• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's Family Ownership

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by magnus
    Well, I put up two posts this morning — no answers. (Yes, I know, it was only this morning. Funny how this post about Barry selling out got responded to so quickly though.)
    Sometimes, I answer the questions I see at the top of the list and then get busy. No harm meant.

I can recall at least another two posts over the last couple of weeks where I've gotten the "It depends" answer, or "Pick what you like" answer to posts that specifically ask that the question not be answered that way.
    I don't know where these question are, provide links and I'll do my best to give your definitive answers.

Seems like it's more fun to gossip than work.
    Don't know what your talking about here, I for one don't have any extra time to gossip and since it only leads to trouble, it's a bad idea to participate anyways.

I am extremely frustrated, not just by this forum, but by Meguiar's products in general.
    Hopefully, your experience is the exception, not the rule. At least I don't see a lot of posts like yours.

No one here seems to want to answer a question directly; I have had numerous shipping issues with just one order; I have had product failure issues from that same order; I have had product issues where what is said on this forums either contradicts (rarely) the product, or the product does not specify the who, what, when, where, and why — to which I then find out that I used wrong, purchased the incorrect product, or wasted my time by not have clear instructions.
    It's true, more information on products and how to use them is needed. Everything takes time. Right now instead of uploading photos for some events that are important to a lot of people, I replying to questions on the forum, sometimes, it's a matter of priorities. Send me your phone number via PM or e-mail mphillips@meguiars.com and I'll try to help you out over the phone, this can often be faster than trying to type of lengthy messages.

Shipping issues have been partially cleared up, after having to wait another '7-10 days' (twice), writing several emails, and making phone calls because the emails weren't answered, to have something replaced that Meguiar's screwed up.

Customer service issues have not been resolved to date, other than an apology.
    Contact Tom McDonald, I'm sure he can resolve any problem your bring him.

tmacdonald@meguiars.com
    1-800-854-8073 ext. 117

I purchase products from Meguiar's only to find out that a well-posted (on this forum) retailer sells much of the same stuff for less.
    Meguiar's offers services that others cannot offer. Meguiar's cannot directly control what our retailers sell product for. You are free to purchase your products wherever you like. Some people choose to purchase directly from Meguiar's partially because of the services we provide.

I use the strongly suggested PC at speeds recommended by both posters and moderators (per product) and then am told by customer care that it was the wrong speed.
    This is an issue and it will be addressed.

Forum questions, to date, have only been answered properly on one occasion.
    Sounds like I'm not doing my job. For this I apologize.

My personal forum answers to posts have been re-soundly blasted, when the answer I gave was the answer I was given by customer support when I asked the question myself.
    As long as everyone is following the forum rules, this shouldn't be happening.

Forum Rules

Welcome to Meguiar’s Online!

We happy to have new members and hope that you enjoy the wealth of information that is shared on the forum.

There are not many rules, just have fun and don’t hesitate to ask questions and share information you would like to contribute to the community. We would also like to keep this forum G-Rated as not to offend anyone, and we will not tolerate,
    • * Flame Wars
      * Negative posts
      * Bashing forum members
      * Bashing forum Moderators of Meguiar’s Online

Should you have a question please post it to the appropriate forum so we can keep threads on-topic.

Don’t forget drop a post at the Front Desk to tell us a little about yourself…

Enjoy the forum!
    Your Meguiar’s Online Moderators

The Meguiar's website is cumbersome, awkward, and poorly designed (Hey! I need a job, and could do a much better front-end design. Not that I'd be hired after this post!). It's main front-end technology (Macromedia Flash) doesn't work half the time in current browsers. Oh well, I could go on with this, but no one will listen.
    Here's the forum for suggestions,

New Product Suggestions

While not a product suggestion, it will fit inside this forum.

So, yes, in my personal opinion, stuff isn't getting done. Now, for those that don't read well, I said: In my personal opinion, stuff isn't getting done.[/quote]

It is our goal to help you get the best results from your time, money and efforts. The kind of feedback you're supplying us with right now is important to us to better understand where were lacking and to help us improve.

For 2hotford, I too am a volunteer. Because of our wonderful economy, I've been out of work for over a year now, and have to volunteer at a school for over 30 hours per week in exchange for rent. This is the cusp of another one of my posts — don't tell me to pick whatever I like!!! I'm asking for advice, and cannot afford to purchase the 10-12 (not necessarily an exaggeration) similar products to guess and see which one I like.

Thanks for listening to my rant. I hope I haven't spoiled anyone's day! Of course, I imagine that this will just get ignored like my last attempt at explaining something (referring to another post).
    We're listening...

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: Nice...

We get replies to rumors, but nothing for those actually asking questions and needing help. Anything to pretend to preserve business I guess.

This actually should have been posted in it's own thread, and not become an off-topic post in this persons question about the control of Meguiar's.

Customer Service Hot Line

Therefore, please everyone bring this thread back on topic and post anything off-topic in it's own thread.

