiggs Whigham Model - a straight .491" (12.47mm) bore, 7-3/8" (187mm) yellow brass bell and nickel silver outer slide tubes, plus shorter lightweight slide for faster and quicker response

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
                            Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Originally posted by the_invisible View Post
                              I played in my high school band... and I was entrusted with an instrument with a bold and delicate sound.

Even though that was a joke the funny thing is that the triangle is the one instrument that can ruin a band. No matter what is being played,where it is being played, whether in a concert hall or on a huge football field, the triangle will ALWAYS be heard. If the triangle player messes up, everyone knows, including critics.

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
                              Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');