• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radar detector!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Radar detector!!

Yeah I'm sure our local guy's don't appreciate all the citizen calls since most seem to be pretty trivial. Although when they get multiple calls or road rage calls, they're on it pretty quickly!
    On the cell phone note, nothing erks me worse then people calling in an accident and don't bother to stop or render some type of assistance! Gotta love hearing "caller reports seeing an accident at the intersection such and such or on rt such near such interchange.....caller is unaware of any injuries, caller did not stop.
    So out the door we go an lo and behold......there's no accident.....nothing....nada, no cars, no debris, no traffic, nothing......ERRRRRRR!
    For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

736th GunTrucks "Bakersfield to Bagdad"

Wife say's I'm "obsessed"!

Comment

Just curious here, is partially opening the door of the squad car on the shoulder and leaning out with the LIDAR SOP? I see this all the time. This seems rather risky.
      MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

Um...I think ur getting a lil off topic?

Comment

Who's getting off topic and how so? I think we're pretty much on the same concept here.
          For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

736th GunTrucks "Bakersfield to Bagdad"

Wife say's I'm "obsessed"!

Comment

agreed we're having a nice civil conversation about law enforcement and speeding and radar detectors. Seems to be flowing along quite nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by cnfowler View Post
              You're right.

Oddly enough, here in Colorado a citizen can call in a traffic complaint. After stopping the vehicle, the reporting party fills out a form explaining what the other driver did. If we feel there is sufficient evidence that the driver broke the law, we can issue a ticket off the reporting party's statement. Crazy, I know, since we never observed the violation. I think its stupid, but that's the way it works here.

Colin
              I'm really curious does this happen very often? If so do they require the accuser to show up to court if the ticket is questioned?

Comment

Originally posted by f86sabjf View Post
                I'm really curious does this happen very often? If so do they require the accuser to show up to court if the ticket is questioned?

It happens all the time. Usually several times during a 10 hour shift. We don't catch them all, but they get aired.

Yes, the reporting party gets subpoenaed to court if the violator contests the ticket. The whole case is based upon the reporting party's testimony since we, the officer, didn't observe the violation.

Colin
                A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

hmmm Colin do you have any idea what FHP does when we call them for some kid zig zagging thru traffic at high speeds?? I'm not sure if the *FHP
                  program was in effect when you were down here.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');