• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Sign Up Thread For The Detail Day at Nick's Place...Dallas, Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Sign Up Thread For The Detail Day at Nick's Place...Dallas, Texas

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    At SEMA I met Bob Greer, a custom car painter and detailer for over 25 years and also the inventor of the Thumbgun! Here you can see a variety of polishers with Thumbguns mounted on them and ready to get to work.

That's Bob in the picture below using his invention.

Bob's going to set us up with one of these new tools for the Dallas Roadshow Class so everyone can have a chance to try it out.
    Originally posted by john m. View Post
    Thumbgun?? This will be a very interesting meet! I cant wait!
    Shane
    1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

• Re: Official Sign Up Thread For The Detail Day at Nick's Place...Dallas, Texas

I guess Paul and myself will be the only Hoosiers in attendance...
      Chris
      Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Bob's going to set us up with one of these new tools for the Dallas Roadshow Class so everyone can have a chance to try it out.
        Nick or Mike-

Is this a Roadshow event now because you will be teaching it? I guess Nick's little Detail Day has gone mainstream!

Is Saturday an official class and Sunday a detailing session?
        If I'd have known there would be certificates and stuff maybe I would have shown up!
        Gee- them Texas boys have all the fun.
        Kevin Brown
        NXTti Instructor, Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team, Meguiar's Distributor/Retailer

Comment

Where are some of the out of town people staying? Were you able to get a good rate?

Comment

Originally posted by rustybumper View Post
            where are some of the out of town people staying? Were you able to get a good rate?
            i will stay free in dallas at mother-in-law's.

Comment

Does she have a couch for rent? lol jk

Comment

Originally posted by RustyBumper View Post
                Where are some of the out of town people staying? Were you able to get a good rate?

The Embassy Suites at Love Field. Friends and family rate thru relative.Free drinks from 5:30-7:30 nitely (managers reception) and free chef cooked breakfast in the am. You're welcome to come join us.

Paul S
                Live like you're not afraid to die.Don't be scared, just enjoy your ride. Chris Ledoux RIP

PAUL SPARKS / Distinctive Auto Detailing
                317-513-4678

Comment

Two people have taken their name off the list, and two people have confirmed their name on the list. Below is the latest and greatest.

On a side note, I'd like to make a comment on this class. Quite a few people have commented to me through PM's, phone and in person that they are getting the impression that this is an Autogeek class. Let me nip that in the butt right here and now. This is NOT an Autogeek class. This is a Texas GTG, nothing more, nothing less. Mike has graciously offered to help me out with this thing. Autogeek isn't paying Mike to be here, they aren't paying for his plane ticket out here, and they aren't paying for his place to stay while he is here. This all falls on me to make all these things happen. However, Autogeek has given Mike the time off of work so he is able to make it out here, and I am very grateful for that!

There have been a few people that have wanted to pull their name off the list because they thought this was going too mainstream. This is just a group of guys getting together, having fun and learning new things. I hope everyone can attend and most importantly HAVE FUN!!!

1-Mark Kleis
                  2-Chris - PorscheGuy997
                  3-Ryan - rsmithuf
                  4-Derrick - RayC777
                  5-Mike- mcox
                  6-Christian - cjsls
                  7-hotrod66paul
                  8-Eduardo - HouDetails
                  9-John - john m.
                  10-rustybumper
                  11-Al - al1515
                  12-Bernie - Dope92CC
                  13-Rich - dfw
                  14-Eddie - Dotkong
                  15-Tim - olbear1962
                  16-proreflection -axel_ny
                  17-Mike - WrightDetail
                  18-Jennifer - jan_stang
                  19-I'm in Bill - BillGastonJr
                  20-Matthew - waxmatt
                  21-Vicki - yellowcarsrock
                  22-ron - ronniejay
                  23-James-TXShine
                  24-Bob - Kemist
                  25-Randy Love-RLove
                  26-Scott Scottwax
                  27-Joe - Hooligan
                  28-Rachel - Mintri
                  29-Doug austinls
                  30-Mark-Mark Preus

Standby List
                  1.Tim McCann-maxepr1
                  2.Chris-ceyko
                  3.Andy - StadiumDetail
                  4.Ron - MrSmoothTouch
                  5.Chris - Counselor
                  6.Robert - Whowhat
                  7.Todd - st-dubtx
                  8.Sonny - Gooch1977
                  2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
                  2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
                  2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
                  2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Chapman View Post

This is just a group of guys getting together, having fun and learning new things. I hope everyone can attend and most importantly HAVE FUN!!!
                    Thanks for clarifying Nick, in a previous post I used the word "Roadshow" just because when I get back home I was going to need a place to post the pictures I take and that probably led to some of the confusion.

Just to back up what Nick said, this isn't an official class, just a GTG, I'm glad I get to attend and I'm always hoping to learn something new just like everyone else.

I did have Bob from Thumbgun send out a couple of Thumbguns for everyone to test out and at this time Autogeek has no relationship with this company so this isn't any kind of promotion on our part.

Everyone always says they like to test new products so I took it upon myself to get this new tool to Nicks shop because I thought that's what you guys like? Testing out new products?

