• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is a Gilmour Foam Gun worth the money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is a Gilmour Foam Gun worth the money?

Has anyone used the foam gun for engine bay??

Comment

I believe it is originally designed for cleaning companies, etc...

I am sure you could throw some degreaser in there.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Marc08EX View Post
        Exactly my thoughts. I don't see the need for the foam gun to be used as a pre-rinse. It's just a waste of soap IMO. I see the foam gun as a benefit when used the same way you are doing.. Foam each panel and wash it at the same time.

So Nick, do you only have 1 bucket left? Do you use it as a rinse bucket and you eliminated the soap bucket?

I usually pour a couple ounces of soap in the bucket, and throw a grit guard in there as well.
        Nick
        Tucker's Detailing Services
        815-954-0773
        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

A word of advice for those who buy a foam gun with the brass pin/meter. Make sure and tighten the screws on the top of the foam gun and on the end of the brass pin/meter. If you lose those, it could be a headache on trying to replace them.

Comment

Originally posted by imacarnut View Post
            A word of advice for those who buy a foam gun with the brass pin/meter. Make sure and tighten the screws on the top of the foam gun and on the end of the brass pin/meter. If you lose those, it could be a headache on trying to replace them.

Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');