• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Look at what other's say about NXT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look at what other's say about NXT!

Bunch of haters.
    Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
    Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

I agree!!!!!!

Comment

Some of the best work I have ever seen has been with either #21 or NXT or #26!!!!

Comment

"You can buy that wax at Pep Boys, so it *****!"

"You mean that jar of wax didn't cost $75? Its no good."
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are not direct quotes from anything, but they may as well be. Threads like that show that many people on forums share these sort of mentalities. These stubborn people can be just as annoying to deal with as the thickheaded guys that tell you its OK to use household cleaners on your car. I find its usually best to just let them believe what they're going to believe...

Comment

kpagel. I have tried to tell people, both friends and strangers what to use and what not to use on their cars. But they usually don't care and don't want to listen. So I don't do it anymore. If they don't care, I won't either.

Comment

I found the NXT to work really well. I think those people are a bit crazy. I mean you are definitely right about people thinking that a wax must cost $$ to be good.
              2000 Nissan Maxima
              2005 Nissan Xterra

Comment

As you pointed out George, prep work before the application of any wax is what's going to make the difference between mediocre results and Wow results. After that, then some waxes will build on your previous results and some won't have much affect.

NXT Tech Wax will typically build on the results you've previously achieved. It produces a clear, high gloss finish and helps to eliminate fine swirls and scratches.

Does is last forever? No. No wax does, in fact wax is meant to be replaced, that's why we refer to it as a sacrificial barrier coating. It gives up itself so your paint doesn't have to.

From my experience conduction training classes starting in 1988 in Oregon, Washington and Idaho, and then here at the Corporate office since 2002, from the appearance quality of the majority of the cars brought to our clinics, I would say that a majority of the enthusiasts in the world struggle with the prep portion of preparing a finish for wax.

Another way of saying this is that a majority of the cars brought to our Saturday Detailing Classes don't look good. And these people tend to be serous enthusiasts. It all comes down to education and training in the art of polishing paint, it's hard to find good, reliable, time-proven information on surface care.

It's pretty easy to post negative things on the Internet when you're hiding behind a monitor and a keyboard, walking-the-talk is another ball game and best played in person where others can see the actual results a person is referring to.

I think we've had members of this forum here before? If not, because this appears to be a fairly active forum, perhaps we could coordinate a detailing class for the SoCal members of this forum?

Regardless if a few members prefer other waxes over NXT, we find that the vast majority of people that attend our classes enjoy and appreciate the training and education on a wide variety of topics, not just applying the LSP.

In the next day or two I'll be filling in the 2006 calendar with car clubs that have already requested dates... but there is still plenty of Saturdays available at this point for 2006
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I have an observation to make.

I've found that people tend to get caught up in this stuff the same way they get caught up with football teams, baseball teams, colleges, car makes, and everything else similar; XBox vs Playstation. And this wax vs. that wax.

It's like residual tribalism or something. There's nothing you can do about it, except like Mike says, sometimes in person.

I think we can all agree that most waxes work, regardless of who manufactures them, regardless of whether they are natural or synthetic. Some look better than others, some last longer than others, some are more expensive and some are cheap. Some are easy to use and some take a bit of effort. But they all work. Nu Finish works. 5-Star works. Zaino works. NXT works.

But some people have chosen "choice of car wax" to define themselves. There ain't no talking to them. There ain't no showing them. Why? Because it isn't about the shiny car. It's about the tribe. I have my saying about this: "In the end, the car either shines or it doesn't shine. Everything else is posturing." These people are posturing.

Some companies put their products on the market and collect the money. And some companies put their product on the market, provide clinics at their home office and all over the country, have help lines open on weekends, provide internet forums to discuss issues, offer money back guarantees, produce TV shows about cars, and take the time to meet their customers online, over the phone, and personally... and of course collect the money.

I use Meguiar's, but not because I think that no one can get great results if they don't use all Meguiar's products. That's silly. You can go to any one of thousands of cars where people have used Zaino, or Pinnacle, or Klasse, or anything else you want to name, and the car shines. Of course, I do get great results from Meguiar's. I sometimes get a laugh out of reading people disparaging a product, because I can go to the window. Yep; the car's shining, and they're posturing. But mostly I don't care. If posturing makes them happy, then hey; I'm in favor of happiness.

