• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aggressiveness Order for New Consumer Products - This will surprise you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aggressiveness Order for New Consumer Products - This will surprise you!

Originally posted by dedonderosa View Post
    wouldnt u wanna use m205 on a da with a polising pad over a finishing pad to remove defects ??????
    Depends upon what you're trying to do.

How aggressive or how gentle ANY PROCESS is depends not just on the chemical you use but also your application material and method of application, (hand or machine and type of machine), downward pressure or lack-thereof and time.

When it comes to the term Application Material this can by whatever it is you're using to apply and work the product, for example if you're using a wool cutting pad on a rotary buffer the wool pad is your application material. If you're using a a finishing pad on a DA then the finishing pad is your application material. If you're apply a pure wax with your bare hand then your skin is your application material.

Use a more aggressive pad and you'll make the product more aggressive, use a less aggressive pad and you'll make the product less aggressive.

Make sense?

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
      mike or anyone else, i apologize ahead of time if it's already been answered, but where does M105 fit in with these?

Comment

Originally posted by imacarnut View Post
        mike or anyone else, i apologize ahead of time if it's already been answered, but where does M105 fit in with these?
        It would be more aggressive than Ultimate Compound. I'm not sure by how much though.

Mike
        Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Mikejl View Post
          I'm not sure by how much though.
          that's what I would like to know

Comment

i dont think Ultimate Compound will be nearly as agressive as M105 because its in the consumer line but i am not doubting that Ultimate Compound still has a good amount of cleaning power ad will probably be a good product
            Nick
            Tucker's Detailing Services
            815-954-0773
            2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

A comparative review of M105 and Ultimate Compound would certainly be a helpful contribution to the forum (hint, hint).
              Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
              --Al Kimel

Comment

Mike, How can swirlx be more aggressive than dacp when on the product description it states it is non-abrasive?

Comment

They are non abrasive in that they dont leave marks behind like an abrasive sand paper or old fashioned compound.

Its a little marketing talk...
                  2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Should Ultimate Compound be followed by something before waxing?

Comment

Originally posted by mb911 View Post
                      Should Ultimate Compound be followed by something before waxing?
                      It depends on the paint finish. On some vechiles you can go straight to LSP, on others you may have to use a less agressive product such as Swirlx and then you would probably be able to go to LSP

Nick
                      815-954-0773

Comment

Quick question:

How much more agressive is SwirlX than Color X
                        Nick
                        815-954-0773

Comment

If SwirlX is replacing DC1, it cant be that strong.... but this is a different way of applying products as well.

You only need to apply SwirlX as strongly or weakly as you need to, whereas ColorX or DCa you would work to break down.
                          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                            If SwirlX is replacing DC1, it cant be that strong.... but this is a different way of applying products as well.
                            I don't think SwirlX is replacing DC1. DC1 is a mild chemical polish, while SwirlX is more agressive than #83.

You only need to apply SwirlX as strongly or weakly as you need to, whereas ColorX or DC1 you would work to break down.
                            Both ColorX and DC1 are quite mild by comparison. I would guess that ColorX and DC1 follow ScratchX v1 in that order of mildness, with DC1 being the most gentle of all.
                            Paul Marmarinos
                            Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
                            "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

Well Ultimate Compound multiple passes and applications didn't remove flaws in my brand new car's finish. Hard paint I guess.

Is the new M105 DA safe more aggressive than Ultimate Compound? I hope so! I want these defects gone.

Comment

I have not been on the forum for a while and am happy to see all the new products.

Currently on my black car i use 83 when needed, followed by 80 and then a needed follow up with 82 or M66 with a finishing pad. Would any of the new consumer or pro products do the same with fewer steps? I really like the 80, 82, NXT2.0 combo but would enjoy a quicker process. I use a PC.

Thanks

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');