• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TechWax 2.0 over EO Nanowax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TechWax 2.0 over EO Nanowax

I recently purchased four (4) bottles of EO NanoWax. They were on clearance for $3.24 a bottle. I clayed my hood, then applied the Nanowax. Waited for an hour, then applied NXT 2.0. And the result...was better than applying to coats of NXT 2.0. The NanoWax covered most of the swirls, and gave it a more glossy and uniform look. Have any tried using a DIFFERENT BRAND of car wax, over a Meguiar's car waxes, and get a unexpected result?

Re: TechWax 2.0 over EO Nanowax

Nope.
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Me neither. I stick with Meguiars.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

they all do the same thing IMO. Youu can pay more for the same you get with Meguiars. They produce 70% or more of the market share so they make the best stuff for cheapest.

Comment

I use to use EO Nanowax all of the time but found that the wax can get finicky at time so I walked away.

Recently, I bought some of that TW ICE liquid polish and love the stuff over NXT 2.0. The stuff is amazingly easy to apply and remove. To me, it applies and looks like Ultimate Quik Wax.

Comment

I haven't tried it, but it sounds like it should look pretty good.

Comment

I've tried just about every wax that i can get my hands on (much to my wifes displeasure ). E1 nano is a very good product. Not a big fan of TW Ice. I *have* found a great use for it, though! Every brand of wax tends to leave white residue in stone chips at the front of the car. Ice doesn't! So I wax all my car with wax de jour (wax of the day) except the frontal arc, and do that with Ice and a MF applicator. Makes stone chips almost invisible.
              Paul Marmarinos
              Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
              "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

Eagle One makes some good stuff,used to make a wax eagle WET that left a very good wet finish,i use their spray wax alot after washing esp during winter

Comment

Originally posted by EPHIOS View Post
                  I recently purchased four (4) bottles of EO NanoWax. They were on clearance for $3.24 a bottle. I clayed my hood, then applied the Nanowax. Waited for an hour, then applied NXT 2.0. And the result...was better than applying to coats of NXT 2.0. The NanoWax covered most of the swirls, and gave it a more glossy and uniform look. Have any tried using a DIFFERENT BRAND of car wax, over a Meguiar's car waxes, and get a unexpected result?
                  where were they on sale @?

Comment

Originally posted by EPHIOS View Post
                    ... I clayed my hood, then applied the Nanowax. Waited for an hour, then applied NXT 2.0. And the result was better than applying two coats of NXT 2.0. The NanoWax covered most of the swirls, and gave it a more glossy and uniform look.
                    If you want to "fill in swirls" why not use a Meguiars product like SwirlX to help remove them and add polish oils to hide what is left, then top with NXT2.0. If you dont want to remove them, but rather just hide them, try DC2 polish or M07 polish, and then the NXT. NXT is mostly a pure sealant wax (not quite true), unbeatable on a well prepared finish.

If your finish is not good, it may be best to spend a little time and improve it first. It sounds like you are using the NanoWax as a polish to help hide finish defects. Nothing wrong with that, but maybe not the most effective long-term approach. Just a thought.
                    2010 XRS

Comment

Originally posted by searle View Post
                      NXT is mostly a pure sealant wax (not quite true).
                      Not sure what you mean by that. NXT *is* a sealant although marketed as a wax.
                      Paul Marmarinos
                      Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
                      "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

Originally posted by Alfisti View Post
                        Not sure what you mean by that. NXT *is* a sealant although marketed as a wax.
                        I meant it is mostly but not totally a pure wax(sealant). For example it has some very mild cleaners, and some polish.
                        2010 XRS

Comment

Originally posted by searle View Post
                          I meant it is mostly but not totally a pure wax(sealant). For example it has some very mild cleaners, and some polish.
                          Actually, this is why I often top NXT with #26 (which is a pure wax) rather than the other way around (NXT cleaners, while mild, would remove some #26 and who know how much).

I wonder in the original posting in this thread, how much EONanowax is actually left after the NXT is applied, twice. I certainly dont know , but maybe the effect is entirely percieved and the nice result is entirely due to the two NXT applications (each with mild cleaner plus some polish oils plus the great synthetic sealant/wax finish).
                          2010 XRS

Comment

The same could be asked about Zaino when 30 layers are applied. A coat of EO wax followed by 2 of NXT? Waste IMO. One of each? Fine.

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
                              The same could be asked about Zaino when 30 layers are applied. A coat of EO wax followed by 2 of NXT? Waste IMO. One of each? Fine.
                              Actually, that what I meant. After claying, first coat is EO Nanowax, then a coat of NXT 2.0.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');