Thanks

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Magnus,
        It seems to me in the time I have been using this web site I have gotten more information than I could possibly ever use or remember and everyone here has been helpful and pleasant. If I had to volunteer my services for 30 hours in exchange for rent, I would be more focuses on lowering my bills (eg.cancelling my internet service) than I would on detailing my car. Everyone here, I'm sure, hopes you find some work soon. With all due respect, If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.

Russ Bradford
        Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.

Comment

Magnus,
          It seems to me in the time I have been using this web site I have gotten more information than I could possibly ever use or remember and everyone here has been helpful and pleasant. If I had to volunteer my services for 30 hours in exchange for rent, I would be more focuses on lowering my bills (eg.cancelling my internet service) than I would on detailing my car. Everyone here, I'm sure, hopes you find some work soon. With all due respect, If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.

Russ Bradford
          Apparently the part about having a personal opinion was missed as you read my post.

For your information, I am a graphic and web designer. It would be kind of stupid to shut off the very thing that I do for a living. It is also difficult in this day of age to find work out of state or region without the help of online job networks.

Also for your information:
          - I have come close to needing to sell my Mustang to pay bills. Fortunately I have not had to do so.
          - I have already sold my collection of 400 Matchbox cars that I had been collecting since I was 6 y.o.
          - I sold my 2.5 y.o. Chevy Tahoe in order to lower my car payments and save on gas mileage.
          - I reduced my cable TV bill by switching from digital to regular.
          - I live in the worst house on the school property (it's over 60 y.o. and was a officer's quarters when the school property was a military base).
          - I cannot afford to move off campus, as the area I live is within the top 5 highest cost of living areas in California. I moved here to work for a educational technology group 9 years ago, not because of the location.

Please do not pity me. I am not complaining about my financial situation. Please do respect my request when I say that I do not want to spend a lot of money to guess at what might work for me.

Now, as far as not saying something nice... If everyone only had nice things to say, then nothing would be corrected or improved. If you got in a car accident that was the result of manufacturer failure, I don't think you would write the company and tell them what a wonderful vehicle they have.

My intent is not to disrupt or complain for the sake of complaining. I do think that what I have said in my post is legitimate concerning my issues. I'm glad you have not had these problems and have had success. It is that same thing that I am trying to correct and achieve.

Kent Cabreira

Comment

My intent is not to disrupt or complain for the sake of complaining. I do think that what I have said in my post is legitimate concerning my issues. I'm glad you have not had these problems and have had success. It is that same thing that I am trying to correct and achieve.

Kent Cabreira
            Wouldn't it be better if you posted the issue you have brought up in their own dedicated thread and not in this thread about the ownership of Meguiar's?

Mike
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike's response

Mike,

Thank you for your tact. It isn't my forte, and respect your willingness to help.

I am currently preparing to go out of town, and may not be able to respond to your requests of me for a few hours, if I can get to it before leaving. Otherwise, I will PM you when I get back early next week.

Thanks again!

Comment

magnus, While I am not sure of the questions you asked that werenot answered the way you would like here are some things to keep in mind when asking for a SPECIFIC product recomendation

1. Different climates will make products behave differently
                2. different techniques will make a product behave differently
                3. Different skill levels will SEEM to make a product behave differently

If there was a sure fire answer for a question I am sure it would have been posted but since each car, the paint, the condition needing attention and all the things I listed above come into play when recomending a product or aproch to solving a problem there isnt always a simple answer. It may seem like questions are side stepped by answers like these but sometimes there just isnt a simple and to the point answer.

Here is an example, when you are sick can you call the doctor and get a 100% diagnosis over the phone with 100% correct prescription for the condittion or do you need to seee the doctr so he can SEE what is wrong with you and then try to prescribe the correct cure.

Sorry if I am rambling, I just wanted to give another side to some of the answers that are posted.
                If you dont play you CANT win!

Comment

Wouldn't it be better if you posted the issue you have brought up in their own dedicated thread and not in this thread about the ownership of Meguiar's?
                  Ah heck, can't win for losing I guess.

You mean like the birthday cake within this thread, or like the discussion of track driving in the thread about what Car Crazy detailers drive?

I suppose I will bow out. No sense beating a dead horse. I'll contact Tom McDonald to see if he'll be willing to take back my recent order. Best of luck.

Comment

Magnus,

While I understand your job situation, chosing a particular product for one situation is not that easy. DETLMAN gave an excellent reason why the above can not happen.

Alas, I posted the picture to try and lighten-up the thread before something happened bringing the thread to a close.

Now, for everyone in this thread, including myself, this thread needs to get back to the original post--- or it will be closed.

Thanks,
                    Tim
                    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

And Mike, Tell Mr. Meguiar that I would be willing to be adopted and take and take the COO position so the family name thing would continue, just taking one for the team, since no one else has stepped up.
                      Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.

Comment

Originally posted by 1BadMach1
                        And Mike, Tell Mr. Meguiar that I would be willing to be adopted and take and take the COO position so the family name thing would continue, just taking one for the team, since no one else has stepped up.

I think the time has come to close this thread.

Tim
                        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');