• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tested out Gold Class Carnauba Plus Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tested out Gold Class Carnauba Plus Wax

Thanks for the write-up nick, hate to say it but this is the first time I've seen this thread.

But did give me hope! I've been looking for the paste ever since I learned that they improved gold class. Have seen the liquid just about everywhere but now paste.

Did you ever find the liquid version yet? If not I'll buy you a bottle and send it to you for a tin of the paste?
    ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
    You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
    Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

Originally posted by -DAvo View Post
      wow, great looking results!!

just a question, I am located in Australia, does anyone know if im able ot purchase meguiars products online from the USA? are there rules against liquids being posted via air freight??

thanks
      Autogeek will ship to Australia no worries.
      You'd better get a few items to make the cost of postage worthwhile!
      Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Durability update?

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

I was really impressed with this new GC. In fact, I bought a second tin, just in case. But I knew an 11oz tin will last me at least a couple of years.

I use TechWax 2.0 as my base coat, then wait for at least 12 hours for the curing process. Then, I come back with a coat of Gold Class Carnauba Plus. It makes my paint pop!

Comment

Originally posted by EPHIOS View Post
              I was really impressed with this new GC. In fact, I bought a second tin, just in case. But I knew an 11oz tin will last me at least a couple of years.

I use TechWax 2.0 as my base coat, then wait for at least 12 hours for the curing process. Then, I come back with a coat of Gold Class Carnauba Plus. It makes my paint pop!
              Be sure to report back on the durability of GCCP.
              I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

I applied in combo about two weeks ago. It went through about three (3) days of rain storm, and two car washes. You know what? It's still good as it was the first day I applied it. It still beads like crazy!

Comment

Any updates on the Gold Class Plus durability?

Comment

Originally posted by RdRover View Post
                    Any updates on the Gold Class Plus durability?

Its still beading "okay". I only applied a single coat and have only washed my truck twice since this writeup. I washed it with UW&W both those times and it was beading better after the wash.

Hopefully when things slow down and I am not as busy I can make a better judgement.
                    Nick
                    Tucker's Detailing Services
                    815-954-0773
                    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
                      Its still beading "okay". I only applied a single coat and have only washed my truck twice since this writeup. I washed it with UW&W both those times and it was beading better after the wash.

Hopefully when things slow down and I am not as busy I can make a better judgement.
                      You've only washed it twice since January? Dayum, you are busy! But being busy is a great thing in a down economy, especially here in northern Illinois.

I'd offer to help you out and wash it, but I'm fearful I'd miss a bug or streak your glass.....
                      2014 Cadillac ATS4 Performance in White Diamond Tricoat. It's loaded with everything but frickin' lasers!

Comment

Re: Tested out Gold Class Carnauba Plus Wax..ATTN: Ephios

Ephios, do you apply Gold Class Carnuba over NXT 2.0 for added appearance factors or for added durability. What do you think is lacking in NXT 2.0 as the only product.
                        Thank you.

Comment

I just bought a Paste wax of this, can't wait to try this on the next car wash session..
                          "Does it come in black?" Bruce Wayne / Batman Begins

Comment

I will be rewaxing (of course, prep included) this coming month. I cannot decided if I should use GC Carnauba Plus or Tech Wax 2.0. I have 8 bottles of TechWax 2.0 and 3 full cans of GC Carnauba Plus paste.

Comment

I will be rewaxing (of course, prep included) this coming month. I cannot decided if I should use GC Carnauba Plus or Tech Wax 2.0. I have 8 bottles of TechWax 2.0 and 3 full cans of GC Carnauba Plus paste.
                              So you got about 5 months out of GCCP? That's pretty good.

Why don't you do the NXT 2.0 / GCCCP combo like you did previously?

Comment

Wow looks GREAT! Red is a great color to clean when its done right. That thing barely fits in the garage hahaha. Have you hit the wall yet?
                                2017 Honda CR-V

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');