• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Sign Up Thread For The Detail Day at Nick's Place...Dallas, Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Sign Up Thread For The Detail Day at Nick's Place...Dallas, Texas

Detail Day at Nick’s Place!

The date is set in concrete! We're going to have a Detailing Class at my shop on November 14th, 2009 from 8:00am to 5:00pm and then afterwards we'll all meet up for dinner and cold refreshments.

Special Guest
    Mike Phillips from Autogeek will be our special guest and will be here all day Saturday to show you how to work by hand and machine as well as answer all your questions.

6522 Midway Road
    Haltom City, TX 76117
    Mapquest Driving Directions

Local Airports
    Dallas Fort Worth Airport – About 15 minutes away. (Airport Code = DFW)
    Love Field - About 30 minutes away. (Airport Code = DAL)

Schedule
    • 8:00am to 8:30am Meet & Greet
    • 8:30am to 10:30am Classroom session
    • 10:30am to noon - Hands-on demonstrations
    • Noon to 12:30pm - *Pizza lunch and cold drinks
    • 5:00pm - Work on your own car with help from Nick and Mike.

*We will be taking up donations to pay for pizza, cold drinks and ice.

There will be a short classroom session in the morning to go over the basics and make sure everyone's on the same page. This will also be a time for questions and answers.

Then we're going to demonstrate how to work by hand and then by machine including all the popular tools in the detailing world. We'll also be doing some wet-sanding by hand and with a DA Sander followed by using a rotary buffer to remove the sanding marks.

Opportunity's knocking!
    So here's your chance to get some hands-on training from a couple of guys with years of experience detailing cars and specfically... polishing paint to perfection.

Concrete Commitment
    Now here's the deal, we need a concrete list of people that will confirm they're going to be here because spaces are limited. There is no charge for this class and if you sign-up and then find out you can't make it PLEASE let us know so we can make room for someone else to take your place.

This class is a first come first sign-up basis and each person that wants to attend must reply to this thread here on MOL

Requirements:
    If you plan on attending this detailing class you must be a registered member of this forum and reply to this sign-up thread. We will then add your name to the list. If you're not a member of Meguiar's Online, click the below link to register now.

Click here to register with the Meguiar's Online discussion forum!

Note: You cannot sign-up a buddy. Anyone that wants to attend must sign-up themselves.

Sign-up List
    Please reply to this thread and in your reply, simply type your real first name followed by a space then a dash then a space and then your forum name. Like this,

Bob - Speeder66

1-Mark Kleis
    2-Chris - PorscheGuy997
    3-Ryan - rsmithuf
    4-Derrick - RayC777
    5-Mike- mcox
    6-Christian - cjsls
    7-hotrod66paul
    8-Eduardo - HouDetails
    9-Jonathan - sudsbyhubbs
    10-John - john m.
    11-rustybumper
    12-Al - al1515
    13-Bernie - Dope92CC
    14-Rich - dfw
    15-Eddie - Dotkong
    16-Tim - olbear1962
    17-proreflection -axel_ny
    18-Mike - WrightDetail
    19-Jennifer - jan_stang
    20-Sam, -Evolve-
    21-I'm in Bill - BillGastonJr
    22-Matthew - waxmatt
    23-Vicki - yellowcarsrock
    24- ron - ronniejay
    25-James-TXShine
    26-Bob - Kemist
    27-Randy Love-RLove
    28-Scott Scottwax
    29-Joe - Hooligan
    30-Rachel - Mintri

Standby List
    1.Doug austinls
    2.Mark-Mark Preus
    3.Tim McCann-maxepr1
    4.Chris-ceyko
    5.Andy - StadiumDetail
    6.Ron - MrSmoothTouch
    7.Chris - Counselor
    8.Robert - Whowhat
    9.Todd - st-dubtx
    10.Sonny - Gooch1977

This is going to be a lot of fun!
    Here's your chance to put a face to an Avatar!
    Last edited by Markus Kleis; Oct 24, 2009, 02:22 PM. Reason: UPDATED LIST 10-24-09
    2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
    2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Re: Official Sign Up Thread For The Detail Day at Nick's Place...Dallas, Texas

Let's do this...

(Count me in pending special needs from Ford which I am looking into right now)

Comment

Holding this spot for upcoming information on hotels, restaurants, etc...
      ---------------------------------------------------------------

Alright guys, been checking on hotels.
      The area where the shop is located is a heavy commercial/industrial area, and this means "not so great neighborhoods". So I've been trying to put a list of decent hotels together, and still stay relatively close to the shop. Only problem is my definition of "decent" and yours may be completely different. So here it goes...

1-Deluxe Inn (817) 834-1271.... 6401 Airport Fwy, Fort Worth, TX 76117. This one is literally right around the corner from the shop. If you don't mind roaches and bums, then this is the place for you. Personally, I wouldn't stay there, but thats just me

2-Ramada (817) 284-2126.... 125 NE Loop 820, Hurst, TX 76053. This one is better, but by no means a "5 star". OK neighborhood. Couple of small used car lots around it, but I probably wouldn't worry too much about it. It'd be close to the bottom of my list, but I would stay there.

3-Comfort Inn (817) 577-4389.... 5151 Thaxton Pkwy, North Richland Hills, TX 76180. Not a bad place, but pretty much the same as option #2

4-Holiday Inn Express-Dfw (817) 442-5919......309 W State Highway 114, Grapevine, TX 76051. Anything in Grapevine or Southlake is going to be great. So if you find one in one of those cities, I'd stay there in a heartbeat!

Those are just a few options of the thousands available. I don't know much about Ft Worth hotels, but could check them out for you if you need me to. Anything around DFW Ariport is going to be decent to very nice depending on your budget, and DFW Airport is about 15-20 minutes from the shop.

If you have any concerns or questions about a place you have in mind to stay, please don't hesitate to call me at 214-205-1287 and I'll do my best to either tell you what I know or drive by and check it out.

Nick
      2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
      2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
      2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
      2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Comment

I'll be there.

Chris - PorscheGuy997

I'll donate a few tins of M16 as door prizes.
        Chris
        Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

I'd like to join! Sounds like a great opportunity.

Ryan - rsmithuf

Comment

Nick, this is Derrick in Grapevine. I'll be there.

Derrick - RayC777

Comment

Nick,

Count me in!

Mike- mcox
              Michael

Talent hits a target no-one else can hit; genius hits targets no-one else can see. - Schopenhauer

Comment

I don't know any of ya'll but i would love to participate.

Christian - cjsls
                2004 Mazda 6i Onyx Black

Comment

Nick, Count me in. I will call later for more info. hotrod66paul
                  Live like you're not afraid to die.Don't be scared, just enjoy your ride. Chris Ledoux RIP

PAUL SPARKS / Distinctive Auto Detailing
                  317-513-4678

Comment

Count me in. Eduardo - HouDetails

Comment

I'll be there.

Jonathan - sudsbyhubbs

Comment

Awesome!!!! I will get to hang out with you and Mike!!! Its a detailing dream

Count me in, and let me know if you are going to need help setting anything up and Ill do what I can!

John - john m.

Comment

I'm in.

Comment

Sounds like fun. Mark me down.

Al - al1515

Comment

I want to be there! What the standby list? People that might be able to come? If so, put me on that list, please. I'd love to be there.

Bernie - Dope92CC
                              Daily - 09 Chevrolet Colorado - Techno gray metallic
                              baby - 92 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - aged, yellowed, white.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');