• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Porter Cable Package Deal for members of Meguiar's Online!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 2000
    sounds like somebodys grounded!
    If he were grounded for that he would never be ungrounded. I have gotten used to him burning the candle at both ends.

I want him to get it done too so I can see more and less about the package deals.

Lynn
    Lynn Matthews

Comment

• Well I must say I am very glad Mike told us about the package deal early and asked us for our input. He didn't have to do that, probably wishes he didn't now. It doesn't get much better than that. I was ready to order when he told us and I decided to wait, I don't think I will be sorry. Right now we know we have a choice of three deals, free shipping, and all the knowledge we can get from Mike and others, FOR FREE. It is said that good things come to those who wait. Be patience, the deals are going to be great, you are going to save alot of money, and have all your questions answered. In the future you will see detail days all over the U.S. and everyone will be happy. There will be more and less for everyone.
      That's how I feel, thanks for listening.
      Mark
      2005 Trailblazer LT Majestic Red Metallic
      AutoGeek's 6th Annual Detail Fest & Car Show
      1st Place-Best Overall Detail
      3rd Place-Best of Show
      March 26th, 2011

Comment

• I can't wait, I can feel it coming soon...I hope

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusty Bumper
          My latest order was short one item, so I called the rep and reported it, and he fixed the problem...I wanted to order one more item since I knew the shipping would be free, and the rep just gave it to me for free!

Can't beat that!
          Way off subject, but it sounds like the reps at Meg's are like the guys working for Harmon Kardon... I had some trouble with one of my Infinity home speakers a few months back. After getting what I'd call the run-around from the retailer I bought them from, I called the Harmon Kardon rep myself...a replacement speaker was there the next morning by 8am. I wasn't even awake yet.

Just trying to pass along good customer service of any kind.

"If you treat your customers well, the word will spread. If you treat your customers poorly, the word will spread."

Just spreading the word.
          Lew

"...will separate aircraft for food"

My Mercedes Benz S600

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark McGuire
            Well I must say I am very glad Mike told us about the package deal early and asked us for our input. He didn't have to do that, probably wishes he didn't now.
            Hi Mark, (and everyone else in this thread),

In hindsight, I should have put the package deal together and then posted the thread, but that wouldn't work either.

To put together a package deal, all of the items must be listed with their part numbers and prices.

Things like shipping, a shipping box, that will hold all the items, labor to put the items into the box, a forecast for how many kits will be needed, and so many other things need to be addressed before making the offer.

You see, I just thought it would be simple, but behind the scenes, a lot of other wheels are put into motion.

I couldn't really ask for input after putting the packages together because all of the items in each kit must be included when the kit can be figured out.

What a mess I created. I apologize.

I'm suppose to hear something tomorrow.

Mike
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

• Mike, no need to apologize, your doing a good thing. I waited to get out of school, to get out of service, for the perfect woman, for first child, waiting for a PC is a drop in the hat. Keep up the great work.
              2005 Trailblazer LT Majestic Red Metallic
              AutoGeek's 6th Annual Detail Fest & Car Show
              1st Place-Best Overall Detail
              3rd Place-Best of Show
              March 26th, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark McGuire
                Mike, no need to apologize, your doing a good thing. I waited to get out of school, to get out of service, for the perfect woman, for first child, waiting for a PC is a drop in the hat. Keep up the great work.
                well said.

except you forgot to mention waiting for first child to listen to what dad says to do!
                2019 GMC Sierra
                1500 AT4

Comment

• My finger is poised above the buy button.

Thanks, Mike.

Here are a couple of suggestion for consideration on any future on-line member offers.

Why not just do a fixed % discount weekend for on-line member orders or maybe a free shipping weekend offer. Perhaps even an inventory clearance offer on overstocked or end of life items. I think these types of specials would require a lot less decision and packaging efforts, would be less costly to implement and could be turned on and off as deemed appropriate by management.

I have to give you and Meguiar's a lot of credit. You recognize that we are passionate about our shiny vehicles and the products that keep them that way. You recognize that we, your customers, are your strongest asset. You treat us with respect and give us service that goes well beyond what would be considered normal. You make us into Raving Fans by delivering excellent products and services in an excellent way. You are the leaders of the Meguiar's cult. I'm happy to be a member of that cult. I wear my 4 year old Meg's cap with pride. As you can see, we are your best advertising.

A big thanks to you Mike and to the whole Meguiar's team.
                  Jim
                  My Gallery

Comment

• No need to feel bad Mike -- your doing a good thing and we are greatful for your efferts. Just think how popular you'll be once we have this in our hot little hands.

Comment

• As stated in an earlier post some time ago "Anything that isn't worth waiting for isn't worth having".
                      "NOW IS THE TIME"

Comment

• Hey...a company that actually listens to something...that in itself is amazing.

Keep up the good work Mike! Thanks for listening to our suggestions for the packages.

They will be out soon and everyone will be and stop

Comment

• The longer the wait, the more I am second guessing myself. I am probably an amateur compared to the rest of you but I love my cars none the less. I have an affinity for black porsches and the love-hate relationship I share with their paint! I love the feel and appearance of the cars after a good, i.e. expensive detailing that includes an orbital applied polish followed by a hand wax. This is something I'd like to be able to do on my own. I generally wash the cars about 3x a month and wax every 2 mos. However, my feats are no match for a professional detail with the polishing step. I can only imagine the feeling of satisfaction after spending a few hours on a weekend day to yield the same results as one of these professionals. However, I fear I may permanently mar my black paint. I do have a silver car that I plan to do first with the new PC to make sure I can do this.

Is the PC something I can master or should I leave this up to the pros? I REALLY like to do all my own maintenance and work - just something about taking care of your own car that I think all of you understand.

thanks
                          frank
                          Frank
                          '03 996 C2 Aero Blk/Blk
                          '03 986S Aero Blk/GG/Blk
                          '03 325ia PP/SP Titanium

Comment

• Originally posted by fomcgehee4
                            Is the PC something I can master or should I leave this up to the pros? I REALLY like to do all my own maintenance and work - just something about taking care of your own car that I think all of you understand.
                            Frank, I bought my PC about a month ago because I just couldn't stand waiting anymore for this deal I was also somewhat concerned that I'd "mess up" my paint on my new Mach 1 Mustang. You have nothing to be worried about! As long as you clean the car well (I will never buy anything but NXT wash after trying it) and use clean MF towels & the PC polishing pads, you should be happy with the results. I think the trickiest part is figuring which products in the cleaner, polish, and wax lineup give you the results YOU are wanting.

Don't fear the PC, you'll never go back to waxing by hand!!
                            2003 Mach 1
                            Azure Blue
                            5 speed/IUP
                            2007 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD Off-Road
                            KY Horsepower

Comment

• Originally posted by MattN03
                              Don't fear the PC, you'll never go back to waxing by hand!!
                              Thanks for the encouragement Matt - but I will ALWAYS apply wax by hand and just use the PC for the polishing step.
                              Frank
                              '03 996 C2 Aero Blk/Blk
                              '03 986S Aero Blk/GG/Blk
                              '03 325ia PP/SP Titanium

Comment

• I think it is almost impossible to hurt your paint with a PC, once you use one you will NEVER go back, forget waxing by hand, use your PC, wipe clean with a MicroFiber

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');