• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Deal for M16 on Ebay.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Great Deal for M16 on Ebay.

about to test it out now in the dark, though i did prime it using Mike's method to spin the tin around and even out the wax and let it sit for a while earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by noobhax0r View Post
      about to test it out now in the dark, though i did prime it using Mike's method to spin the tin around and even out the wax and let it sit for a while earlier.
      Let me know how it goes.
      James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
      Calais Auto Detailing
      CalaisDetails@aim.com
      www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

Did a spot test on a fender panel... since the wax wasnt completely solid, the foam applicator grabbed more product, so I had to spread it on thicker onto a small panel. Wax went on easy and came off easy. The wax gave a warm glow in the light vs unwaxed, so Im assuming its fine (probably not 100% since Meg's advises against separated products). Water tested.. sheeting was better vs nonwaxed, spraying water still resulted in nice beading as well.. sorry no pics, though i will post some of the hood when i do the whole car within the next few days

Comment

Originally posted by noobhax0r View Post
          Did a spot test on a fender panel... since the wax wasnt completely solid, the foam applicator grabbed more product, so I had to spread it on thicker onto a small panel. The wax gave a warm glow in the light vs unwaxed, so Im assuming its fine (probably not 100% since Meg's advises against separated products). Water tested.. sheeting was better vs nonwaxed, spraying water still resulted in nice beading as well.. sorry no pics, though i will post some of the hood when i do the whole car within the next few days
          So then it is fine. Glad to hear it.
          Calais Auto Detailing
          CalaisDetails@aim.com

Comment

If your wax is a bit separated or you would like to get it back to its original state, here are some steps:

- Take a small pot and fill it hot water. Place it on the stove and turn the heat to medium.

- Remove the lid and use a pair of pliers or something to firmly grasp your tin of wax. You want to submerge the tin until the water level is about a centimeter from the top of the tin.

- Use a spoon or other utensil to mash the wax. Keep stirring the wax until it is completely melted. Be sure that the water never comes to a boil.

- Once the wax is melted, you can take out the tin and let it cool. It might take a while to be completely solid.

Note: this is not a recommended procedure. However, I have done this many times with very good success.
            Chris
            Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Originally posted by PorscheGuy997 View Post
              If your wax is a bit separated or you would like to get it back to its original state, here are some steps:

- Take a small pot and fill it hot water. Place it on the stove and turn the heat to medium.

- Remove the lid and use a pair of pliers or something to firmly grasp your tin of wax. You want to submerge the tin until the water level is about a centimeter from the top of the tin.

- Use a spoon or other utensil to mash the wax. Keep stirring the wax until it is completely melted. Be sure that the water never comes to a boil.

- Once the wax is melted, you can take out the tin and let it cool. It might take a while to be completely solid.

Note: this is not a recommended procedure. However, I have done this many times with very good success.

Uhhh dude, i think you just gave your secret out for how to make your dash wax
              "Every moment frontin and maxin
              Chillin in the car they spent all day waxin
              "

Comment

Originally posted by Zuke View Post
                Uhhh dude, i think you just gave your secret out for how to make your dash wax
                Actually he wrote a step by step of how to make his dash wax in the original thread about his dash wax.
                Calais Auto Detailing
                CalaisDetails@aim.com

Comment

Works with Kiwi shoe polish too!

for those of us who use it for work such as I do once in a while.....
                  Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

I ended up with 12 tins of M16 sitting in my closet, that should last me a while....and I still have 5 tins of Collinite 476s and 1 tin of FK1000P to get through!
                    NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

omgoodness why must all of you guys hoarde?!!?

anyone like to send me a tin? Say for 10 bucks?

Comment

I heated my funny looking tin. I'm still waiting for it to completely re-solidify.
                        Calais Auto Detailing
                        CalaisDetails@aim.com

Comment

Originally posted by Xan7hos View Post
                          omgoodness why must all of you guys hoarde?!!?

anyone like to send me a tin? Say for 10 bucks?
                          You live w/ in walking distance to the Meg's garage, Id trade 10 tins for that anyday.
                          "Every moment frontin and maxin
                          Chillin in the car they spent all day waxin
                          "

Comment

Am I the only one who has only one can of M16?
                            Nick
                            Tucker's Detailing Services
                            815-954-0773
                            2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
                              Am I the only one who has only one can of M16?
                              No, I only bought one can too.

Wished I would have made the seller an offer on two cans though.
                              r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by PorscheGuy997 View Post

So I take it that no water is allowed in the can?
                                r. b.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');