• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ult. Polish/ Ult. Wax on Deep Sea Blue BMW X3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ult. Polish/ Ult. Wax on Deep Sea Blue BMW X3

Starting point:

Good wash was really needed. Foam gun with Meguiar's Super Soap was used.

The tools for exterior work:
    - Ultimate Polish,
    - Ultimate Liquid Wax,
    - Lake Country Hydrotech pads: Tangerine Polishing 5.5" (low profile) and 4", Crimson Finishing 5.5" (low profile) and 4",
    - Meguiar's G110v2 DA polisher.

Ultimate Polish:
    Extremely user friendly. Very similar to M205 Ultra Finishing Polish with little less cut but smells much better. Offers long buffing cycle, stays on paint surface for a long time before drying. Rich polishing oils, not quite like M07 Show Car Glaze, but close.

Ultimate Liquid Wax:
    Super easy to apply and wipe off. No streaking occured but the key is not to overdue it. Thin and uniform application is needed for best results. I checked the results after 12 hours and it looked even better than right after the application.

DA speeds:
    Ultimate Polish - 3.0 with tangerine polishing pad,
    Ultimate Liquid Wax - 2.5 with crimson finishing pad.
    For some reason I prefer speed 2.5 when applying wax with G110v2. Speed 3.0 feels a little too fast to me. I guess it's my personal thing.

Finishing point:

I recommend this combo (Ultimate Polish/ Ultimate Wax) for gloss restoration projects when there are no serious paint defects. Both products are very easy to work with.

Special Thank You goes to Porky (white, short haired German Sheppard) for providing security for the event (most of the event).

Re: Ult. Polish/ Ult. Wax on Deep Sea Blue BMW X3

Thanks for the review Greg! The detail came out great! Nice ride too!
    2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Greg,a double post. I guess thats aimed at me "Rappy get your VW done" . Also nice swirls on your dog . Joking aside I like Porky.

Comment

Sorry, guys. I doubled this thread by mistake.

I asked our Administrators to delete one. I didn't detail this car twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc08EX View Post
          Thanks for the review Greg! The detail came out great! Nice ride too!
          Thank you, Marc.

I really like UP for pumping some rich oils into the paint. It took me about 4 hours to complete everything with glass, tires, wheels and trims.

Comment

Originally posted by rapport25 View Post
            Greg,a double post. I guess thats aimed at me "Rappy get your VW done" . Also nice swirls on your dog . Joking aside I like Porky.
            Porky gets different detailing done when he gets "swirled up".

Meguiar's designed UP as a follow up after UC but of course it can be used separately (just like Pro version M105/ M205). For light defect removal UP will be enough but for serious stuff UC/ UP would be a better choice.

Comment

Originally posted by greg0303 View Post
              Thank you, Marc.

I really like UP for pumping some rich oils into the paint. It took me about 4 hours to complete everything with glass, tires, wheels and trims.
              What?!?! 4 hours?! How do you guys do it? It takes me 1.5 hours just washing the car lol! Let alone polishing it hehehe!

Please share your secret!

Comment

Originally posted by Marc08EX View Post
                What?!?! 4 hours?! How do you guys do it? It takes me 1.5 hours just washing the car lol! Let alone polishing it hehehe!

Please share your secret!
                No defect removal, Marc.

I had jobs when just compounding took me 4-8 hours and the whole 3-step correction with interior 2-3 days. You're right if there are problems in paint they slow you down big time.

Comment

Porky gets different detailing done when he gets "swirled up".

Meguiar's designed UP as a follow up after UC but of course it can be used separately (just like Pro version M105/ M205). For light defect removal UP will be enough but for serious stuff UC/ UP would be a better choice.
                  Totally agree . I will be going over the car with a fine tooth comb. If theres any signs of a scratch or swirl UC will be used prior to any polish.

Just curious do you follow it up with a wax like Gold Class Plus? Or do you feel the sealant is enough. I will be topping mine with a wax.

Rappy.

Joking aside my dogs get detailed via the Dyson vac espeacially the lab when he shedding his coat !!

Comment

You can use any of your favorite protection products on top of UP. It shouldn't be any bonding issue at all. Good idea to pre-tread some spots with UC.

Originally posted by rapport25 View Post
                    Joking aside my dogs get detailed via the Dyson vac espeacially the lab when he shedding his coat !!
                    I hope Porky doesn't read it. He's scared of vacuum cleaners.

Comment

Wow. Beautiful new X3 you have there Greg. Superb job on the detail. How do you feel about the new one compared to the old one?
                      Practice doesn't make perfect, the dedication to achieve perfection makes perfect. "Smack"
                      2011 Jet Black 328i Touring
                      2007 Jet Black 335i Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by smack View Post
                        Wow. Beautiful new X3 you have there Greg. Superb job on the detail. How do you feel about the new one compared to the old one?
                        Thank you, Mike.

I like that it offers much more room and comfort. The automatic transmission has 8 gears now to improve mileage. The car looks like X5's younger brother.

I wonder how X3's sales will hold up once X1 becomes available in the US. It may be a tough competition.

Comment

No defect removal, Marc.

I had jobs when just compounding took me 4-8 hours and the whole 3-step correction with interior 2-3 days. You're right if there are problems in paint they slow you down big time.
                          Greg,

Yeah but when you use M205 or UP, you still have to work in the product right? Nevertheless, that was really fast! Great job!

Comment

Nice job Greg!

I am really a fan of UP/UW combo. Delivers amazing gloss.
                            Tedrow's Detailing
                            845-642-1698
                            Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn T. View Post
                              Nice job Greg!

I am really a fan of UP/UW combo. Delivers amazing gloss.
                              Thank you, Shawn.

After your UP Review I knew what to expect from the product. I like UP/ UW combo too.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');