• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW Product Announcement...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NEW Product Announcement...

Banning Joshua312 is kind of overreacting isn’t it? He's a good kid, unlike most people around here he understands that no matter how good a line of products is, not all of them are the best. If you all want to run around with blinkers on, be may guest. The problem I have with you Mike is that you don’t seam apologetic, this has been handed poorly since day one. Sure, things happen to push a release date back, but what sorts the men form the boys it how things like this are handled. If this is how you and Maguire’s do business, I’ll take mine elsewhere from now on. I wish you all the best with the new products, but I sure won’t be buying them

How about you read Josh’s opinion on #21: http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=77050

Comment

Originally posted by lucaszcpm3 View Post
      Banning Joshua312 is kind of overreacting isn’t it?
      Don't you think after reading through his comments in this thread he's the one overreacting? He voiced his opinion numerous times, but he just wouldn't let it go. It's 4:34am in my part of the world and I have to leave to set-up for a class today, I certainly don't have time to babysit anyone posting the kind of things he was posting. People join detailing forums for one of three reasons,
      • To ask questions and to get help
      • To answer questions and to help others
      • To cause problems and strife

Out of his 15 posts on this forum,
      • 9 of them are in this thread bashing Meguiar's
      • 5 of them are in a thread about M80 Speed Glaze
      • 1 of them is to enter to win a free prize
      There was no sign of him letting up. What was his goal? What good did he expect to obtain from his posts? He might be entitled to his opinion, but there's no good reason to be rude about it over and over again.

Forum Rules

When Meguiar's Online when live in January 2004 our goal was to create an Online community for learning about car care and detailing. A place for "Car Crazy" enthusiasts to share and learn from the knowledge of others.

Meguiar's Online is a place for helping others. We pride ourselves on providing a friendly and polite community for constructive conversation.

Meguiar's Online Member Rules!

1. No personal attacks toward members or non-members will be tolerated.

2. No arguing with Moderators or Administrators.

3. You are welcome to disagree but you must be polite.

4. No bashing any company or their products. No bashing other people. If you can't say anything nice about someone, then don't say anything at all.

5. Keep language "G Rated", this includes insinuations. If you wouldn't say it in front of your grandparents, your parents or your children, then you shouldn't probably be posting to the Meguiar's Online forum.

6. Only appropriate pictures suitable for all audiences will be allowed, this includes avatars. If the photo is questionable at all it will be deleted without warning.

7. No commercial messages will be allowed. This includes web site links, phone numbers and email addresses. Commercial messages will be deleted.

8. Only one account per member! The only conceivable reason for multiple accounts, would be for fraudulent activity. You will be banned for this action immediately.

9. Continuously breaking the rules to disrupt the Online community will result in you being banned from the forum with little or no warning.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Wow! 18 pages of eager speculation followed by ten pages of anger.

I realize Mike had nothing to do with this, so the following is addressed to the marketing whizzes at Meguiar's:

From a purely business standpoint, I fail to see why Meguiar's would tease a new product prior to its introduction. What was the goal of this campaign? What was the planned outcome?

I posted a rather sarcastic comment early in this thread stating that I would postpone all Meguiar's purchases until after the announcement. After all, not knowing what the new system is, I wouldn't want to buy the old, soon to be discountined products.

It seems to me that there was very little upside under the best of circumstances, and the potential for a minor disaster was much greater.

Somebody in the executive suites needs a time out.

Comment

Originally posted by lucaszcpm3 View Post
          Sure, things happen to push a release date back, but what sorts the men form the boys it how things like this are handled.
          You stated it correctly Lucas, what separates the men from the boys are how things are handled, re-read Joshua's posts and take a look at how he handled himself.

I have to go now, I have a big class today and I certainly don't have time to babysit a few problem people. Until Monday, because of the actions of a few members on this forum, I'm going to close this thread.
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hey guys...

I posted the new Professional System by starting a new thread located here...

New Professional System Thread Announcment

Thanks

Mike
            Mike Pennington
            Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
            Meguiar's, Inc.
            800-854-8073
            mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

I am amazed with all the endless, waste of time threads that don’t educate other Meguiar’s users and should never be exposed to all as it is so counter productive. I may be new here but not to Meguiar’s products with many years, too many to remember, experimenting, some good and some not so good, however over time products for new paint technology got so much better and by trial and error found many new systems to produce a finish to be so proud of.

Folks, weather this new system is delayed or not WHO CARES. Currently every product I've used in the past and present has dazzled and continues to dazzle me. I applaud forums where folks who share their successes, failures through past experiences and that to me is very exciting and hope it excites you to.

I am currently using a 3 step process all of which is Meguiar’s products, that was highly recommended and so far won’t try anything else unless it dazzles me and my finishes.

I RELLY NEED TO GET TO A NACE/SEMA. Thank you Meguiar’s.

Rick
              Work work work work work!!! IT NEVER ENDS....

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');