• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The name of the game is: You know you're car crazy when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The name of the game is: You know you're car crazy when...

Originally posted by sleepy View Post
    If you have your cars vin # tattoed on your arm.
    If you have drag raced for your sister's honor.
    In the emergency room the doctor asks what is your blood type and you reply 10W40.
    If your kitchen table has more grease on it than your engine.
    You might be car crazy if you have ever rebuit a transmition in your bath tub!

Now that's funny stuff!! How far is Meadville from Waynesville/Ft. Leonard Wood? I should have know this post came from the show-me-state

Comment

Originally posted by Calais View Post
      ... if you detail your car and pray for rain just to see the water sheet/bead off.
      LMAO

I actually did that for my dad's Tribeca.

After applying collinite 476s, I wanted to see the beading action. But nope, no rain whatsoever, just a bunch of dark clouds and a gloomy day.
      2006 San Remo Red WRX TR
      2005 Ford Ranger XLT

Detailers clean places nobody see. Detailer see's things nobody else see. But if you ask a Detailer to see how a dress looks on a woman, they are blind.

Comment

Originally posted by TimelessHonda View Post
        ...When you get questioned by the police as to why you are waxing your car at 2:40 in the morning.

True story!
        I believe it.

Though I've never actually been confronted, but while I was finishing waxing my fiancee's car one time at 1am, a patrol car flashed those big patrol lights on me. I was sure he'd stop and question me, but he just continued to drive away.
        2006 San Remo Red WRX TR
        2005 Ford Ranger XLT

Detailers clean places nobody see. Detailer see's things nobody else see. But if you ask a Detailer to see how a dress looks on a woman, they are blind.

Comment

Originally posted by RKN LS3 View Post
          Now that's funny stuff!! How far is Meadville from Waynesville/Ft. Leonard Wood? I should have know this post came from the show-me-state

I'm 3 1/2 hours northwest of ft.Leonard Wood. This is the type of stuff we get all the time around here. Unfortunately, most of it is true! My wife's Uncle got a trolling motor for his boat at Christmas. He could hardly wait to try it out. So he headed for the bathtub to try it out, one small problem, he wanted to try it out with his wife still in the bathtub!!!
          Sleepy

Love the Classics!

Comment

i sneak into the laundry room where i store my meguiars products, for a quick hit of the various scents of nxt/UQD/UQW

Comment

Originally posted by Caress Detailing View Post
              LMAO

I actually did that for my dad's Tribeca.

After applying collinite 476s, I wanted to see the beading action. But nope, no rain whatsoever, just a bunch of dark clouds and a gloomy day.
              I tried UQW for the first time the other day and now I'm patiently waiting until it rains so I can be proud of my paint's ability to repel water. I intend to outside with an umbrella and force passers-by to observe the water sheeting. When I actually do that then I think I will have officially gone from "car crazy" to stark, raving mad.
              James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
              Calais Auto Detailing
              CalaisDetails@aim.com
              www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

You know you're car crazy when you buy microfibre bedsheets

Comment

...your bedroom can look like a pig pen, but the car had damn well better be clean. Guilty!
                  Shane
                  1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Originally posted by sleepy View Post
                    I'm 3 1/2 hours northwest of ft.Leonard Wood. This is the type of stuff we get all the time around here. Unfortunately, most of it is true! My wife's Uncle got a trolling motor for his boat at Christmas. He could hardly wait to try it out. So he headed for the bathtub to try it out, one small problem, he wanted to try it out with his wife still in the bathtub!!!

Instant jacuzzi! Your wife's Uncle better be careful...his wife may put in a standing order for testing that thing!!...just to make sure it's running properly of course

Comment

u know ur car crazy when u try and decide which meguiars products will clean your crappy single stage red concrete mixer truck and try to imagine how well APC, APC+, Wheel Brightener etc. would work on that for cleaning wheels etc. Also try to figure out what would eat cured concrete off it aside from the 100% muratic acid they use currently!
                      Zach Hall

2001.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel - DD/Tow rig
                      1983 Chevy C10 - Race/Show rig
                      1939 Dodge D11 Luxury Liner Deluxe - Antique resto. project

Comment

Originally posted by Calais View Post
                        I tried UQW for the first time the other day and now I'm patiently waiting until it rains so I can be proud of my paint's ability to repel water. I intend to outside with an umbrella and force passers-by to observe the water sheeting. When I actually do that then I think I will have officially gone from "car crazy" to stark, raving mad.
                        I think we're all Car Crazy borderline stark raving mad. lol
                        2006 San Remo Red WRX TR
                        2005 Ford Ranger XLT

Comment

Originally posted by Bounty View Post
                          You know you're car crazy when the first thing you notice about an exotic like a Ferrari, Porsche, or Lamborghini is not the car or motor or rims but whether or not it has swirls in the paint...
                          this is so true haha.

You know your Car Crazy when a bird poops on your car and you frantically run to clean it off.
                          You know your Car Crazy when you visit your meguiars products just to shake them.

Comment

If you consider detailing a comunity service on some cars.

If leaving a fingerprint on paint or glass is a huge insult.

if you've ever threatenend a windshield cleaning crackhead. whoops! I mean homeless person.

If burnouts only mean a mess on the lower quarter panel.

If you absolutely CANNOT lend out any paste wax.
                            Last edited by dope92cc; Jul 29, 2009, 12:49 AM. Reason: Forgot one
                            Daily - 09 Chevrolet Colorado - Techno gray metallic
                            baby - 92 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - aged, yellowed, white.

Comment

If you want to stay home from vacation to clean your car

If you spend $300 on new tires just so they match, even though the take-offs were brand new

If you constantly check your car while at work to make sure nothing has got on it.

If you get to work 30 minutes early to reapply tire gel

If you have pictures of your car on your ipod so you can wheel through them while listening to music

If you look out the window every 15 minutes to see how good it looks

If it pisses you off when your neighbor cuts grass.

If you have more spare parts for your car lying around from being replaced, than you have on the car.

If you go to bed early so the time passes quickly so you can get up and detail.

If you drive under the speed limit to keep from getting to much dust on your car.

If you call in sick because it may rain and you just detailed your car.

If you use quick detailer just to smell it.

If you walk by cars going in stores and try to find the owner to tell them you will wash it for free.

If it takes you longer to walk into the store from your car, than you spend in the store.

Comment

I'm not sure if this makes me car crazy, but I'm taking apart my wire hubcaps to polish everything.
                                Daily - 09 Chevrolet Colorado - Techno gray metallic
                                baby - 92 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - aged, yellowed, white.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');