• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TechWax 2.0 over EO Nanowax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TechWax 2.0 over EO Nanowax

Originally posted by EPHIOS View Post
    Actually, that what I meant. After claying, first coat is EO Nanowax, then a coat of NXT 2.0.
    Without a battery of fancy scientific equipment it is hard to tell, but I would guess that most of what you see is just NXT2.0 (since its mild cleaners would have removed some of the EONanowax, and then added NXT polish+wax). Basically, as said above, your process is similar to 2 coats of NXT-2.0. The second coat is largely to ensure no missed or thin spots. Rather than ending up twice as thick, the second coat likely partly removes some of the first coat, and that is likely replaced with some of the second coat (and most of the remaining second coat is excess that gets removed). Almost impossible to know how much of the EONanowax that the NXT cleaners+wax remove.

There was the one very detailed "layering" test that showed that applying many coats of any wax had essentially no change in wax thickness. Whether the resulting wax is mostly the first coat and others wiped off, or whether underlying coats get mostly removed and replaced, the detailed scientific measurement showed that the net result was essentially just one coat thickness. In fact, how thick a resulting coat was almost entirely determined by how agressively the last wax was wipped/removed. If the first and second coats are of two different waxes, the net result is probably a blend of the two (and who knows how much of each - that would be terribly difficult to measure).

So, I suspect your situation is similar to many of us who apply one coat of NXT and a second of #26 (or other carnuba), and we perceive a mixed result which we prefer. Also this is likely why Meguiars added synthetic polymers to new GoldClass Enhanced to give it a one-step mix of properties. In the end, whatever works for you
    2010 XRS

Comment

The reason I wanted to try something NEW, like NanoWax, then TechWax 2.0, is because I have six bottles of EO NanoWax. I bought it on sale, and wanted to put it into good use. I also have two bottles of TechWax 2.0.

Comment

What about NXT topped with EO?

Comment

Originally posted by EPHIOS View Post
          The reason I wanted to try something NEW, like NanoWax, then TechWax 2.0, is because I have six bottles of EO NanoWax. I bought it on sale, and wanted to put it into good use. I also have two bottles of TechWax 2.0.
          Just apply two coats of either one for even coverage. No need to mix brands. Both are great waxes with each having a unique look. Maybe rotate their use. Nano has better hiding ability IME but NXT is more durable.

Just shows there's no shortage of excellent LSPs available OTC for the consumer these days.
          Paul Marmarinos
          Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
          "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

I never bought into the 2 coat idea I apply 1 coat carefully making sure I have 100% coverage and leave it until time for another detail.
            Second coat = waste of time-money-product
            Black Bart

Comment

IME, applying a second coat makes a *noticeable* difference to appearance and durability.

Call it better, more even coverage, call it layering, call it what you want. But a second coat is worth it IMHO.
              Paul Marmarinos
              "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

I also thought, too, that EO NanoWax does a better job of hiding the swirls than TechWax 2.0. I did all I can to remove swirls on my car, but I can only do so much using my hand. I have used SwirlX, ScratchX 2.0, and even a little of UC.

Comment

I want to try that as well, TechWax 2.0 topped with Nanowax (carnauba-based).

Comment

OK, nevermind. I am going back to "pure" TechWax 2.0. Two coats for the hood and the roof (12-24 hours interval). One coat for the rest of the body panels.

Comment

Why don't you rotate the two different waxes. Two coats of one first month, then two coats of the other second month (or whatever your waxing interval is).

You can report back to us your experiences.
                      Paul Marmarinos

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');