• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Correct way to apply NXT Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Correct way to apply NXT Wax

Originally posted by Zet View Post
    Before applying any wax, you need to aquire a compass and position the car so it is facing north. Then you need to apply the wax with strokes going from north -> south, not the other way. After each panel you need to turn yourself round and round in a circular motion, until you feel really dizzy, and then you need to read this: Circles or Straight Lines?

Way to funny!
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Get a PC...it does all the work for you.
      2016 Focus ST

Comment

the way the video shows, it looked like the nxt filled in thee swirls, or was I seeing things

Comment

Originally posted by hammer55 View Post
          the way the video shows, it looked like the nxt filled in thee swirls, or was I seeing things
          I think that is exactally what is happening.
          You left out licking the water off. Oh, wait a minute, that's my cat, not my car. Uh, I mean my cat licks himself dry. I don't lick my cat dry. Or my car. -PC.

Comment

Originally posted by sneek View Post
            you can do both but working it in well will push the wax into the pores of the paint
            I don't think so. I may be wrong, but I don't think on a clearcoat/base coat the wax will do anything but sit on the clearcoat. I know it is almost impossible to take scratches out of some clear, like on my C6 Corvette, as it is so hard. Polish, maybe, but I don't think NXT can be worked in. Any experts know?

Comment

Anything that is applied to a surface, and is meant to be left behind, will fill in any unevenness on the surface..

Now, whether is actualy makes these swirls less visable is another story, and I think Nxt advertsies that it can make swirls a bit less visable.
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by rascal View Post
                Get a PC...it does all the work for you.
                exactly, even though applying it by hand is fine as well. with the g100, you get even coverage/pressure onto the finish and your hand doesn't get tired...

Comment

Originally posted by whiterock1 View Post
                  I don't think so. I may be wrong, but I don't think on a clearcoat/base coat the wax will do anything but sit on the clearcoat. I know it is almost impossible to take scratches out of some clear, like on my C6 Corvette, as it is so hard. Polish, maybe, but I don't think NXT can be worked in. Any experts know?
                  I tend to agree with sneek. I think clear coat is slightly porous on a microscopic level, therefore the NXT Wax can be worked in to some extent...

...Mike?
                  Originally posted by Blueline
                  I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

When applying with a PC, do you guys use the same method as polishing, except at a slower speed? In other words, do you spread the product first (speed 2), then do overlapping passes in both directions (speed 4)? Or do you quickly spread the product and just wait for it to haze before removing it?

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');