• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

maintenance product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: maintenance product

-Reviving my old thread-

I have been using UQD for my maintenance. Practically, NXT2.0 every month and UQD every week.

Week 1 - Wash, NXT2.0 & UQD
    Week 2 - Wash & UQD
    Week 3 - Wash & UQD
    Week 4 - Wash & UQD

Hence my question - since I have UQD on the paint, will NXT2.0 sits properly with the paint?
    LB

Comment

Sure. Though since it is an old thread, have you tried UQW yet?
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Hi, Litebulb. The UQD that you are using will not affect the bonding of NXT to your paint. It sounds like you're doing a great job. I'm sure your vehicle looks clean and shiny.

Did you ever get around to trying Ultimate Quik Wax. It compliments NXT very well. Here is a video on how to apply it:

Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
        --Al Kimel

Comment

Hi guys, are these steps right to apply?

When the car washed completely then;
          Before we start the below step do we need clay??
          1)Meguiar's Show Car Glaze #7
          2)Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0
          3)Meguiar's Pro Polymer Sealant #20

Comment

Originally posted by tsı_dsg View Post
            Hi guys, are these steps right to apply?

When the car washed completely then;
            Before we start the below step do we need clay??
            1)Meguiar's Show Car Glaze #7
            2)Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0
            3)Meguiar's Pro Polymer Sealant #20
            Eliminate step #3. M20 is a cleaner wax. It will remove all previously applied polish and wax. Use M20 by itself or top it with NXT.
            Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
            --Al Kimel

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
              Yeah, I would change to:

Week:
              1. Detail - Wash+Clay+Clean+Polish+Wax+Wax (or other appropriate detail)
              2. Wash+UQW
              3. Wash+UQW
              4. Wash+UQW
              5. Wash+UQW
              etc.
              Agreed. I use UQW after every wash.

UQD is also a fantastic maintenance product, it just aids in boosting the shine of the previous wax/sealant you put on. It will bead water like nobodies business but doesn't have quite the durability that UQW has.

UQD is an easier on/off product though with less possibility of streaking or leaving a haze on the surface if you miss a spot.

Both have their place in a detailing arsenal and I use both liberally.
              Shawn - Final Touch Auto Detail
              Houston Area Mobile Detailing
              www.FinalTouchAutoDetail.com

Comment

Thank you for your reply akimel,then does it needed to apply anything after NXT ?

Comment

Originally posted by tsı_dsg View Post
                  Thank you for your reply akimel,then does it needed to apply anything after NXT ?
                  You don't need to apply anything after NXT, but if you'd like to maintain it between waxings and keep the car looking shiny, you might try applying Ultimate Quik Wax. It's really quite easy and doesn't take a lot of time, as you can see from the above video.
                  --Al Kimel

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');