• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I like it !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superior Shine
    Too early to know. So far I like it. I have an employee that doesn't like it.

He likes the longer orbit of the PC. I am not sure why.

I have applied sealant on four cars and speed glaze on one so far with the new machine. So far so good.
    thanks for the reply joe. keep us posted!

Comment

The verdict is in! I prefer the PC / G100 !

I like how tight and smooth the Griots machine is but it isn’t aggressive enough for me.

Today we detailed a badly swirled black Toyota. I tried both machines out real good side by side.

The PC cuts much faster and is more aggressive. I used the PC to remove swirls from one half of the hood then used the Griots machine on the other half. I played with speeds and amount of product used and pressure applied.

After four applications using the same product and pad I used on the PC, I realized that the girots machine isn’t aggressive enough to bring out the swirls.

I went back and forth from the girots machine and back to the PC and I would go with the PC for sure.

The griots machine works well if your car is in pristine condition.

I am going to keep the girots machine to use with my Mirka sanding pads which work really well with it.
      Last edited by Superior Shine; Feb 10, 2006, 04:36 AM.
      Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Joe,

Thanks for take the plunge on griots machine i was considering the dewalt due to reputation but i read griots has a higher opm...i was waiting patiently for your answer...if your answer was te replace the pc/g100 for griots bamm i would sell my pc/g100 for the griots or dewalt...thanks for the update Joe...

Zey:
        You have the dewalt what was your take on the dewalt version
        (by the way should this conflict, let me know or delete tia)
        Miguel

"What you become directly influences what you get"

Comment

The verdict is in! I prefer the PC / G100 !

I like how tight and smooth the Griots machine is but it isn’t aggressive enough for me.
          Hey Joe, guess that means I'll be getting another PC. Wanna sell one of your extras?
          I want 4" Softbuff pads!

Comment

I am going to keep the girots machine to use with my Mirka sanding pads which work really well with it.
            That's interesting to know! Not that I do wetsanding, but it intrigues me. The ones you all showed them using in the Megs/Mirka class, and the ones Mirka seems to recommend are all pneumatic. Well that doesn't work so well for someone with no air compressor.

Glad to hear you've got a good electric-powered alternative. Even at $150 it would be a steal over the ones they suggest combined with a decent compressor to drive it.
            1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
            2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
            1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

The verdict is in! ..The PC cuts much faster and is more aggressive...
              Now that sorta surprises me! When it didn't bog down I would've expected the opposite. Thanks for the report, it sure is good to know. Less aggessive than the PC does *not* sound appealing.

Considering how mild Griot's Machine Polishes are when used with Griot's pads, I fear that doesn't bode well for their customers...
              Practical Perfectionist

Comment

too bad i thought it would be better than the PC
                Patrick Yu
                2003 Honda Accord
                2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Thanks Joe for trying it out!!. Glad I bought the PC instead.
                  MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

Looks like I uploaded pics of my kid and for some weird reason they replaced the DA pictures-

you still get the idea though - PC/G100 wins!
                    Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Yeah I just saw this thread, and the pics of your kid confused me. Made me wonder if you were somehow trying to show her off instead of the buffer---she sure is cute. LOL.

Richrad

Looks like I uploaded pics of my kid and for some weird reason they replaced the DA pictures-

you still get the idea though - PC/G100 wins!
                      Richard Lin
                      ShowCarDetailing
                      5548 E. La Palma Ave
                      Anaheim, CA 92807
                      toll free: 866 707 9292

Comment

I uploaded the pics as pic 1, pic 2 and so on. I did the same with my little girl pics and it overwrote the first set of DA pics. SORRY.

Comment

That's ok Joe. I was being sarcastic--thus the smiley (edit..oops no smiley just a LOL) . What's important is the story and the final conclusion! Thanks for taking the time to post your opinions on this. I know a lot of people have been wondering about this.

Thanks!!

Richard

I uploaded the pics as pic 1, pic 2 and so on. I did the same with my little girl pics and it overwrote the first set of DA pics. SORRY.
                          Richard Lin
                          ShowCarDetailing
                          5548 E. La Palma Ave
                          Anaheim, CA 92807
                          toll free: 866 707 9292

Comment

UPDATE: I am retuening the polisher to Girots.

I decided no to keep it.

They have a 100% satisfaction or send back return policy.

I am sending it back for a full refund. You can't beat great customer service like that!!!

Comment

Re: I think I like it !!

You know I sent that machine back over a year 1/2 later from my purchase date and they took it back. Nice company.

Comment

Re: I think I like it !!

Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post
                                You know I sent that machine back over a year 1/2 later from my purchase date and they took it back. Nice company.
                                It is definitely something very rare nowadays.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');