• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pressure Washer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pressure Washer?

I was at Big Lots today, buying a new telescopic creeper seat for $25.00, which I thought was a good deal, but then I saw a Karcher 3.86 for $99.00 which also seemed like a good deal.

As has been mentioned previously, spraying your car with a pressure washer can be bad news if you hold it too close. I keep mine at least 3 feet away from the paint unless I am cleaning underneath or in the wheel wells. On the gas units that are more powerful, I'm not sure you can adjust the pressure, but on the smaller electric models, you can just turn them down to where water comes out very gently. Dependability seems to be the issues with these units though as I had mentioned previously, I am on my 3rd unit in 2 years, but the last one was a full replacement due to it breaking with in one year warranty.

Tom

Comment

Anythoughts on putting a pressure washer nozzle onto a regular hose with a 3/4 pipe?? My dad upgraded the pipe to 3/4 inch and I have plenty of pressure put I want the water pattern that most pressure washer's produce?

Would this even work?
      Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Originally posted by lilblkblt04 View Post
        Anythoughts on putting a pressure washer nozzle onto a regular hose with a 3/4 pipe?? My dad upgraded the pipe to 3/4 inch and I have plenty of pressure put I want the water pattern that most pressure washer's produce?

Would this even work?

The household pressure probably wouldnt be enough to do anything..
        Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
        Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

at gas sation we have old one
          alberto gorin
          known as gorin002

Comment

look at this

You are banned!

Tim

Comment

I've bought two Karcher Electrics in three years before I worked out this routine:
              I just take it back to Sam's Club yearly, prior to it's warranty expiration date, and trade it out for a new one.
              If I didn't have a couple of attachments that won't work on anything else, I'd throw it in the trash.
              Normally, I would feel guilty for this borderline scam. But with Karcher & WalMart, I'll make an exception.

Comment

I just found the Karcher 3.96 @ Costco. Too bad I already purchased the 3.92 from Sears!
                Matt
                2007 Lexus RX350
                1998 Acura Integra

Comment

Originally posted by TripleDES View Post
                  I just found the Karcher 3.96 @ Costco. Too bad I already purchased the 3.92 from Sears!
                  you know how its going today you buy something good tomorow same product is better.
                  alberto gorin
                  known as gorin002

Comment

i have one and to me i only use it when my car is really dirty, but just a garden hose does the same trick

Comment

Originally posted by hondaprelude98 View Post
                      i have one and to me i only use it when my car is really dirty, but just a garden hose does the same trick
                      yes me to
                      alberto gorin
                      known as gorin002

Comment

I have been looking at getting the Husky 1800PSI Residential power washer. It has the abilty to adjust the pressure and spray pattern right on the wand. Two tanks for detergants/cleaners and the abilty to use one, both or neither.

Do you think this a good machine? Price is $179 at Home Depot.

Would it be okay to use on the paint if the pressure is adjust down to about 1000?
                        Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

last time i used a pressure washer it kept blowing fuses in my house and it was my neighbors funny thing is when he uses it it dont blow fuses at his house

Comment

1000psi would be just fine.
                            Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                            Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Anything over 8 lbs. of pressure on the paint can scratch the surface (albeit microscopically). You should rinse your car only with the natural fold of water, no pressure. Pressure washers are great for cleaning wheels and fender wells and other undercarriage places. And of course they are great for cleaning engines and compartments. Of course they are also invaluable in cleaning floor mats both carpeted and rubber.
                              "No cobweb swirl!"

Comment

I do not believe a pressure can scratch a paint surface on a microscopic level...please post your reference or research material to support your statement.....

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');