• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M82 seems watery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: M82 seems watery?

Originally posted by marc2000gt View Post
    I know the post is a little old, but I pulled out my #82 for use this week and it also was watery. I apply it directly to my polishing pad, and it soaked right in like water. I keep all my products stored inside my house.
    That's what mine does too. I will wait until I place another ADS order to call Rick, so if it is replaced, it doesn't cost him any extra money.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
      It helps us when you come across an issue like this to contact Customer Care through the link below where your comments will be added to a database and monitored. The forum is a great place to share your experience too but it's not tracked in a database like it is when you use the online form the link below will take you to.

Contact Meguiar's

Thank you!
      Thanks Mike. It really wasn't that big of a deal to me and I just assumed that the product had exceeded it's shelf life expectancy. I'll know better next time.
      2004 Ford F250 SuperDuty Crew 6.0L Diesel - Black
      2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 - Dark Shadow Gray

Comment

Re: M82

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
        I've sent the link to this thread to our Packaging Engineer and asked to meet with him next week to discuss the issue you've brought up.

I know people get busy but, any word on this whole subject with bottles Mike?

I had M09/M80/DC#1-#2 go bad on me and the 80 I used a cheapo bottle from Harbor Freight but now use the Mirror Glaze line.

Thanks

Aaron
        Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong.... It seems that meguiars compound ie m85,84,83 lasts longer as compared to m82,80 from my perspective. I have my M series stored in the same location. I had those two breaking down on me within 1 to 2years from date of purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by zaidgreat View Post
            Correct me if I'm wrong.... It seems that meguiars compound ie m85,84,83 lasts longer as compared to m82,80 from my perspective. I have my M series stored in the same location. I had those two breaking down on me within 1 to 2years from date of purchase.

I agree. I purchased all of my 80's products at the same time and the 82 is the only one to turn watery.

Comment

First post for me!!!

I just picked up a 16oz bottle of M0916 (#9 Swirl Remover 2.0) today and it looks/feels like skim milk. It isn't even opaque when I put a few drops on my finger. It just runs off and leaves a little white residue behind.

I have a 3/4 full bottle of #83 that I borrowed from a friend at work along with his PC 7424. I have some pretty minor swirling that I want to remove and I thought #83 would be a bit too aggressive, so I found the #9 at a local auto parts store. The #83 is around a year old and still feels/looks very thick like I would expect.

Should I try to return the #9 and get another or is the M09 supposed to be extremely thin like that?

Comment

Just got back from the store that I purchased the M09 from. I compared the bottle of M09 that I had with two others on the shelf. The ones on the shelf felt very thick when I shook them up compared to the one I had. The store promptly exchanged the bottle without any problem, so I'm all set now.

Comment

Originally posted by Red04TL View Post
                  Just got back from the store that I purchased the M09 from. I compared the bottle of M09 that I had with two others on the shelf. The ones on the shelf felt very thick when I shook them up compared to the one I had. The store promptly exchanged the bottle without any problem, so I'm all set now.
                  BTW, how's the outcome? Care to share?

Comment

Originally posted by Nappers View Post
                    I know people get busy but, any word on this whole subject with bottles Mike?
                    No, no update... need a dedicated thread for the topic...
                    Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by zaidgreat View Post

I had those two breaking down on me within 1 to 2years from date of purchase.
                      zaidgreat and anyone else that has a problem with M82 turning watery, or any product problem. Posting about it on the forum is great but if you want your experience to be known by management the PLEASE use the link below to go to an online form where you can send your thoughts directly to management AND your information will be entered into a database that is tracked.

Information on this forum doesn't get tracked in a database like information sent to Meguiar's via the online form.

Thank you and here's the link...

Contact Meguiar's

Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Filled out the form and sent it away!

Comment

#21 will actually split into that purple substance/some clearish liquid if you leave it sitting there for a month or two, it happend to me smelt horrible lol; had to shake it for a good 5min too get it back into its original consistency

Comment

Originally posted by LaRgO View Post
                            #21 will actually split into that purple substance/some clearish liquid if you leave it sitting there for a month or two, it happend to me smelt horrible lol; had to shake it for a good 5min too get it back into its original consistency
                            Mine's the same. Seems that durability is unaffected but hate that smell.

Comment

I just experiece my M82 turn into water lastnight...whole thing became milk alike (no more concentrate), can't help even with heavy shaking to the ketchup bottle.

I am lucky since it not happen to my whole big bottle...only 300-400ml gone (still heart breaking)...

I was once told that when we pour out the product (any product), its best no to touch the pad, microfibre especially after they are in use (e.g top up product to the pad) as the applicator might have contaminated and it might spoil the chemical of the product...

Can anyone clarify this ?

Comment

Originally posted by g88 View Post
                                I just experiece my M82 turn into water lastnight...whole thing became milk alike (no more concentrate), can't help even with heavy shaking to the ketchup bottle.

I am lucky since it not happen to my whole big bottle...only 300-400ml gone (still heart breaking)...

I was once told that when we pour out the product (any product), its best no to touch the pad, microfibre especially after they are in use (e.g top up product to the pad) as the applicator might have contaminated and it might spoil the chemical of the product...

Can anyone clarify this ?
                                Heat and humidity may play a part with polishes like m82,m80. They seem to break down earlier than m83,m85

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');