• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you paying for gas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $1.69 pr liter over here.. 98octane
    That's about $6.5pr Gallon

I rearly see 92 over here.. and never so low as 87..
    Most gas stations only carry 95, 98 unleaded and diesel.. some have 92 unleaded and 98 leaded as well..

Comment

• Just an update on some local jersey prices 3.09 for regular 3.29 for premium ( this is what i must run)
      2013 Race Red F-150 SCREW

Comment

• Originally posted by Karl SS
        $1.69 pr liter over here.. 98octane
        That's about $6.5pr Gallon

I rearly see 92 over here.. and never so low as 87..
        Most gas stations only carry 95, 98 unleaded and diesel.. some have 92 unleaded and 98 leaded as well..
        That's because in Europe, they tend more to try and get as much as they can out of the smaller engines that are so common there and the higher octane is required for the hard working engines.

As an example, my car has the 2.2L Ecotec that has 140 hp while Honda has an engine that while only 1.6L puts out 160 hp. I don't see any reason why GM can't tune the engine in my car to make 100 HP/L
        Don
        12/27/2015
        "Darth Camaro"
        2013 Camaro ... triple black
        323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

• Gas in NJ is around $3.00 / gallon. After the hurricane, and some news stations reporting record gas prices, there were lines @ stations in my area that I've never seen before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusty Bumper
            I don't understand why this is not considered price gouging?

I'm sure the oil company(s) didn't pay the just updated price for it.

No wonder big oil is awash in profits.
            It really is price gouging, but it is premised and validated on the philosophy of a free-market economy - supply and demand. Yeah right....

Exxon Mobil had its most profitable year in HISTORY last year. My numbers may be a little off, but my understanding is that this company had a PROFIT of $100 BILLION.

Anyway, gas has went up here about .40 this week. Many stations are running out of gas due to Hurricane Katrina because the majority of our gas comes from the Gulf. Several stations are not selling gas and others only have mid-grade and high-grade fuel left. All I can say, is be happy that you can buy gas.
            Bama

Comment

• Yeah it *****, when gas prices are so high and still to be increasing. I want a hydrogen car. Anyone heard about those cars? zero emmissions. BMW coming out with one for consumers around 2010 only a certain amount will be sold. Arnold the governor of California wants around 250,000 hydrogen gas stations up and running by 2007. Crazy aint it? Where they going to get that money from of coourse from us. Look at how much gas is. Maybe thats the reason why gas is so high to help support Arnold's dream. Premium grade over here is about 3.30

Comment

• hybrid hype

if anyone gets a chance, take a look @ the newest consumer reports. They did an article on epa standards, as well as tested the window sticker mpg vs. a machine, and found as much as 46% difference.

AMAZING article... hard to believe that manufacturers get away with high mpg claims.

they also rated the best and worst cars and trucks per category, suv , compact , pickup etc. on mpg

Comment

• Re: hybrid hype

Originally posted by rfinkle2
                  if anyone gets a chance, take a look @ the newest consumer reports. They did an article on epa standards, as well as tested the window sticker mpg vs. a machine, and found as much as 46% difference.

AMAZING article... hard to believe that manufacturers get away with high mpg claims.

they also rated the best and worst cars and trucks per category, suv , compact , pickup etc. on mpg
                  I know.

They (EPA) rate those vehicles in the most favorable of conditions.
                  r. b.

Comment

• heres an update for our gas prices here at south florida.

from the shell i always go to.

regular. 3.07
                    mid - 3.17
                    premium - 3.27

Watch me go crazy silly fresh.

Comment

• I know this is a little off the wall, but is it possible to siphon gas out of late model cars now?

I was thinking about buying a locking gas cap, just in case.
                      r. b.

Comment

I know this is a little off the wall, but is it possible to siphon gas out of late model cars now?

I was thinking of purchasing one as well...
                        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I know this is a little off the wall, but is it possible to siphon gas out of late model cars now?

If you do, make sure you buy one from the dealer, specifically for your vehicle. Late model GM's in particular are REALLY picky about the gas cap. If it is not on correctly, it will throw a Check Engine Code; all from a loose cap! Also, they usually come with 2 keys. I suggest hiding one in a safe place.

Tim
                          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

• Originally posted by 2hotford
                            If you do, make sure you buy one from the dealer, specifically for your vehicle. Late model GM's in particular are REALLY picky about the gas cap. If it is not on correctly, it will throw a Check Engine Code; all from a loose cap! Also, they usually come with 2 keys. I suggest hiding one in a safe place.

Tim
                            It's amazing how little things can have such a big affect on computerized cars!

Thanks for the nugget!
                            r. b.

Comment

• I get my gas for free!

Comment

• It hurts just thinking about it

$3.49
                                $3.59
                                $3.69

This was as of last night. I bet by the time I get home from work, it will go up at least another $0.10

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');