• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Deal for M16 on Ebay.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Great Deal for M16 on Ebay.

Whether the seller would accept an offer REALLY depends on his mood.

My offer was rejected in the morning, but the same offer was accepted in the afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by 02whitetundra View Post
      I got my 2 tins in yesterday. I tried an application today and I have to say that I'm not impressed with M16 for my vehicle. I used it on my white truck that already had Nxt 2 on it. M16 completely dulled out the shine. Not glossy at all. Just left a dull, unappealing look to it.
      I think you should look into Tim's answer.
      And that link may be helpful as well http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=125687 There are some cars presented with M16 on them and they are looking great IMO.

Nevertheless, I havent tried M16 by myself, so I dont have my personal experience...

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Lingor View Post
        Meguiar's M16 is a traditional hard wax that yes has been around since the 1950's. However, it is still one the best waxes ever made! The Biggest problem with M16 however is the application method. Some people advocate applying an ultra thin coat to the entire car and then wiping it off. Others, like myself, have always had the best success applying and removing M16 one panel at a time. There have been no issues doing it that way and very minimal loss, if at all, in durability.
        Hi Tim,

Do you or have you applied M16 with the DA? I'm curious how you would recommend applying the M16 paste to the DA pad.

Thanks

Brian
        Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Mister B View Post
          Hi Tim,

Do you or have you applied M16 with the DA? I'm curious how you would recommend applying the M16 paste to the DA pad.

Thanks

Brian
          Hi Brian,

I have used M16 for a LONG time and my stash of cans will have to be pried from my cold hands!

When I use M16, I apply it by hand. The key is twisting the applicator in the tub quickly so that the friction causes a bit of heat thereby providing a thin, non-chunky coat to the applicator. Then apply it as thinly as possible, and I mean thin! With hard waxes, a thick coat will be extremely difficult to remove.

For a DA, I have tried it with M16 and other paste waxes, but I always go back to doing it by hand. If you want to use a DA, try smearing some on the paint with the foam applicator and then working it in with the DA and a finishing pad. It will be sticky at first until the pad gets a little saturated, but it will work. I just prefer to apply it by hand.

Tim
          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Hi Brian,

I have used M16 for a LONG time and my stash of cans will have to be pried from my cold hands!

When I use M16, I apply it by hand. The key is twisting the applicator in the tub quickly so that the friction causes a bit of heat thereby providing a thin, non-chunky coat to the applicator. Then apply it as thinly as possible, and I mean thin! With hard waxes, a thick coat will be extremely difficult to remove.

For a DA, I have tried it with M16 and other paste waxes, but I always go back to doing it by hand. If you want to use a DA, try smearing some on the paint with the foam applicator and then working it in with the DA and a finishing pad. It will be sticky at first until the pad gets a little saturated, but it will work. I just prefer to apply it by hand.

Tim
            I'll give it a try and see which method of application I prefer.

Thanks Tim.

Brian
            Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Mister B View Post
              I'll give it a try and see which method of application I prefer.

Thanks Tim.

Brian
              You're welcome! Let us know which method you prefer!

Tim

Comment

I agree with Tim on this one as well.

I use M16 a lot with my Neon and Yukon and I can actually tell where I didn't wax if I missed a spot.

Thin coats meaning very THIN! I have to look at the paint sideways to make sure I'm getting wax on.

I love it!
                Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

One of my cans was sort of purplish like another member's and a bit watery. I haven't used it (I already have two cans open) but it looks funny. I'm sure it will work just fine, I just thought it was really odd how much variation there is between tins of the same product.

On a side note: my friend let me take pictures of his 1971 Buick Skylark for my business cards so I think I am going to let him have a tub as a "thank you".
                  James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
                  Calais Auto Detailing
                  CalaisDetails@aim.com
                  www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

Meguiar's M16 is a traditional hard wax that yes has been around since the 1950's. However, it is still one the best waxes ever made! The Biggest problem with M16 however is the application method. Some people advocate applying an ultra thin coat to the entire car and then wiping it off. Others, like myself, have always had the best success applying and removing M16 one panel at a time. There have been no issues doing it that way and very minimal loss, if at all, in durability.

Tim
                    Hi Tim,

Just to clarify, when you apply and remove one panel at a time, are you doing a WOWO and not letting the wax dry/haze?

Thanks

Comment

A couple threads from Mike Phillips on M16 that I thought may be useful to some that have been stocking up on M16 for the first time.

The Secret Slot - How to open a can of M16

How To Break-in a New Can of M16
                      Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Piku View Post
                        Hi Tim,

Just to clarify, when you apply and remove one panel at a time, are you doing a WOWO and not letting the wax dry/haze?

Thanks
                        Correct. Because you have applied it so thin, it flashes relatively quickly, making the WOWO method just fine.

Tim

Comment

Correct. Because you have applied it so thin, it flashes relatively quickly, making the WOWO method just fine.

Tim
                          Thanks! I will try this out.

Comment

me too!
                            Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

I got my last order!! Here is my small fortune of M16:

I know I get shown up by Mike Phillips, oh well...
                              James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
                              Calais Auto Detailing
                              CalaisDetails@aim.com
                              www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

Ill raise you 4 tins.
                                "Every moment frontin and maxin
                                Chillin in the car they spent all day waxin
                                "

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');