• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2007 GMC Sierra (Hologram City!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2007 GMC Sierra (Hologram City!)

Originally posted by gto_don View Post
    WOW Bob....fantastic job on the GMC. That thing was hosed up big time. Nice job!!!
    I did Steve's Suburban about a week ago. Same thing. 110-112 and it took 3 days. Will post pics maybe next week.
    Thanks Don, I cant wait for pics of the Suburban!

Originally posted by Michael Stoops View Post
    Two incredible jobs there - an incredibly poor one and an incredibly fantastic one to fix the poor one!!

Nicely done.
    Thank you sir.

Originally posted by Woodie6250 View Post
    Excellent job and a great turnaround.

Although this may have been said in jest, I think working in a poorly lit area is one of the biggest reasons we see detailing nightmares like this. Under poor lighting conditions this GMC probably looked quite decent, but once viewed in full sunlight the true condition is revealed.
    Very true. He bought this truck in the evening and thats why he didnt notice the condition.

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
    Wow, nice job!

I can't believe how bad those holograms were...
    Me either !! Thank you.
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

Amazing Job Bob!

How the clear coat on these things?, I m detailing one on a couple of weeks and I'm wondering what I'm in for.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravi_1992 View Post
        Amazing Job Bob!

How the clear coat on these things?, I m detailing one on a couple of weeks and I'm wondering what I'm in for.
        It was very soft. I originally used 105/205 on a polishing pad and left a lot of holograms of my own. Once I stepped the 205 down to a black finishing pad it finished down very nicely.

Good luck and be sure to post some pics !
        Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

Sad to say what can one do when as the owner, you get the car back looking like what it did. At worst you can not pay the guy or get your money back or make him pay to get it fixed (GL with that.)

I did like the correction, and I hear you, on the chemical pad combo. I THINK due to using the highest cut stuff on a cutting pad was too much. Had you used something in the middle M80 (i think or M83) a mid level strength cut with the same pad could have delivered similar/same results.

Comment

Great job!! Lots of people like black vehicles since their flashy, but few know how to properly take care of them. The owner of this truck should be thrilled now.
            Brad Mower
            SLC, UT

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');