• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's Online at Meguiar's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiar's Online at Meguiar's!

Open Class for Meguiar's Online Members!

On October 15, 2005 Meguiar's will proudly host a hands-on detailing class for members of Meguiar's Online here at Meguiar's Corporate offices in Irvine, CA.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Everyone is ready to have fun!

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

We had plenty of people offer their cars for the demo car but in the end we chose the Honda Del Sol because in a word, the finish was horrific!

First we all worked together to wash the car and get it clean.

Then we backed the clean car out into the sun to insect the finish with our eyes...

This little girl's name is Trinity, and throughout the entire day she was always willing to demonstrate proper technique for the rest of the class to watch and learn!

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Everyone gets to have fun at Meguiar's!

What are they looking at?

Before and after side-by-side

Finished!

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

It's time to close down Meguiar's Garage and head home, I'll try to post some more pictures later tonight after I get home and get back online.

A big thank you to everyone that attended today, you we're a fun and enthusiastic class to work with and we had a great time having you at Meguiar's!

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Hmmm......Looks like all that car detailing wore somebody out!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Great work on the Honda guys!
            r. b.

Comment

What a great day!!

Mike -

That was one of the best learning experiences I've had in quite some time! I'm the guy with the white BMW 5-series that was "begging" to choose my car for the demo. Well, I certainly learned lots from practicing on the black Honda Del Sol.

I couldn't wait to get some of the products mailed so on my way home from the class, I stopped at my local auto parts place and paid a rather gouged price (compared to what was offered today) for a clay-bar kit. I've had some sample packets of Scratch-X sitting around from a BMW show about two years ago but I had always thought it was for "scratches" only. What an eye-opener that demo was!

When I got home, I did the clay bar on the hood and noticed some big improvements...BUT...that Scratch-X stuff is awesome! It took a noticeable layer of crud off each patch I worked on. It seemed like the clay bar was a waste of time compared to the results gained with Scratch-X.

Question: Why bother with the clay bar when I can get right into some super noticable results with the Scratch-X?

Thanks again for a terrific day. bow

John

p.s. pizza was awesome too!:

Comment

Looks like you remodled the class room
                Chopped 55 Suburban
                99 3.0 CL
                Family cars:
                1958 Eldo Biarrittz Vert
                48 Merc Woody - a true sleeper
                New project: 67 Sunbeam Tiger
                Newest project: 66 Mustang Vert

Comment

Mike,

My gf and I had a great time. You're a top notch host. Meguiar has a real asset in you and your team.

I tried looking up info on the Cyclone device, but can't find anything on it. Anyone have any URL references?

Also, in making a buying decision, I'm trying to understand the advantage/disadvantage of the Meguiar Dual Action Polisher versus a plain vanilla 7" Variable Speed Polisher you can buy at a hardware store. Can someone clarify?

Comment

To Mike and other Meguiar's staff,

Thanks for an awesome day!!!!!!! All I can say is "Brain Overload"

Troy

Comment

Re: What a great day!!

Originally posted by John SCB
                      …Question: Why bother with the clay bar when I can get right into some super noticable results with the Scratch-X? …
                      Different contaminants respond better to one or the other. I recently had a good example myself.

I found a small scuff in the paint on the back of one of our cars. I grabbed the ScratchX, which quickly removed the offending defect. While working the scratch I noticed a small speck, a bonded contaminant, next to the scuff. Since I had the ScratchX in my hand anyway I rubbed the speck. Nothing. I rubbed it again. Still nothing, the speck just sat there laughing at me.

Now I’m not knocking ScratchX, I love it, use it all the time. It was certainly strong enough to remove the scratch but that piece of whatever-it-was was too hard for the ScratchX to grind down quickly and the chemical cleaning action didn’t release it.

I’m sure that if I had worked the ScratchX longer and harder the thing would have eventually come off but why bother?

A small clump of clay, a spritz of #34 and one light swipe, speck gone. Easy.

PC.

Comment

Even after have had attended two NXT Tech classes and various other Meguiars classes, I found todays "basic" class very enjoyable!

I met allot of very nice people and had a great time.

Trinity is a doll!!
                        Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Originally posted by vectorz
                          I tried looking up info on the Cyclone device, but can't find anything on it. Anyone have any URL references?
                          1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
                          2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
                          1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

Re: Re: What a great day!!

Originally posted by the other pc
                            Different contaminants respond better to one or the other.
                            Thanks PC, good explanation. Today I get to finish the rest of the car. I'll try going directly with Scratch-X on the trunk and compare results. Maybe the clay will have to be done anyway...whatever makes it look good!

Comment

Hi Mike

I really learned a lot from you yesterday. You really are an asset to Meguiar's.

I am signed up for the Nov 12 Prius class and will be out of town that weekend so I'm glad I got the chance to attend this class. Would you please cancel me out for the Novemeber 12 class so that someone else gets a chance to attend.

Best regards,

Al Tollhouse

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');