I'm also going to bring the Flex Lightweight Rotary Buffer so anyone interested in a lighter weight rotary buffer can test it out along side all the regular size rotary buffers.

And like Nick said, I'm not on Autogeek's time for this GTG, these are my days off and I'm doing this because I'm a car guy like all of you. I also like to share what I've learned over the years and most people that have attended any of the classes I've taught over the years tend to pick up a trick or two.

That's how I first met Nick, he attended both the Detailing 101 and the Advanced Class here at Meguiar's in which I was the Instructor for the Detailing 101 and Mike Pennington and I were the Instructors for the Advanced Class.

Open Class for Member's of Meguiar's Online = November 11th, 2006

We have two special guests that have flown in from Dallas, Texas just to attend the Meguiar's Detailing 101 Class!

Nick and Jim from Dallas, Texas!

Advanced Class #1 - Pictures & Comments - Saturday March 22nd, 2008

I worked with Nick again when he flew out for the Batmobile Extreme Makeover

Nick's a very accomplished detailer and our relationship goes back over 3 years now via this discussion forum.

See you all this Saturday...

Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Two people have taken their name off the list, and two people have confirmed their name on the list. Below is the latest and greatest.

On a side note, I'd like to make a comment on this class. Quite a few people have commented to me through PM's, phone and in person that they are getting the impression that this is an Autogeek class. Let me nip that in the butt right here and now. This is NOT an Autogeek class. This is a Texas GTG, nothing more, nothing less. Mike has graciously offered to help me out with this thing. Autogeek isn't paying Mike to be here, they aren't paying for his plane ticket out here, and they aren't paying for his place to stay while he is here. This all falls on me to make all these things happen. However, Autogeek has given Mike the time off of work so he is able to make it out here, and I am very grateful for that!

There have been a few people that have wanted to pull their name off the list because they thought this was going too mainstream. This is just a group of guys getting together, having fun and learning new things. I hope everyone can attend and most importantly HAVE FUN!!!

1-Mark Kleis
                      2-Chris - PorscheGuy997
                      3-Ryan - rsmithuf
                      4-Derrick - RayC777
                      5-Mike- mcox
                      6-Christian - cjsls
                      7-hotrod66paul
                      8-Eduardo - HouDetails
                      9-John - john m.
                      10-rustybumper
                      11-Al - al1515
                      12-Bernie - Dope92CC
                      13-Rich - dfw
                      14-Eddie - Dotkong
                      15-Tim - olbear1962
                      16-proreflection -axel_ny
                      17-Mike - WrightDetail
                      18-Jennifer - jan_stang
                      19-I'm in Bill - BillGastonJr
                      20-Matthew - waxmatt
                      21-Vicki - yellowcarsrock
                      22-ron - ronniejay
                      23-James-TXShine
                      24-Bob - Kemist
                      25-Randy Love-RLove
                      26-Scott Scottwax
                      27-Joe - Hooligan
                      28-Rachel - Mintri
                      29-Doug austinls
                      30-Mark-Mark Preus

Standby List
                      1.Tim McCann-maxepr1
                      2.Chris-ceyko
                      3.Andy - StadiumDetail
                      4.Ron - MrSmoothTouch
                      5.Chris - Counselor
                      6.Robert - Whowhat
                      7.Todd - st-dubtx
                      8.Sonny - Gooch1977

I guess you overlooked my name to be removed above " 17-Mike - WrightDetail " as in prior reply and PM to you, I cannot make it...work calls.

Best of luck in your gtg !
                      WrightDetail
                      The Wright Way
                      2007 Chevy HHR
                      2008 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 1500

Comment

Mike, I know I am always up to test new stuff and by the sounds of it you are helping us get some very cool things that I would love to check out! Im really excited for the class and hoping I can learn lots of new stuff!

Nick really is a great guy and the few times I have worked with him have definitely helped me! I know everyone that goes will end up having a blast! Also, Nick, how much would you suggest we bring as donations for the pizza, drinks etc?

Comment

\ This is just a group of guys getting together, having fun and learning new things. I hope everyone can attend and most importantly HAVE FUN!!!

see you there! anything for sunday so i don`t make any plans..?
                          proreflection
                          *Ceramic Coating * Protection Film * Car Wrap * Paint Correction

Detail Luxury and Exotics in Austin area

Comment

Originally posted by dfw View Post
                            Strange question but, how are the roads over there? Pretty smooth or ruff?
                            Anyone? I don't want to break something out there venturing into unknown territory lol...

Comment

Originally posted by axel_ny View Post
                              see you there! anything for sunday so i don`t make any plans..?
                              Sunday is the Extreme Makover on the 1954 Mercedes-Benz

Mike Phillips
                              760-515-0444
                              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Sunday is the Extreme Makover on the 1954 Mercedes-Benz
                                mike keep up the good work....although we cant be there, we can feel the warm of your passion right over this end....keep posting pls

i wouldnt mind to pay for a video , pls get all these in archieves, its tremendous valueble for us (non-us) detailers

app yr kind attention over this
                                little request

its fun learning from u
                                it only takes a little patience and plenty of PASSION!!

detailing blog

http://thedetailers.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');