• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's MT300 Dual Action Polisher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mnitetrain
    replied
    Re: MT300 Dual Action Polisher

Got my low serial number MT300 today. Still too much snow/too cold to put it to work.

Initial impression, a little heavier than I thought it would be, balance seems pretty nice though. Backing plate and pad run into microfiber towel though a few different speeds. Compared to HF DA it is quiet and smooth running. I think the soft start is a great feature.

Think it was worth the wait. Now more waiting for warmer weather. Waiting never ends LOL!

Just got to wait for ice out now.

Leave a comment:

• davey g-force
    replied

Originally posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I want to get 1 now. Lol.
    Me too... All the cool kids are doing it!

Leave a comment:

• Michael Stoops
    replied

Originally posted by Brad E View Post
    Will receive my son's today, according to Amazon. Looking forward to trying it out.
    Hey, we're even excited by this news!!!

Leave a comment:

• Brad E
    replied

Will receive my son's today, according to Amazon. Looking forward to trying it out.

Leave a comment:

• Eldorado2k
    replied
    I want to get 1 now. Lol.

Leave a comment:

• davey g-force
    replied

I can sense a bunch of MT300 reviews coming in the next few weeks!

Leave a comment:

• marichardson
    replied

Finally: Autogeek sent UPS tracking number with expected delivery date 11 March. Long delay is almost over..I hope.

Leave a comment:

• mnitetrain
    replied

Tracking from Detailed Image shows mine might be here Friday!!

Leave a comment:

• The Guz
    replied

Received my shipping confirmation from Autogeek. It will be here on Wednesday, 3/11.

Leave a comment:

• thedoc46
    replied

Originally posted by Michael Stoops View Post
    Given the current condition of your vehicles, it doesn't sound like you need to get very aggressive at all. This tool has a lot of torque so it can cut through all kinds of defects pretty rapidly. Generally speaking, when removing more severe defects you would select the DFC5 burgundy foam cutting disc with Ultimate Compound and run the tool at 5800opm on the dial. Step down to the yellow DFP5 polishing disc with Ultimate Polish at 4800opm, and finish off with Ultimate Wax on a DFF5 black foam disc at 3800opm.

Of course, that's sort of a "textbook" process. In your case, given the current state of the paint on your vehicles, you might want to give them a once over with M205 on the yellow disc at 4800opm to really maximize gloss and clarity. You shouldn't have to buff for very long as M205 does its thing pretty quickly.

As for those speed settings, you will notice that the tool has a max speed of 7500opm and you might be tempted to just crank 'er up and go for it. From experience I can tell you that I have never run this tool higher than 5800opm for any extended period of time, simply because I have not needed to. And that includes removing sanding marks from Mercedes ceramiclear paint using the microfiber pads and M100. This is one gutsy tool!
    Thanks Mike, appreciate the response.. Can't wait to receive my new MT300

Leave a comment:

• Michael Stoops
    replied

Originally posted by thedoc46 View Post
    So for when this arrives, what speed settings and pressure do you recommend for the following applications ?

Ultimate Compound
    Ultimate Polish
    Ultimate Wax

Am I better sticking with the Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Polish, or should I be looking at some of your other lines of polishing products such as Dual Action Cut Polish /M8332 and M10532

My cars include a brand new 2015 candy white Gti, that has no defects /swirls other than some bird stains on the hood, (about 5 of them) that i did actually take back to VW, and they had their pro's apparently use a rotary or possibly DA buffer and some compound, and a good 10mins of their time... However when I got home I noticed the stain / etching was still there, just not as obvious. In their defense, the sun was shining hard that day and with the car being white it was hard to see them under those conditions. This has me a little concerned, if they couldn't get it out, i'm thinking i may need to get more aggressive. Will the 'generic' ultimate compound be up to the job ?

My other car is a metallic maroon 2013 VW Tiguan, which has been very well looked after. As far as I can tell, there's only a very few hairline scratches here and there, where I perhaps used the wrong wash / dry media during my first initial 2yrs of ownership.. Good news was the car was never that dirty. Both cars were clay bar'd and waxed last weekend, and other than those defects that you'd really know where to look to see them, are otherwise perfect.
    Given the current condition of your vehicles, it doesn't sound like you need to get very aggressive at all. This tool has a lot of torque so it can cut through all kinds of defects pretty rapidly. Generally speaking, when removing more severe defects you would select the DFC5 burgundy foam cutting disc with Ultimate Compound and run the tool at 5800opm on the dial. Step down to the yellow DFP5 polishing disc with Ultimate Polish at 4800opm, and finish off with Ultimate Wax on a DFF5 black foam disc at 3800opm.

Of course, that's sort of a "textbook" process. In your case, given the current state of the paint on your vehicles, you might want to give them a once over with M205 on the yellow disc at 4800opm to really maximize gloss and clarity. You shouldn't have to buff for very long as M205 does its thing pretty quickly.

As for those speed settings, you will notice that the tool has a max speed of 7500opm and you might be tempted to just crank 'er up and go for it. From experience I can tell you that I have never run this tool higher than 5800opm for any extended period of time, simply because I have not needed to. And that includes removing sanding marks from Mercedes ceramiclear paint using the microfiber pads and M100. This is one gutsy tool!

Leave a comment:

• thedoc46
    replied

So for when this arrives, what speed settings and pressure do you recommend for the following applications ?

Ultimate Compound
    Ultimate Polish
    Ultimate Wax

Am I better sticking with the Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Polish, or should I be looking at some of your other lines of polishing products such as Dual Action Cut Polish /M8332 and M10532

My cars include a brand new 2015 candy white Gti, that has no defects /swirls other than some bird stains on the hood, (about 5 of them) that i did actually take back to VW, and they had their pro's apparently use a rotary or possibly DA buffer and some compound, and a good 10mins of their time... However when I got home I noticed the stain / etching was still there, just not as obvious. In their defense, the sun was shining hard that day and with the car being white it was hard to see them under those conditions. This has me a little concerned, if they couldn't get it out, i'm thinking i may need to get more aggressive. Will the 'generic' ultimate compound be up to the job ?

My other car is a metallic maroon 2013 VW Tiguan, which has been very well looked after. As far as I can tell, there's only a very few hairline scratches here and there, where I perhaps used the wrong wash / dry media during my first initial 2yrs of ownership.. Good news was the car was never that dirty. Both cars were clay bar'd and waxed last weekend, and other than those defects that you'd really know where to look to see them, are otherwise perfect.

Leave a comment:

• mnitetrain
    replied

LLooks like light at the end of the tunnel! No just the street at the end of my driveway.

Leave a comment:

• mohebmhanna
    replied

Thanks Mike - looking forward to use the new MT300 DA. Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Stoops
    replied

The first shipment of MT300s has hit our shores and will be leaving our distribution center in the next several days. Retailers who started taking pre orders in the past few months will have them in their facilities shortly after that. How long it then takes a given retailer to fulfill those backorders is something we have no control over, of course, but they are all usually very good at getting these orders out. We appreciate everyone's patience, but the wait is just about over.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');