• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Look at what other's say about NXT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
    As you pointed out George, prep work before the application of any wax is what's going to make the difference between mediocre results and Wow results. After that, then some waxes will build on your previous results and some won't have much affect.
    I've always told the skeptics that come to me wanting their cars detailed, but don't want to pay for anything other than a wax job (generally the ones who say "What difference does polishing make? All you really gotta do is wax it...") that 90% of what makes the results I get happen is from the preparatory steps. The wax can't remove any defects, all it does is seal them onto/into the surface.

Additionally, I've always said you could hand me literally any dollar-store carnauba wax, and as long as I get to choose and use the prep products of my choice, I can make it look just as good as a finish wearing the highest-end boutique products like Pinnacle Souveran or the Zymol estate waxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
      Hi Tom,

I kind of sliced-out a few statements in you post as I think you've hit the nail on the head.
      Mike, sometimes when I start writing, I continue thinking about the meaning of what I wrote. And I considered that I'd written that people can get results with a wide range of products, not just Meguiar's. And considering that I'm writing that in Meguiar's own forum, I felt it was important to point out the overriding reasons that I personally choose Meguiar's products, even when I can get excellent results from other products.

Just thinking the whole thing through to the end, I guess.

Tom
      As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

The reasons I use mainly Meguiars are simple: Low cost, Availability, There's a product for just about every conceivable finish care need, and last but NOT least, MOL.

There are discussions here, some deep, some light hearted and some fairly heated, but there are no wars here. It's not just because Mike & the Mods don't allow them, it's because (I like to think) there is a higher class of people here that are concerned about one thing...making cars look good.

The "what" is never much of an issue, although understandably, Mike prefers to steer people towards the Meguiars product that would best suit their needs (after all, it is Meguiars that feeds his family). Here it the "how" is more important than the 'what.' Method over product, and 99.9% of the people here understand that and respect the opinions and choices of others...
        Don
        12/27/2015
        "Darth Camaro"
        2013 Camaro ... triple black
        323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Originally posted by Don
          There are discussions here, some deep, some light hearted and some fairly heated, but there are no wars here. It's not just because Mike & the Mods don't allow them, it's because (I like to think) there is a higher class of people here that are concerned about one thing...making cars look good.

Like I said before I've been on plenty of forums, and there is one universal constant among almost all of them: If you have an opinon, no matter how benign, there will always be someone to flame you for it. Even simple little things. Sometimes I think there are people who flame just to flame. It's very annoying.

Why I think this forum works, in addition to what was stated above, is that we have a very specific focus. In my experience with online forums, I've found that the broader the topic area, the more chance for flames. At this forum, we already have a common set of interests:

- We all love cars
          - We all love making our cars look good
          - We all love Meg's products

That really focuses the discussion area, and the chance for people to butt heads isn't very high. Now, if this were a detailing forum and not a Megs forum, with no specific product focus, then there would be the chance for people to butt heads over products brands.

If this were a car forum, and not just about detailing, then you'd have the chance for people to butt heads over Ford vs Chevy, Import vs Domestic, etc.

When you have a narrow focus group like we do here, and the high quality people we have here, it makes for a very good forum environment.

Now if only I could just shut up, eh?

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');