• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This guy needs MOL!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This guy needs MOL!!!

And there are guys from other brands laughing at the Meguiars users who "don't know any better"...
    It goes both ways! I was in another forum yesterday when someone asked a question about their m205 or something, and someone came in and said something to the effect of "It's because you're not using a premium product. Use xxxxx's products and you won't have this issue again."
    You see the logic (or lack thereof?) in that; everyone and every company thinks they have the best product and the best techniques . Bottom line, do what works for you!

The guy did remove the paint transfer!

Comment

Originally posted by CieraSL View Post

Ha-ha. I don't know what it is...but I love that smilie!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
        I am sure if he got his hands on some ScratchX or SwirlX or even Ultimate Compound he would be in good hands.

Yeah,but not wiping it with kitchen paper!

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie6th View Post
          Ha-ha. I don't know what it is...but I love that smilie!!!!
          That's the hiding smilie! He's cool!
          Shane
          1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

I had some plastic transfer on my yellow 72 El Camino, I used TW polishing compound and wet white paper towels to get it off the paint. The paint was not very good quality, but it looked better after I got the plastic off. But now I know what the proper technique is for a lot of this stuff is, thanks to MOL. And now I'm addicted to detailing.

Comment

Originally posted by brims View Post
              I had some plastic transfer on my yellow 72 El Camino, I used TW polishing compound and wet white paper towels to get it off the paint. The paint was not very good quality, but it looked better after I got the plastic off. But now I know what the proper technique is for a lot of this stuff is, thanks to MOL. And now I'm addicted to detailing.
              I don't mean to sit here and bash Turtle Wax - I'm sure there are people who swear by it. And that's fine. If it works for you, then use it. The problem comes when you get somebody who doesn't know what they're doing but think or act like they do, and then they go and give bad information. Case in point: http://www.5min.com/Video/How-to-Wax-Your-Car-112603256 (sorry they use Turtle Wax in this video - I promise I didn't target this video because of that, I just wanted to point out the flawed process)

That's why I'm so glad I discovered MOL. There's so much info on here, and you're not as apt to get bad information. It's too easy to Google "how to wax a car" and be done with it. The trouble is, anybody can post whatever they want to on the internet (provided they know how), whether it is true and/or correct or not. And if you do happen to get some bad info here on MOL (a rare occurrence I'm sure), somebody is always there to correct that and make sure you're headed down the right path. Cheers!
              Shane

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Thing is Ciera,youtube is a lot of fun.I can spend hours on it myself. The only thing with it is that it's a general site and nobody can monitor all these videos,or analyse it like on a dedicated forum.I believe the only thing can be done is to 'flag' a video.But I think? this is more to do with obscene material?

There are a lot of good educational videos,but unfortunatley,a lot of nonsense gets stuck in with it.

Just for kicks! This is one of my favourites!

The new German Coastguard is on duty and isn't doing a very good job.....

Last edited by Eddie6th; Jun 10, 2009, 07:05 AM. Reason: forgot to add smilie

Comment

Wow, posting up a video of yourself doing a lousy job on your car's paint gets 4 pages of people talking about you? Is this the new way to become famous? Haha.
                  -HealthyCivic
                  Check out the glossary

Comment

This could have been me 2 years ago! I was rear ended in center city Trenton, NJ and my back side was pretty scuffed up.
                    A buddy of mine told me to get some Meguiar's wax (he's just a wash and wax kinda guy) and it'll take out some of the scratches and paint transfer. Well he was right, NXT 2.0 did a pretty good job....not flawless since I only put the wax on (pre MOL days) but it looked alot better then what this guy did.
                    I'm glad I found Meguiar's before I found this guy 'cause I was about to search youtube for advice!

Hopefully he finds MOL, but I don't think he has the detailing OCD that's in most of us.
                    For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

736th GunTrucks "Bakersfield to Bagdad"

Wife say's I'm "obsessed"!

Comment

Sadly, I've done this way back when. My brother in law got a new (to him) black Jeep Cherokee, but had a paint flaw on the hood. I grabbed my trusty turtle wax rubbing compound, proudly saying "I can fix that". Dohhhh....Jeep is long gone now, and still feel bad about that one.

Jamie

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie6th View Post
                        Thing is Ciera,youtube is a lot of fun.I can spend hours on it myself. The only thing with it is that it's a general site and nobody can monitor all these videos,or analyse it like on a dedicated forum.I believe the only thing can be done is to 'flag' a video.But I think? this is more to do with obscene material?

There are a lot of good educational videos,but unfortunatley,a lot of nonsense gets stuck in with it.

Just for kicks! This is one of my favourites!

The new German Coastguard is on duty and isn't doing a very good job.....

Funny vid! Yeah, YouTube is a lot of fun. I'm on there almost every day. Of course, I get on there to watch cartoons, not look up info. I think when I decided to get on the internet and start looking for info on detailing, the first website I found was Autogeek. Which was good for me - Autogeek has good info (even if they promote Pinnacle, Wolfgang, DP, etc.). I think what hooked me on Meguiar's was I had bought Turtle Wax Ice Liquid Polish and Liquid Clay because they were being promoted as the best thing since sliced bread, and I got them home, used them, and was like, OK, this is nice because I can use it on plastic, but what is so great about it? So it was back looking for another wax. I happened to see NXT 2.0 sitting on the shelf, and I was like, well this is cool packaging, but $16? That's what I paid for the Turtle Wax products, and I was disappointed with those. But I went ahead and bought it anyway, and I was absolutely blown away. And the rest is history. So nobody had to sell me on Meguiar's, Meguiar's sold itself. It proved itself in a way I would never have believed. I love Meguiar's!!!
                        Shane

Comment

Me too.I used to use AutoGlym years ago.I didn't have any problems with it,untill I discovered Meguiar's!!!! That opened up a whole new concept in car care for me.

I've tried a lot of famous brands in the past.I only use Meg's now,though.

The only consumer goods that I found were okay,were 'mer' wax(which is fairly cheap),Turtle,and the one above.

The others that I had tried were worse than those.

I've never tried any of that fancy expensive stuff.I wouldn't pay that kind of money for wax or polishes...whatever.Ridiculous!

A good example of this was the last time I ordered the quik clay kit.

The Meg's quik clay kit was around 15 bucks. The salesman suggested the zymol kit which costs twice as much. I said "look,why should i pay double for something that does the same job!"

That's the thing I love most about Meg's...Really good quality and selection,which is always under development,and everyone can afford it!

Waxed my civic nearly 3 months ago with carnauba....washed it a couple of days ago....Still beads like I waxed it yesterday! And my car is not garaged and is on a very busy road.Dust is on it everyday... Going by the members on the forum...I can't wait to try the NXT techwax 2.0!!!!!

Comment

I think I'm going to run out and get a tub of this Heavy Duty Compound and do my Daily Driver with it. It has to be an improvement...

Comment

Originally posted by MyFirstES300 View Post
                              I think I'm going to run out and get a tub of this Heavy Duty Compound and do my Daily Driver with it. It has to be an improvement...
                              No vehicle deserves to be treated like that. Going by the video,it's a miracle compound.Scratches just vanish!!!

Do these companies not have any control about someone using there products on youtube,and make a mess of the job?

i thought there would have been some kind of copyright protection?

Comment

Technique may be wrong, But at least he tried to fix it. If he is happy good for him.
                                quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');