• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

APC and UV Protection.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: APC and UV Protection.

Thanks Mike
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Pennington View Post
      Let me chime in here if I may

While Murr1525 is correct in saying M40 is not dilutable, we need to clarify M40 is actually water based....

Not all "water based" dressings are "dilutable" or designed to be diluted at the same dilution. (Now that's a tongue twister )

For example;
      Hyper Dressing (D170) is designed to be diluted up to 4:1.
      Water Based Dressing (D171) is designed to be diluted up to 1:1.
      Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner (M40) is not dilutable.
      Natural Shine (G41) is not dilutable

Keep in mind, all 4 are "water based"

In additon....please let me add to the QID thoughts...
      Quik Interior Detailer (spray or wipes) is not a "cleaner" only. But it is not a "dressing" either.... It is really a new category in interior care/maintenance. It does lightly clean, but it also leaves behind some UV protection. What it does not do is enhance darkness or condition like a traditional dressing.

QID is really meant to be used in conjunction with the dressing of your choice.

Hope this helps

Mike

Excellent explanation Mike, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by MSIGuy View Post
        So I have a Scion xB, which has a plastic interior that has little dimples in it, and a very matte finish. I have used Natural Shine and #40 and don't care for the look they give on this dash. I've been using Quick Interior Detailer and APC cut at 10:1 and like the nice matte finish I get from them, but don't know about the UV protection, QID doesn't have any does it, and APC has just some doesn't it?

Anything else I should look at to give me a good matte finish?

here is what he is talking about this is taken from my XB it is a 2008. it is plastic. but the little pattern is something that Does at times leave products behind. well at least that is what i have seen. hope this helps

Comment

Try applying on a cloth as well, not spraying right onto the material. You should get less buildup in the dimples.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by ibnboxin View Post

here is what he is talking about this is taken from my XB it is a 2008. it is plastic. but the little pattern is something that Does at times leave products behind. well at least that is what i have seen. hope this helps
            Exactly what I'm talking about. The xB2's and the first gen xB's have the same material on the dash. It's a pain to dress IMO. What do you use on yours?

And I do apply to the towel first then wipe in an effort to reduce the amount of dressing that needs to be used and residue or streaking.

Comment

well right now i have some stuff a buddy gave my made by griots garage. does pretty well not sure about uv protection. but does pretty well only problem is i do not know what product it is...lol he used a small bottle he had laying around to give me some. i will be at a meet and greet some time soon and will ask him.

Comment

What you can do, doesn't matter if you are using #40, #39, APC/APC+, Quik Interior is use this method and because you don't have a uniform dash then it will help

How To Apply Interior Dressings

Comment

does anyone have a picture of Water Based Dressing 1:1 or straight on a dashboard ?
                  Addicted

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');