• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

m21 vs nxt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m21 vs nxt

forgive me if this has been discussed... but how do they compare to each other? before i decide to take the leap and have to purchase a 1/2 gallon, i would like to know so i can use off all my nxt. thanks peeps!

For my understanding, Nxt is mostly meant for appilcatation by hand. When used with DA, it can become gummy a bit easier. The #21 is the same idea as NXT, but meant for easier application with the DA.

That said, the NXt doesnt seem too hard the folks outthere to apply with the DA. But thats the idea to my understanding.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

You don't need to buy a 1/2 gallon, http://www.autodetailingsolutions.com/ has smaller bottles. Here's my take on both from my experience and what's been said on the forum. My experience first, NXT is easier to take off, #21 did streak a little bit and was harder to remove. I've use the PC with NXT several times with no problem, #21 I applied by hand. They both produce an outstanding shine but from what I've heard, #21 lasts longer. I think if you want to do your car quickly and buy your product locally there's nothing wrong with NXT Tech Wax, it lasts long enough for me as I can easily go 3 months without waxing. Haven't had #21 long enough on my kid's car but she parks outside, mines in a garage at home and at work so if I get 3 months under those circumstance with #21 that would be great. I'm also experimenting with #16 on top of NXT. So far the shine is better than NXT alone on our 2 silver cars and it appears to be lasting longer as it beads more than NXT and the beading seems to go longer but NXT & #21 are not beading type waxes.

Comment

I'm an NXT user who tried #21 for the first time. My first observation when I opened the bottle of #21 was that there was a solid film formed over the opening. It had formed on the seal surface. I picked it out with my hand, it was translucent and very very solid. So it was the first indication that it was tough.

I decided to apply by hand this time. Took out my foam applicator and put on some #21. It's more watery than NXT. Since it is watery, a little bit on the foam can cover quite a few panels! And it goes on smooth, none of the grabby action of NXT liquid. Buffing was easy too. But the amazing thing was the look. NXT gave bright reflections. But with #21, the reflections were not that bright, but my dark blue paint looked darker! I've been using P21s carnauba over NXT for the deep look, and now I don't need to anymore with #21!

I'm in Australia, so NXT liquid wax is AU$40 for 473mL, and P21s carnauba is $54 for 175mL. I just paid AU$121 for 1.9L of #21 and it is by far much better value than getting NXT and P21s. Of course, I could get some other friends to share the cost of #21... but since I think I'm the only one crazy enough to go to Meg's Sydney distributor to spend AU$121, I want to keep #21 as my secret weapon.

Thanks to Mike and Mad iX for getting me to go contact the Meg's dristributor here. Otherwise I wouldn't have come upon such a "lovely" wax!

Comment

I just paid AU$121 for 1.9L of #21
          Here in Thailand they want 8000 Baht (AUD$286 / US$210) for the 1.9L #21! Luckily for me a mate was heading back to the 'States recently and picked it up for just USD$40 for me..

Meg's outrageously overpriced outside of the US of A!

Comment

Re: m21 vs nxt

Where did you buy a 64oz M21? I asked MGT and they're only willing to sell the 16oz to me?

Comment

Originally posted by ByronW View Post
              Where did you buy a 64oz M21? I asked MGT and they're only willing to sell the 16oz to me?
              I got mine from Megs USA - delivered to an American buddy who then flew it out to LOS for me.

I emailed info@meguiars.co.th for pricing on the M21 and some other stuff not listed on the TH website, but they only responded with the following:

M2164 SYNTHETIC SEALANT 8000 BATH

C2000 MILD DETAILING CLAY 1800 BAHT

(verbatim) - that was back on the 18th of May (2006) now though.

Comment

I've used both and prefer the M21. It is slightly "warmer" IMO and it's easier to work very thin coats. Both will give excellent results.

Comment

Which of the 2 will clean better?
                  Darren F

Comment

Originally posted by Darren F View Post
                    Which of the 2 will clean better?

They are both meant to be applied to a new or prepared(clay/clean/polish) surface. If you are looking to clean and wax in one step you need to look at a cleaner wax like Meguiar's Cleaner/Wax or #6 Cleaner/Wax.

What are you trying to accomplish?
                    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Darren,
                      besides the cleaner waxes, #20 has a decent amount of cleaning ability and good durability. As gb387 mentions, both NXT and 21 don't have much cleaning ability.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Weed View Post
                        Darren,
                        besides the cleaner waxes, #20 has a decent amount of cleaning ability and good durability. As gb387 mentions, both NXT and 21 don't have much cleaning ability.

Tom
                        Did not know that about 20. Making a list of goodies to get with the gift certificate.
                        MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Weed View Post
                          Darren,

Tom
                          a little OT: I didn't realize #20 had cleaners in it, never used it... is it considered a 'cleaner wax'? Does it compare to something like #6?
                          Brandon

Comment

I was just under the impression that NXT and #21 had some mild cleaners in them. I have read that if you put it on top of another product it will remove it or if you try and layer it it just removes the previous layer
                            Darren F

Comment

There are very very mild cleaners in NXT and I think #21, they are not intended to clean a surface like a cleaner wax will. I can not find the post that tells what the cleaners in the waxes are intended for, so someone else might chime in and give better detail.

You definitely are not going to remove a coat of wax #21 or NXT, they can be applied over eachother and the difference in looks shows. 2 coats are better than one!

We hear cleaners and and its assumed they are cleaner waxes but in fact they are not. Hope that helps!
                              Brandon

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');