• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aggressiveness Order for New Consumer Products - This will surprise you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aggressiveness Order for New Consumer Products - This will surprise you!

Get some SwirlX and and M205 are both cleaner/polishes that use our new SMA Technology. SwirlX is more aggressive than M205 but both will finish out very very nice and are easy to work with.

Pick one and take it for a test drive!

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I am very shocked at the order of aggression of these new products

I really am having a hard time waiting for Swirl X and Ultimate Compound to make its way in stores over on my end.

There are so many options i have to choose from the next time i need to purchase a paint cleaner or polish.

Here are my options:

M80
      Swirl X
      Ultimate Compound
      M205

would be nice If i could buy them all
      Nick
      Tucker's Detailing Services
      815-954-0773
      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

the previous generation of polishes contained diminishing abrasives.... which I interpreted that the abrasives get smaller and smaller the longer the product is worked. And that the product had to be worked fully to get the desired result. And if not worked completely, may leave the paint in worse shape than what it was to begin with.

A question about these new products: do they also have to be worked completely? i.e. if I wipe it off prematurely, will the paint look hazy, or will it look ok only that the defects may not be completely removed?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by nonsensez9 View Post
          the previous generation of polishes contained diminishing abrasives.... which I interpreted that the abrasives get smaller and smaller the longer the product is worked. And that the product had to be worked fully to get the desired result. And if not worked completely, may leave the paint in worse shape than what it was to begin with.
          Not working a diminishing abrasive product till the abrasives are completely broken down will not leave the paint in worse shape than when you started assuming the reason you're using the product in the first place is because the paint has defects in the paint that you're trying to remove. It can leave swirls because the abrasives haven't been completely broken down but these are usually light and less shallow than the defects you're trying to remove, so that's not worse.

Make sense?

A question about these new products: do they also have to be worked completely? i.e. if I wipe it off prematurely, will the paint look hazy, or will it look ok only that the defects may not be completely removed?

thanks
          This is the cool thing about this new product, you only need to work the product till the defects are removed, then stop and wipe the excess product off and move onto the next step.

It's really something you need to spend some time in the garage working on your car to appreciate especially if you're used to using diminishing abrasive products.

The first time I saw a car compounded with M105 AND NOTHING ELSE I thought the car had just been waxed it looked that good.

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post

This is the cool thing about this new product, you only need to work the product till the defects are removed, then stop and wipe the excess product off and move onto the next step.

It's really something you need to spend some time in the garage working on your car to appreciate especially if you're used to using diminishing abrasive products.

The first time I saw a car compounded with M105 AND NOTHING ELSE I thought the car had just been waxed it looked that good.

That's really cool. I don't even have to spend the time in a garage to appreciate it I don't imagine they can be used in direct sunlight?? Lastly, any idea when they might be available in Canada?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by nonsensez9
              I don't imagine they can be used in direct sunlight??
              Define direct sunlight?
              1. Full sun at noon in Arizona in August on a black car?
              2. Or a cool day in the winter outside at 10:00am in Ontario, Canada?

People always use the term full sun when describing a product or a feature they're looking for but that's a pretty broad spectrum of temperatures and conditions.

Check out the pictures in the below thread and note that while it was posted on June 2nd, the pictures were taken in May at approximately 10:00am in the MORNING and the black paint was already 168 degrees!

While it's a romantic idea to be able to work in FULL SUN, if the surface is too warm and even hot your product is going to under-perform because it's going to try to dry before you can effectively work it.

Working in the sun? How HOT does your car's paint get?

Black - 168 degrees

Just to point out... even if a product can be used in full sun on a HOT surface, wouldn't it work better on a cool surface in the shade?

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Define direct sunlight?
                1. Full sun at noon in Arizona in August on a black car?
                2. Or a cool day in the winter outside at 10:00am in Ontario, Canada?

both

Comment

both
                  Paint care products should be used on a cool surface. So avoid working on warm/hot surfaces in direct sunlight.

If you can find non-Meguiar's products that work great on hot black surface in direct sunlight in Arizona at noon in August then we would recommend you use these products.

If you like it, then you obviously like how it applies and removes and it looks good in your eyes, if you use it often your car's paint will always look new because it's only when paint is neglected that it goes down hill.

Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I agree. It's so obvious that you just shouldn't apply these products in sun, unless very little of it, like sometimes the back end of my car will be in the sun while I'm working for 5 minutes, so I just do that area first.

I think you can tell, even with the sun ok products, that the results aren't ever as good, when under a sunlight that is heating the paint.

So I just say use the shade.

Comment

Lastly, any idea when they might be available in Canada?

thanks
                      Check this thread out...

2009 New Products Availability

Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

wow, great post... now i know what to look for :]
                        thx
                        Ganesa,
                        Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

Since we introduced these 3 new swirl and scratch removers in our Consumer Line and our new M205 Ultra Finishing Polish in our Professional line, many people have asked how aggressive these new products are as compared to some of our existing products that our forum members are already familiar with to help them understand the cleaning and/or abrading ability of these new products I've listed them in order of most aggressive to least aggressive reading from left to right.

(Apologies ahead of time if you have to horizontal scroll)

Most aggressive to least aggressive -->

That would be from most to least aggressive,
                          • M105 Ultra Cut Compound
                          • Ultimate Compound
                          • ScratchX 2.0
                          • SwirlX
                          • M83 Dual Action Cleaner Polish
                          • M205 Ultra Finishing Polish - M80 Speed Glaze (Different types of abrasives but close in cut ability)
                          • ScratchX (Current Version being discontinued)

NOTE: M205 is specifically formulated and intended to be used with a rotary buffer on fresh paint after the initial cut is made using M105 Ultra Cut Compound. When M105 is used correctly, they may only be some fine swirls left in the paint and this is what M205 is designed to remove. This is our new M105/M205 Tag Team primarily targeted at body shops where technicians are sanding and buffing fresh paint. Of course we know the detailing industry as well as the enthusiast segment of the car hobby will also use these products so we just want to set the record straight as to what these two products are intended to do and who they are primarily target towards.

After seeing these products in this order some of you will want to know how some of these products can be more aggressive than our M83 DACP and yet still finish out like a fine finishing polish and the answer lies with our new super micro abrasive technology.

Please remember that this is a relative comparison assuming all other factors are the same, for example if all products were applied with the same machine, same speed setting, same downward pressure, same buffing cycle, (length of time product is buffed), same paint panel, same temperature, etc.

Product aggressiveness is just one factor that will affect how aggressive your defect removal process will be as all the above listed factors can and will change the aggressiveness of any product and thus your results.

The next question someone is going to ask is where our other Pro products like M95, M86, M85, M84, M01, M02, M04, M80, M82, M09, M66, D151 will fit into the order of aggressiveness and we're not going post a scale like that because it's just too much like comparing apples to oranges.

While some of you reading this understand Meguiar's has been primarily a supplier to the body shop industry since 1901 and we didn't start making car wax and car wash type product for "enthusiasts/car owners" until starting in 1973, many people that discover our forum don't know this and have know knowledge of the different needs a body shop will have for a product to work on paint sprayed within a day or two versus what Joe Consumer wants and needs to work on his factory baked-on paint in his garage.

The above scale should be more than enough to help you understand the abilities of these products but at the end of the day the best thing to do is to wait till these products become available and then start using them yourself and dial in your own product recipe for the car's you're working on and maintaining.

Thanks for understanding...

Hi Mike, I know that M67 One Step Compound is not design for cars but where is it fall under in the aggressivenss scale.

Comment

very interesting ....consumer line coming out with some aggressive new products

Comment

Hello!

I am just a little confused..

Is Mirror Glaze considered a "Consumer Product" ?

I am a newbie, and have never detailed a car before by myself. Will it be okay if I start using it?

Can we find #105 and #205 at Autozone or Walmart ?

I think I can read the word "Professional" printed in the M.G. bottles.

Thank you in advance.

Comment

No, the Mirror Glaze line is considered the "Professional Line".

You may find some Mirror Glaze product at Pep Boys, Autozone, etc, but probably not #105/#205.

SwirlX and UC would be somewhat equivalent to #205 and #105 if you cant find them by you, and dont want to order online.

Will you be working by hand, DA, etc? It would not be a problem to use Mirror Glaze products, but you do want to match up what you are using with what you are trying to accomplish. Many of us will mix and match across all the product lines.
                                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');