• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smaller pads!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Smaller pads!

I've tried Edge 2000 pads as well (6.5" size) and also did not care for them. Nice concept of a double-sided pad, but I don't like the feel of the paired pad/backing plate.
    -Mike

Comment

I would like to see some 4" pads as well. I currently use the LCC pads, but I don't really care for all the little pockets/dimples they have.
      Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Apparently Megs used to sell a 5.5" foam polishing pad with a built in backing plate. You can get them on Amazon, part number W5500.

I'd also like to see some smaller pads.....and UQW in gallon form
        NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

I use the spot buff pads from Lake Country and they work very good on bumpers and doorstyles. meg's should def make some!

Comment

I don't know if I need 'em or not, but I'd probably buy a couple of Meguiar's made them.
            Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
            --Al Kimel

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
              I don't know if I need 'em or not, but I'd probably buy a couple of Meguiar's made them.
              I never used to "get" why the 5.5 and 3.4/4 inch pads were so talked about, that is, until I used one. I didn't want to go back to a full size pad. On the rotary it is amazing how easy it is to control and get into nooks and crannies.

On a DA it offers more aggressive cutting, making a G110 even more viable as a correction tool. One can only hope...

Comment

Originally posted by Jokeman View Post
                Since you are introducing the 2.0 line of pads, why not make some 4 inch or 4.5 inch spot pads? Im sure there would be a great market for them

Diddo! On this suggestion.
                Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

Comment

One of the ways you can get more cut with the DA is by using a larger backing plate.

With a normal backing plate, there is a section of the pad that is not covered by the plate. This area is not supported and can lessen the cut.

If you look at the size of the backing plate that people use with the 4" pads, you will notice that the packing plate provides almost total coverage across the pad. This is one of the reasons that some can get more cut out of the smaller pads.

The new W68DA backing plate addresses this issue by offering a larger plate to support the pad and offer better cut.
                  Chris
                  Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

I saw that Kevin Brown uses the larger backing plate (for 8" pads) when using the 6" pads. I tried it and love it when using the rotary.

I had 8" pads but cut them down to 6" as when I bought them I thought they should be for the rotary. I cut a couple of my 8" pads a little smaller than 6" by accident and they are my go to for initial cut with a larger backing plate with rotary and when I use my PC

Kevin said "Just need a cookie cutter and a hammer, wham wham wham"
                    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

I will take a dozen 3" Please

Comment

Originally posted by SHYNEMAN123 View Post
                        I will take a dozen 3" Please[/IMG]
                        PM me if you are serious.

Comment

Originally posted by ZoranC View Post
                          PM me if you are serious.

Just a friendly reminder and thank you for clarify with me via e-mail Zoran.

Forum Rules

12. No Commercial sales or samples from competing companies. One post trying to hawk your wares and you will have banned yourself permanently.
                          Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

With a DA, the smaller the pad, the greater the cut. Physics.
                            If you have only used 6.5 pads, try a 5.5 low pro pad and watch it.

It's like a mini rotary!
                            www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');