• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1989 Mustang Pink to Red (yes, another Mustang!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1989 Mustang Pink to Red (yes, another Mustang!)

SWEET!
    The only reason some people get lost in thought... is because it is unfamiliar territory for them.
    --VoicesInMyHead--
    0101011101100101001000000100000101110010011001010010000001000111011001010110010101101011

Comment

Wow Jeff!!! That's amazing work!!! Looks like a brand new paint job!!!
      2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Thanks for the kind words guys. I'll try and get some full sun shots on my lunch break today. This Mustang will be heading to Canada soon.

Comment

Originally posted by kerrinjeff View Post

Thanks! I just finished 151 on half the car and it looks amazing!

I can't believe how good 151 is.
          That's the word that best describes our new M151 and our M105, both are top gun products.

Compared to working on cars with clear coats, which type of paint do find more fun to work on? Single Stage or Clear Coat?

Also, if you have not applied a pure polish yet then you might consider that as single stage paints react very well to Meguiar's pure polishes and products like M80 which is also very rich in the same types of polishing oils found in the pure polishes.

Good save!

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
            That's the word that best describes our new M151 and our M105, both are top gun products.

Compared to working on cars with clear coats, which type of paint do find more fun to work on? Single Stage or Clear Coat?

Also, if you have not applied a pure polish yet then you might consider that as single stage paints react very well to Meguiar's pure polishes and products like M80 which is also very rich in the same types of polishing oils found in the pure polishes.

Good save!

Mike, without a doubt single stage

I forgot to mention my process for the hood:

Unigrit 1500
            Unigrit 2000
            Unigrit 2500

M105 on a Solo maroon wool pad @ 1500
            M105 on a purple foamed wool @ 1200
            M83 LC orange pad @1200 (getting ready to order the new soft buff 2.0 pads)
            M80 LC green pad @1000
            NxT on the PC

The M80 definitely added a boost in color and depth.

It was really cool to watch the paint brighten up with each step starting with the M105, then 83, then 80 really made it pop!

All things considered, you just can't beat the Meguiar's products

Thanks !

Comment

OK Folks, some final pictures to close out this project.

The interior was the nastiest I'd ever worked on. I could have spent another 10 hours on it easy, but I had to settle for making it habitable by humans once again since I have other projects waiting.

Before:

After:

Rear passenger area before:

After:

Now for the Hood/Paint

And that's all folks! The fat lady has sung! She's off to Canada next week to my good friend who will undoubtedly tear her down to nothing and rebuild a beautifully restored fox.

Comment

The only reason some people get lost in thought... is because it is unfamiliar territory for them.
                --VoicesInMyHead--
                0101011101100101001000000100000101110010011001010010000001000111011001010110010101101011

Comment

So wait for any oxidized paint M105 with a purple wool pad does the trick?

Comment

Originally posted by Racersky View Post
                    So wait for any oxidized paint M105 with a purple wool pad does the trick?
                    In most cases M105 and a wool pad will be the most powerful combination to remove oxidation, short of wetsanding. However, keep in mind that each paint is it's own animal and may react differently to different products.

That's why test spots are so important. Least aggressive to most aggressive testing will find the best combo for the paint you are working on

I've worked on paint that was hazed by foam pads but loved wool pads for final polishing, so you never know, but you can only find out through testing.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');