• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Review of some of the new Versa-angle Brushes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review of some of the new Versa-angle Brushes!

Well I was lucky enough to be probably one of the first to get my hands on some of the new Versa-angle brushes in Meguiar’s new Golf Class line. I bought the Wide Body brush, the wheel face brush, and the tire brush. First off I have to say these are very high quality brushes and a very good value as well. The wide body brush was $15, the wheel face brush was $8, and the tire brush was $7.

The quality of the brushes is also outstanding. The Body brush is at least as soft if not softer to the touch than most any wash mitt you will find, and it has a larger surface area to work with than most. The wheel face brush is a tad bit more aggressive feeling, but nothing near anything that would cause any scratches. The tire brush is very ingenious using softer bristles at the outer edge so they won’t scratch your wheel’s face, and using stiffer bristles in the center to deliver effective tire scrubbing power.

So here are the brushes in their retail packaging:

The other very convenient thing about these brushes is that the handles all easily detach from the brushes with an easy press inward at two points, yet the design is so that they do not become accidentally detached while in use. And even better the handles are all interchangeable as well.

Here’s what I had to work with. Nothing too bad, though the car was driven in the rain a few days ago so as you can see there is some road dirt sprayed up on the side.

As advertised the wide body brush fits just perfectly in a standard 5 gallon bucket and leaves just enough play so I can rub it up against the grit guard insert in the bottom of the bucket to remove anything that would be stuck in the bristles, though given the design this happening in the first place would be unlikely.

The performance of the brush and the design actually far exceeded my expectations. Here you can see the brush in action. It holds at least as many suds, if not more than a regular wash mitt, and to make things even better, it does not spill them on the ground nearly as much right after dipping it in the wash bucket. This way you get more of your wash solution on to the car.

The wheel face brush also performs very well. Here you can see it being used on my factory coated polished aluminum wheels. Notice I have the handle reversed to make getting to the wheel face here where it is slightly recessed indo the body of the car.

Now notice the small slots in my wheels. They in the past have been a pain to get in to and thoroughly clean; not any more! The wheel face brush’s design is so that the bristles can get in to these tiny crevices, which traditionally I had to get down on my hands and knees with the edge of a wash mitt to properly clean.

And lastly I have the tire brush. Traditionally using a regular brush to clean tires required an extreme degree of care in order to not instill any scratches in the wheel face; however, with the new Versa-angle tire brush it’s taken care of. My tires were not particularly dirty, but the brush does a good job none the less. Here it is in action:

After cleaning the tires here you can see how the brush has become dirty.

The point is I came across a nice feature in the design that I was not expecting, they rinse clean. The brush I had been using in the past on wheels became black and has stayed black; no amount of rising would clear it. This one however quickly and easily rinsed to as clean as before I had used it.

Now for a few after shots; here is a wheel after being cleaned with the Versa-angle wheel brush.

And the whole car.

Overall I have to say I am very impressed. The brushes are awesome and I can’t wait to try out some of the other brushes in the near future. In particular I really like the idea of the wash brush. It made washing the car easier and quicker. For those of you with trucks and SUV’s this will also definitely make your life easier for washing those hard to reach roofs.

The designs on these brushes are also very good. The grip is very good, with good placement of a small recess for your thumb to go in to, plus the reversibility factor is also very nice. I also like the fact that the handles are interchangeable. Quite honestly I find the long handle on the wheel face brush to be too long for my application, so next time all I have to do is take the small handle off the tire brush and use it with the wheel face brush. And probably most importantly the body brush did not put any swirls in to my paint!
    Later,
    Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
    Auto Detailing Solutions

I really like the fact that you can change out the handles on the brushes or take them off. On the wheel brush I prefer it with the handle off it holds well in the palm of your hand.
    "Washing for the People"

Comment

Hi Ricky,

Thank you for your insightful review, you touched on many of the well thought out feature designs that went into not only these brushes, but into the entire new accessory line.

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Are these brushes meant to replace the old trusty wash mit then? I haven't seen these before...
        2003 Mach 1
        Azure Blue
        5 speed/IUP
        2007 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD Off-Road
        KY Horsepower

Comment

Great review!

How did you get these, since they are not available (at least not on the Meguiars online store)?
          -Bob
          NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

yeah dude!

where did you get them?
            2001 Vortex Blue New Beetle

Comment

The Meguiar's truck at the Barret Jackson car auction last week had them. I talked to Jose Torres, and he said they had most of them but sold out of some of the others before they made it to Arizona. So they're there, I think someone in another post said someone was selling a set of them on eBay already as well.

They're comming, and they're well worth the wait!
              Later,
              Ricky

Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by Paulvr4
                yeah dude!

where did you get them?
                I am selling some six pack sets of the brushes on E-bay, I was lucky enough to get some early through my local distributor and I thought it would be good for people to get them early. Please go to the e-bay motors and search Meguiar's and they should come up.
                "Washing for the People"

Comment

So, the wide-body brush doesn't scratch the paint? How can that happen? I'm open with the idea of using the brush but I'm just afraid to put swirls.. lol
                  2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

There are good car wash brushes that won't scratch paint, but they are extremely hard to find!

But it looks like we found some here. I can't wait to try these!

RamAirV1
                    2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                    2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Bri, I was very skeptical myself at first, but after washing the car with the brush there were no swirls there that wern't there before I began. Plus if you think about it a brush would be less likely to retain any dirt particle in the bristles that could be dragged across the paint. The body brush is extremely soft to the feel.
                      Later,
                      Ricky

Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

I will test the body brush tomorrow and see how it works, it does point out on the instructions the importance of the 2 bucket method when using the brush. Of course if you have a grit guard that would be helpful also.
                        "Washing for the People"

Comment

The 2 bucket method is mandatory for any wash method, especially at this time of year with salt, sand, cinders etc, all over the sides of the car.

It's a good idea to recommend that on the packaging. Nobody else does that I know of.

RamAirV1
                          2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                          2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

I have one bucket that I got at the Container store and it has a nice grit guard on the bottom, so I just wipe my MF mit on it and wash it off with the hose periodically. I should get one of those split buckets that has 2 compartments, that would be ideal.
                            "Washing for the People"

Comment

Thanks Autonova for the brushes...

so I got to experience some 40 degree weather here in the eastcoast.

my rims have been painted white - and boy were they dirty:

Here are the tools - I will just focus on the wheel/tire brushes.

The wheel face brush rocks! I used it with all wheel cleaner and as you can see - most of the dirt came off with only that 1 brush...
                              I had to use the special spoke brush to get into the areas - but notice the 7 o'clock area - super clean! It's a great combo.

FINAL OUTCOME!

I must admit - the wheel brushes make life easier... - But I think like many - the long wheel brush is too long, just use the shorter one that comes with the tire brush...

Here is the rest of my car - NXT was last put on in Sept - it's holding up very well...I use the smaller body brush - it's very very good- especially in the colder weather I can't wait to get the extra wide one.

gotta love Meguiar's!

2001 Vortex Blue New Beetle

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');