• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Instruments do you play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Instruments do you play?

Andrew that jazz bone is sweet!! Only been around a few really good jazz bone players my old band teacher was alright and the director of the all region jazz band I was in in highschool, other director was stockton hellbing (played with maynard) Would love to hear some of your stuff

Found this video you should check out if you havent already seen it!

With piano, you would love what my church got just a little over a year or so ago, steinway and sons! Thing is awesome!

Comment

Hi everybody(as Dr.Nick would say).

A lot of nice stuff there.I remember saying,John,to upload your pics of the sax.Cool! great instrument.

As for me I've been playing the guitar for 30yrs+.I tried a bit of classical,but I have bad nails for plucking strings.I'm a big fan of David Gilmour,Randy Rhoads and Eddie Van Halen,just to name a few.I don't have any vids,but I do have recordings.They are not on CD.I don't have a CD recorder.I don't know how to get the tunes from analog and digital tape onto my computer?

Here are my guitars and amps from left to right: '78 Fender precision,'87 Fender Stratocaster(American w texas bridge),'96 Gibson Les Paul Standard and '80 Gibson Spirit. Fender 'The Twin' combo,Marshall stack and a Trace Elliot Bass combo.(Also not pictured:Charvell A3? and a Yamaha classical).

Good thread....keep it going!
      Last edited by Eddie6th; Jul 16, 2009, 07:05 PM. Reason: appearance of smilie for no reason? + forgot bass amp

Comment

I dont think there is a drool smiley on here but if there was Id be using it right now!! Oh man that is an awesome setup you got there with some fine guitars! Looking at your pic that is about everything I wanted to get when I started getting into guitars

Maybe someone can help you figure out how to upload your recordings cuz I would love to hear them! Ill post up my vid if someone else posts something hahaha

Comment

Piano, Percussion (Timpani, any of the keyboard instruments, snare, Quints), Drum Set, Trumpet, a little bit each of Trombone, Saxophone, and Clarinet.
          My true love is the French Horn though, but I haven't played in a little over 4 years now :'(
          I really want to learn to play Cello.
          I want one of these in the worst way:

100% Carbon Fiber Cello. Even if I never learn to play it, I will have one because it is a magnificent piece of musical and modern art :drool:.
          Look at the instrument in a professional photography setting - the thing just GLOWS
          If a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody there to record the event, how can you be certain that there was a tree or even a forest to begin with?

Comment

A carbon fiber cello!! That is just sick! I want one just to display the sheer awesomeness of it

Comment

Come on guys we cant let this thread die I know more of yall are play

Comment

Originally posted by Carfire View Post
                Nice!!

Alto/Tenor Sax
                Piano
                Cool!

Same here.

Comment

I am very experienced Percussionist... Anything from Marimba, Drum Set, Marching Snare, etc.

I am a member of a top rated high school drumline, concert, and marching band...
                  Matt

Comment

Originally posted by john m. View Post
                    I dont think there is a drool smiley on here but if there was Id be using it right now!! Oh man that is an awesome setup you got there with some fine guitars! Looking at your pic that is about everything I wanted to get when I started getting into guitars

Maybe someone can help you figure out how to upload your recordings cuz I would love to hear them! Ill post up my vid if someone else posts something hahaha
                    'Pod' .I use one too. They are awsome for recording direct.If it's pod 2.o,i don't know.I just know it looks like a kidney bean and says line6 on it,but i can find out.

Comment

Originally posted by Megafast13 View Post
                      I am very experienced Percussionist... Anything from Marimba, Drum Set, Marching Snare, etc.

I am a member of a top rated high school drumline, concert, and marching band...
                      Very cool! What high school do you go to? I went to waxahachie, we had a good drummer for a while, he went to berkley college and got an ego though. And we had one guy that was really weird but awesome at bass.

Originally posted by Eddie6th View Post
                      'Pod' .I use one too. They are awsome for recording direct.If it's pod 2.o,i don't know.I just know it looks like a kidney bean and says line6 on it,but i can find out.
                      I actually have a pod 2.0 lol. Havent used it for recording though. Thing doesnt look pretty but its awesome! You can get so many sounds out of it!

Comment

I've been playing alto for 9 years now, its what I do , music major. And now I play piano, i've always tried to teach myself, clarinet and a little flute, I'll have to play everything before I graduate which is exciting to me, everything I've always wanted to play but never had the time or money to. My baby is a newish Selmer Reference 54 alto modeled after the old Mark VI which really isn' an accurate representation, I've played both, for any sax guys out there, I've seen ya. I'll try and get a pic up, I love her.

Peace

Comment

^Awesome! I wanted to be a music major but decided against it lol what school do you go to? Would love to see some pics! Ive only played one Mark VI and it was my old teachers and man those are nice but Ive not heard of the Reference 54. I really want to get to playing again this year so I can audition for some of the jazz bands up here. Btw, up here is referencing to UNT so I will not be suprissed if I get sent away

Got any vids Firston? Would love to hear ya play!

Comment

Piano
                            Guitar
                            Trumpet- played for 2 colleges and at the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta
                            2011 Ford Mustang GT Cali Special
                            2012 Kia Sorento EX

Comment

Originally posted by john m. View Post
                              Andrew that jazz bone is sweet!! Only been around a few really good jazz bone players my old band teacher was alright and the director of the all region jazz band I was in in highschool, other director was stockton hellbing (played with maynard) Would love to hear some of your stuff

Found this video you should check out if you havent already seen it!

With piano, you would love what my church got just a little over a year or so ago, steinway and sons! Thing is awesome!

Dang that guy is good in that video. Unfortunately I only have 1 recording of myself, which was from my sophomore year in high school and I messed up a bunch haha and it wasn't on that jazz horn, but a King 2B Silversonic (it played beautifully too)

I've played a few steinways and they play great for classical music, did your church get a concert grand? I like yamaha's for playing jazz, they seem to have a brighter ttone, which goes better with jazz

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
                              Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Not sure if we got the concert grand or not but its really nice! Had some people come play for concerts and such, really good classical your right!

Post up your recording Mine is from my senior year but I was not on at all that night so its not to good. Plus it sounds thin, scooped to much, and I was flat in the beginning, only part I like is the cadenza You post yours Ill post mine :rotfl: haha

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');