• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H.I.D install??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: H.I.D install??

I need to get my front windows done again too, thinking about it...

Comment

The Prius and many other newer vehicles come with HID's in Reflector Style housings, but they have way less glare than any halogen projector bowl. The only difference between the HID Projectors and Reflectors are that there is not a crisp cutoff line on the reflectors.
      Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Megafast13 View Post
        The Prius and many other newer vehicles come with HID's in Reflector Style housings, but they have way less glare than any halogen projector bowl. The only difference between the HID Projectors and Reflectors are that there is not a crisp cutoff line on the reflectors.
        In some random cars with projectors that are not aim properly they also glare.

Here in LA some dumb people add 8-12k hid's on there suv or truck, which blind you soo bad.
        '06 Honda Civic LX Coupe "Galaxy Gray"

Comment

Have you considered just going with a quality replacement bulb? Luminics makes some good bulbs with a good selection of colors. Or if you want to try the H.I.D. route on the cheap, go to DDM Tuning. When I was on the v6performance boards with my 99 Accord, people would order them and run them just like you want to do. $25-35 bucks, lots of color choice, lifetime warranty. Good deal if you ask me. I never ran them though.
          -Kyle

Comment

TYLER -
            Yes. i have ran the Luminics "Pure Blue". Got em off ebay for 30 bucks. They SUCKED!!! they were blue but didnt shoot light but about 15 feet! they sucked. My car is also equpied with DRL (Daytime running lights) that uses the main headlight bulb, but at a dimmer brightness (using low wattage). The luminics couldnt deal with the low watts and it burnt my whole wiring harness. $85 to fix it When i get HID's i will def be disabling the DRLs....

Comment

Originally posted by ziggo99 View Post
              Have you considered just going with a quality replacement bulb? Luminics makes some good bulbs with a good selection of colors. Or if you want to try the H.I.D. route on the cheap, go to DDM Tuning. When I was on the v6performance boards with my 99 Accord, people would order them and run them just like you want to do. $25-35 bucks, lots of color choice, lifetime warranty. Good deal if you ask me. I never ran them though.
              I also have DDM Tuning, cheap price great quality.

Originally posted by SX4DUDE2013 View Post
              TYLER -
              Yes. i have ran the Luminics "Pure Blue". Got em off ebay for 30 bucks. They SUCKED!!! they were blue but didnt shoot light but about 15 feet! they sucked. My car is also equpied with DRL (Daytime running lights) that uses the main headlight bulb, but at a dimmer brightness (using low wattage). The luminics couldnt deal with the low watts and it burnt my whole wiring harness. $85 to fix it When i get HID's i will def be disabling the DRLs....
              For the drl maybe you can remove the fuse. Thats what i did for my Civic no problem so far.
              '06 Honda Civic LX Coupe "Galaxy Gray"

Comment

If you have DRLs, I'm not sure how the HIDs would work out. I'd think you would have to disable the DRLs. As for blue headlight bulbs, as you now know, don't work.

Comment

yes. my first mod this summer will be removing the DRL wire from the BCM. yay! lol

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');