• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

maintenance product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maintenance product

greetings,

i am currently on the following products:

washing: nxt shampoo
    paint cleaners: deep crystal 1
    polisher: deep crystal 2
    wax: nxt2.0

i was thinking of introducing a maintenance step to it. perhaps a spray solution? should i be looking at products like ultimate quick detailer or ultimate quick wax? will these products offset/contradict/strip with my applied nxt2.0 wax? will i obtain the same outcome as the nxt2.0?
    LB

Re: maintenance product

Maintaining means having something like Ultimate Quik Wax to use after future washes.

Also, having a Quick Detailer or UQD around to remoe bird droppings, hard water drops, etc when they are on the paint.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I would definitely get some maintenance items. Get the UQD for when there is a light dusting of your car. The UQW will be great to give your wax a little boost in between full details.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

since my car will get washed on a weekly basis, i think i will forgo UQD and get myself UQW. can i confirm that UQW does not strip or affect the already applied NXT2.0 wax?
        LB

Comment

Originally posted by LiteBulb View Post
          since my car will get washed on a weekly basis, i think i will forgo UQD and get myself UQW. can i confirm that UQW does not strip or affect the already applied NXT2.0 wax?
          UQW will do the complete opposite of what your asking. It is a great product meant to boost wax protection.

You'll be amazed when using this product.

Ryan
          Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan L. View Post
            UQW will do the complete opposite of what your asking. It is a great product meant to boost wax protection.

You'll be amazed when using this product.

Ryan
            opposite? i'll take it as - it will not affect my applied layer of wax =)

i wax my car on a monthly basis and noticed that the beading effect of the nxt2.0 starts to wear-off after 2 washes. my car is parked under the hot sun everyday. so, i was thinking of using uqw to quickly slap a layer of protection in the mid-month.

Month 1
            week 1 - wax
            week 2 - wash
            week 3 - uqw
            week 4 - wash

Month 2
            * repeat the above schedule
            LB

Comment

i wax my car on a monthly basis and noticed that the beading effect of the nxt2.0 starts to wear-off after 2 washes. my car is parked under the hot sun everyday. so, i was thinking of using uqw to quickly slap a layer of protection in the mid-month.

Month 1
              week 1 - wax
              week 2 - wash
              week 3 - uqw
              week 4 - wash

Month 2
              * repeat the above schedule
              Are you claying your car? If you don't remove bonded contaminants then your wax won't last as long. For me, NXT 2.0 lasts about 6-8 weeks. Actually, it probably lasts longer, but after 6-8 weeks I notice the beading starting to wear down a little bit. Also, you can use UQW after every wash if you want to. Just don't forget that UQW MUST BE USED ON AN ABSOLUTELY CLEAN SURFACE. You can't use it to remove dust and such. That's what UQD is for.
              Shane
              1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Yeah, I would change to:

Week:
                1. Detail - Wash+Clay+Clean+Polish+Wax+Wax (or other appropriate detail)
                2. Wash+UQW
                3. Wash+UQW
                4. Wash+UQW
                5. Wash+UQW
                etc.

Comment

yep. i did a full detail (includes claying+polishing+cleaning). could be me using too much soap that washes chunks of wax away. ok, i now get the idea on UQW usage. as for UQD, i dont think i will be that hardworking in removing dust between washes =P

i think weekly wash will be sufficient to wash off the dusts. will prolly get UQD to keep in the boot for just in case bird attacks.

also, i heard that DC1 is getting phased out. can i use scratchx to replace my DC1 step? i will prolly work all my steps by a DA machine on my next detail (elbow is getting old).
                  LB

Comment

You would use SwirlX as your DC1 step.

Although the old ScratchX could be used to use it up.

Comment

lastly, for wheels product. there are currently too many models of tire shine that megs is offering. i want something long lasting. i am currently using insane shine, which i find it to be so-so, nothing amazing.

also, for rims cleaner? i have seen some of my local car wash, they tend to spray some sort of chemicals to the rims, let is soak, and then rinse it off. the results - a very shiny wheels. anything from megs with this sort of cleaning capability?
                      LB

Comment

lastly, for wheels product. there are currently too many models of tire shine that megs is offering. i want something long lasting. i am currently using insane shine, which i find it to be so-so, nothing amazing.

also, for rims cleaner? i have seen some of my local car wash, they tend to spray some sort of chemicals to the rims, let is soak, and then rinse it off. the results - a very shiny wheels. anything from megs with this sort of cleaning capability?
                        I am very happy with NXT insane shine tire wet. It lasts a long time and has the highest shine of any tire wet I've ever used.

It depends, what kind of wheels do you have? If they are uncoated aluminum you are going to have to use Hot Rims aluminum wheel cleaner or Gold Class AWC. If you have coated wheels I would highly recommend Wheel Brightener from the Detailer Line; it will tackle even the most horrendous brake dust deposits and other miscellaneous filth.
                        James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
                        Calais Auto Detailing
                        CalaisDetails@aim.com
                        www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

What I would do, is use UQD after every wash, and UQW every other wash. Then do a full detail once every month or even two months.

The UQD and UQW will really help extend the life of NXT 2.0.
                          2006 San Remo Red WRX TR
                          2005 Ford Ranger XLT

Detailers clean places nobody see. Detailer see's things nobody else see. But if you ask a Detailer to see how a dress looks on a woman, they are blind.

Comment

hi. i am about to get hold of UQW. as i read, the application process of UQW is - mist, spread it out with cloth, leave to dry, then buff.

if the above said process is true, wouldnt it be the same as applying the NXT2.0?
                            LB

Comment

hi. i am about to get hold of UQW. as i read, the application process of UQW is - mist, spread it out with cloth, leave to dry, then buff.

if the above said process is true, wouldnt it be the same as applying the NXT2.0?
                              You could also moisten the MF with UQW, spray the surface, rub it in with the primed side of the MF and wipe dry with a dry portion.
                              James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
                              Calais Auto Detailing
                              CalaisDetails@aim.com
                              www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');