• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1989 Mustang Pink to Red (yes, another Mustang!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 Mustang Pink to Red (yes, another Mustang!)

I picked up this Mustang for a good friend of mine in Canada. Needs alot of work, but not a bad buy for $500 It'll be shipped out within a few weeks.

I decided this would make some excellent portfolio material, so I will be restoring the paint this weekend. Here's what we're starting with after a good washing and claying. Lots of oxidation and pink paint:

Here's some 50/50 shots of the hood after M105/purple foamed wool on the Rotary at 1500 rpm followed by D151 on a polishing pad at 1200 rpm:

ON the polished side you can see clouds reflecting off of the hood (those aren't defects)

Lots more to come over the weekend, so stay tuned!

Re: 1989 Mustang Pink to Red (yes, another Mustang!)

What side is before and what side is after?

Just teasing! Looks like your off to a great start.
    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
      What side is before and what side is after?

Just teasing! Looks like your off to a great start.
      Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by kerrinjeff View Post
        I picked up this Mustang for a good friend of mine in Canada.

Lots more to come over the weekend, so stay tuned!
        I'm sensing some kind of pattern...

LOL! Nice find for $500! I like the 50/50 shots! As a beginner to machine detailing, it really puts into perspective what is possible. I think the wife is working Sat & Sun, so I may not be able to head out and see the new stang... I'll lhave to see what the grandma's are doing...........
        The only reason some people get lost in thought... is because it is unfamiliar territory for them.
        --VoicesInMyHead--
        0101011101100101001000000100000101110010011001010010000001000111011001010110010101101011

Comment

Originally posted by VoicesInMyHead View Post
          I'm sensing some kind of pattern...

LOL! Nice find for $500! I like the 50/50 shots! As a beginner to machine detailing, it really puts into perspective what is possible. I think the wife is working Sat & Sun, so I may not be able to head out and see the new stang... I'll lhave to see what the grandma's are doing...........
          You'll have a rotary before long and will be breaking into your neighbors garages to detail their cars, just like me LOL!

Comment

Jeff,
            Looks fantastic! I guess we'll be busy this weekend!!!
            The power of the flex compells you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by audionutmike View Post
              Jeff,
              Looks fantastic! I guess we'll be busy this weekend!!!

Whaddaya mean? We're only working on 3 cars

Comment

It's looking great!

Comment

Originally posted by kerrinjeff View Post
                  You'll have a rotary before long and will be breaking into your neighbors garages to detail their cars, just like me LOL!
                  I almost lost my cookies lauging so hard. LMRO

Great job so far on that old 'Stang

I could see the headlines....

Associated Press:Earth

A man only known as Kerrinjeff has been arrested inside his neighbors garage. He was not there to burglarize the house, nor was he there to vandalize the house. He was only armed with a rotary polisher and polish. He had no explanation for it only that he needed to do it and couldn't take it anymore. He was asked if wanted to be represented by an attorney, he commented, that he wants to be represented by Meguiar's. A strange story indeed. Many people outside of the jail have picketed for KJ to be released and those people have strange names, maybe screen names holding up picket signs and holding rotary buffers, threatening that they will use them if he is not freed. A court proceeding will take place in an undisclosed courthouse.

Story to continue.
                  Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Originally posted by Nappers View Post
                    I almost lost my cookies lauging so hard. LMRO

Great job so far on that old 'Stang

I could see the headlines....

Associated Press:Earth

A man only known as Kerrinjeff has been arrested inside his neighbors garage. He was not there to burglarize the house, nor was he there to vandalize the house. He was only armed with a rotary polisher and polish. He had no explanation for it only that he needed to do it and couldn't take it anymore. He was asked if wanted to be represented by an attorney, he commented, that he wants to be represented by Meguiar's. A strange story indeed. Many people outside of the jail have picketed for KJ to be released and those people have strange names, maybe screen names holding up picket signs and holding rotary buffers, threatening that they will use them if he is not freed. A court proceeding will take place in an undisclosed courthouse.

Story to continue.

Still laughing !!!!

Comment

I just about lost my cookies reading your post Nappers!

Mmmmm cookies!
                      Scott

Comment

Actually I'd ask to be represented by Mike Phillips and would plead not guilty due to the fact that the car looked fabulous

Comment

This is too good. Nappers your cracking me up This is good.

Kerrinjeff

The mustang is looking great. Incredible results on the 50/50 pics. Can't wait to see the finished results. Great job.
                          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Great job, your friend should be happy!

please keep up updated, as I am curious how it will end up looking.

-nick
                            Luck is probability taken personally!

Comment

Looks great

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');