• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apollo Detailing: Full Correction Imola Red '05 BMW 330ci ZHP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Apollo Detailing: Full Correction Imola Red '05 BMW 330ci ZHP

Originally posted by Holden_Caulfield04 View Post
    Yes, Menz. I assume Megs would be fine in the sun. I think you may have better luck with the machine detailing sections.

Cheers
    I'm guessing you mean detailing a section at a time with the machine. Not sure though. I always polish in sections.

Andy
    Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
    Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Holden_Caulfield04 View Post
      Working in the sun is not recommended but I do so on occasion out of necessity. It's Spring here in Canada and the temperature was approximately 12-18 degrees Celsius, 54-64 degrees F. The day was partly cloudy so it wasn't extremely sunny.
      Oh come on... admit it, you still have SNOW on the ground and live in an igloo.*

When working in the sun, I have to work much harder to prevent water-spotting. I have to be fast and nimble and always have the hose running. The car was also washed in thirds (top, middle, bottom) rather than halfs as I normally do.
      The sun appears to have no effect on polishing.
      Can't remember by who, but I was once told (long ago) that washing in the sun was like having hundreds of magnifying glasses on your paint. I stuck!!! LOL

I think it is great to be open to new ideas and products.
      Yeah, that is what I think also (I'm currently in the middle of an experiment between Poorboys Wheel Sealant and NXT 2.0 on my rims). I think the one very important factor you must look at when comparing products is not just the performance (which is obviously tops) but also performance vs. price. Based upon my tests, I've never seen any product approach Meg's stuff in this area.

I'm sure there are TONS of good products out there (I think Zymol has a $36,000 wax) but the question is, is it 2500 times better than NXT? I've got to be honest with you, I have a few products I prefer over the comparable Meg's stuff, but by in large, I think Meg's is second to none.

* Born and raised in the Great White North, but transplanted South so I hope you get the joke!
      ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

Menzerna makes some good polishes, but I find I can get at least equal results with Meguiars (#105 flat blows away every other heavy compound I've used) at a much lower price. Meguiars polishes are less finicky as well.
        Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by 101impala View Post
          Are you talking about the Menzerna you mentioned in this post or about Meguiars polishes. I only use Meg's polishes, and I have never tried them in the sun.

Andy
          101impala
          #83 DACP will work to an extent on hotter surfaces, #80 does not do so well.
          Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Chapman View Post
            Talk about a thread backfiring on you
            -
            Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Originally posted by Scottwax View Post
              Menzerna makes some good polishes, but I find I can get at least equal results with Meguiars (#105 flat blows away every other heavy compound I've used) at a much lower price. Meguiars polishes are less finicky as well.
              Use what works for you, right? FWIW the non-ceramiclear polishes that Menzerna produces are similar in cost to Megs products. I picked up some 1Z High Gloss Polish and Intensive Paste for less than $25 combined.
              We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.

Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');