I use Meguiar's because of all the things they do for me ABOVE AND BEYOND selling car wax. Anyone can sell a car wax. Meguiar's SUPPORTS me in my hobby, and through that in my life. And if someone else is satisfied with a tribal identity, my world is still the same.

Tom
                  As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

here in the UK meguiars is fairly new and only now starting to pick up a good following,

before this there was Autoglym and Turtle wax and everyone used AG, my grandad used it, my dad used it and naturally i used it. but ever since i saw the Meguiars Honda Integra a few years ago i had to try it and have never looked back.

i now recommend it to anyone i know who loves their car, unfortunatly not that many people i know do

the one thing i have noticed is that alot of people become complacent and dont like change, thats why they wont try something new and bad mouth it, even though they havent tried it.

on MOL UK we recently had someone join up and tell someone their hard work and GC finish was cr** and they wouldnt get it any better unless they used AG. this person reckoned they had tried Megs stuff and it was sh**,

after being banned from the forum( it got vey abusive in the end) and the thread deleted this person had a chance to reflect on his words and has recently spent over £100 on Megs products and now spreads the word

i've found the best way to introduce people to Megs without forcing it down their throat is to recommend the clay, i did this a while ago with a work mate and he didnt stop talking about it for two days

Comment

Originally posted by Mosca
                      I have an observation to make.

It's like residual tribalism or something.

But some people have chosen "choice of car wax" to define themselves. There ain't no talking to them. There ain't no showing them. Why? Because it isn't about the shiny car. It's about the tribe.

I have my saying about this: "In the end, the car either shines or it doesn't shine. Everything else is posturing." These people are posturing.

Tom
                      Hi Tom,

I kind of sliced-out a few statements in you post as I think you've hit the nail on the head. Some people choose their wax because their choice defines them. It has less to do with the car and more to do with them. And it is indeed posturing for the sake of posturing. Kind of like how the farm Rooster flusters his feathers and struts his stuff in the barnyard for all the chickens and other animals to see.

That's why I always use the quote,

If you find a product you like, then apparently the results look good in your eyes, if you use it often, then your finish will always look great. It's only when you begin to neglect or abuse the finish that it goes down hill.

Years ago I finally tired of the Wax Wars mentality of some in the discussion forum world, it always reminds me of the old Bob Conrad Eveready Battery commercials in 1979 where he would place an Eveready battery on his shoulder and say,

"I dare you to knock this battery off my shoulder.

Robert Conrad - The Wild Wild West and Baa Baa Blacksheep

In the long run, it really comes down to personal preference, what works for you... That's why no one will ever win this type of war so arguing with someone is futile.

Kind of reminds me of my dad and myself, he likes Ford trucks and I like Chevy trucks, he likes Coke and I like Diet Pepsi... he's never going to convince me to buy a Ford Truck or drink Coke, and I'm certainly not going to try to convince him to purchase a Chevy Truck or drink diet pepsi...

It's kind of wearied to think that as advanced as we think we are, posting from our computers messages into a Cyber World, there still exists Tribalism

Just goes to show,

there is no new thing under the sun. - Ecclesiastes 1:9
                      Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike, preach on...

The process is more important than the product assuming you are using a good product.

If someone has a strong opinion about something, you rarely will change his or her mind.
                        Bama

Comment

To draw another parallel, care care products and music have a good deal in common. Did anyone stop listening to new music or buying new records because we fell in love with the Beatles or say, Nirvana (depending on your generation). And while Nirvana may have been your favorite band @ the time, depending on your mood, you probably had a rotation of cd's you listened to, even though for some reason, Nirvana was your favorite.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that each company / product or musician has its strong and weak points, but also its own place my collections.
                          I have learned to appreciate many things for many reasons, and variety is the spice of life!

Comment

Re: Look at what other's say about NXT!

I don't even have to click that link to know what to expect from it. I frequented that site for a few months before I finally gave up on it. You can probably guess why.

Internet forums can go either way. This particular forum is outstanding. Others aren't so outstanding. I have a few forums that I visit now, and I've chosen them carefully. This is one.

As far as the Megs products go, I think my results speak for themselves. Everytime I drive my car the results speak for themselves too. I don't need anyone else to tell me what I should and shouldn't be using.

Comment

Re: Re: Look at what other's say about NXT!

Originally posted by cydewaze
                              As far as the Megs products go, I think my results speak for themselves. Everytime I drive my car the results speak for themselves too. I don't need anyone else to tell me what I should and shouldn't be using.
                              Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                              Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');