• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 started by hand today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is factory paint on the Truck, the mustang's paint job however is horrible, with lots of defects that can't be fixed. It will look much better though. Thanks for the compliment.

Comment

Originally posted by RRaider
      It is factory paint on the Truck, the mustang's paint job however is horrible, with lots of defects that can't be fixed. It will look much better though. Thanks for the compliment.
      If I might chime in here for a few moments...

~~~~~~~~~

The above comment on the beginning condition of a car's finish and the hope and expectation for the end results, is where the term, taking a car's finish to its maximum potential came from.

If you're a car enthusiast, you don't' always start with a finish that has the potential for perfection, at the same time, you have an inner desire to take what you have and make it look it's best. This is known as taking a car's finish to it's maximum potential.

It won't always be perfect, in fact it often times won't even be close to perfect, but if you use the right products, good technique and add the human elements of care and passion, it will be the best it can be and for many of us, that's good enough.

Yeah a new paint job on a pet project car is something we all would like to have at one time or another, but often times that's not in the cards, at least not in the immediate future. So the next best thing is to take the finish you have to it's maximum potential.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread...

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Ok, tonight I did the drivers side door on the pickup. I washed, clayed, used the Deep Chrystal cleaner, Deep Chrystal Polish, M07 Show Car Glaze, then NXT wax. Wow, it's like glass. My arm is about to fall off though.....
        Too dark for pictures, I'll try to get some tomorrow.

Comment

Oh, and I know, you suggested using the M07 Show Car Glaze in place of the DC Polish but I figured since I was doing it by hand polishing it twice couldn't hurt and I could tell as I would do the second polish that it was making a difference.

Can I wash my microfiber rags in the washing machine?

Comment

Yes, you can wash the MF towels in the washing machine. I use Hot water with a cold rinse. Some like drying them in the dryer, but I prefer to let them air dry.

Tim
            Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Comment

wow, it sure looks a lot better. in the before picture, the door looks like as it were just primer. good job!

Comment

I can't wait to see the finished shots!
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');