• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is going on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is going on?

Its been getting slower and slower IMO. especially over the last 4-5 months.

There was another thread posted as well stating the exact same thing.

All of the action is mainly at Autopia now. There is a lot of good info there though.
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I'm relatively new to the forum and very grateful to the help and advice given by fellow members, but it is too easy to get the information from the site without being a member.
      Maybe allow three thread views before having to be a member to the site, as an option.

Are we trying to convert visitors into members or just want people to step out of the guest shadow and be known?

All I know is, I'll be around for a while yet.

Comment

I've been a member fpr 3 years. I also have noticed less activity. Could some of the other forums be growing and taking away from this one?
        2011 Ford Mustang GT Cali Special
        2012 Kia Sorento EX

Comment

I can certainly understand why, given that this forum is centered around one brand of products. While I consider this to be my "home" forum for detailing (and the vast majority of products I use are Meg's), I spend a lot of time over at AG. It's a more active forum, and I tend to learn about a wider variety of products there than I would if I never strayed from MOL.

Comment

While I rarely post on MOL anymore (last post before this one was on August 22nd), I do check MOL once or twice a day, just to keep up with what's going on. I don't usually log in though. I spend most of my time on Autogeek's forum - seems like there's a lot more activity and information there (especially with Mike Phillips being primarily active on Autogeek). I will definitely be keeping a close eye on MOL though as SEMA gets closer. Looking forward to seeing what Meguiar's will come up with for 2012.
            Shane
            1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

SEMA 2011 and Meguiar's 2012 Product announcement are just around the corner.

Mike will be super busy again explaining how to use new stuff.

Comment

I haven't logged into MOL in about 3 months and haven't posted for a while either. I'm a "weekend warrior" as opposed to a pro-detailer and one thing that sort of turned me off to the forum for a while was many people would always recommend pro-line items for solutions and a regiment that almost seemed too much to me.

I still keep a great looking car, but I'm at that 95% state (where my paint is 95% correct and I'm pretty content with that). I'll certainly stay tuned to the new products as I am always curious what is new and improved.
                "Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week." Jay-Z

Comment

I always browse here. I have not posted any write ups, because I have not had time to do any detailing. I plan to do a winter prop on my DD soon, so I will definitely post up some results.
                  -James
                  2012 Chevy Silverado ECSB. Z71 4x4. 5.3

Comment

OK SEMA is over so where is everyone?

Comment

I havent been very active myself lately. Though for me its really for a few reasons. One being that I am in college and being a senior Ive been really busy doing projects and such. Also, I studied this site for YEARS lol, and almost feel like I got to a point where there wasnt much more that I was learning from here or from other members IRL. So I sporadically check out the site to see if anything is new that I dont know about from Facebook, and see what is being discussed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark58 View Post
                        Is it me or something going on here? There is less and less posting going on here. Come on MEMBERS lets get little more active. I also see lot's of guests on here. There are more guests then Members. Yes I do know lot of them are "BOTS" but what can we do to get more members here and increase activity? I am sure someone here can get creative to increase traffic.

Just my observation in past few months.

There are currently 337 users online. 17 members and 320 guests

I've looked several times since reading your original post and the ratio of lurkers to members stays about the same, that in a nutshell is the problem.

Currently Active Users

There are currently 519 users online. 16 members and 503 guests

C'mon lurkers, register, it's free and easy. Then join in the conversation. We won't bite, I promise.
                        2014 Cadillac ATS4 Performance in White Diamond Tricoat. It's loaded with everything but frickin' lasers!

Comment

Most of the lurkers are Google Spiders and not real people,,,There are few that need to Join!

Comment

Im still on here every day, but I have noticed that activity has slowed right down the last few months.

Quite a few of the 'gurus' don't often visit here any more (Nick Chapman etc) so that may have something to do with it. I'm not sure why they're not visiting MOL much any more though..

This is still my 'go to' detailing forum and I plan to hang around - I just hope it gets a little more active around here!
                            Originally posted by Blueline
                            I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

I do notice the forum is slow for me at least. Wasn't sure if it was a problem with my laptop or not but the rest of the internet seems to work okay.
                              Scott

Comment

I have noticed the site slower as well. I try and check in when I can.
                                Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
                                www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
                                Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');