• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legal question about Pictures on the Internet? - Watermark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Legal question, can anyone answer this?

OK allow me to remove the foot from my mouth!!!

I received a very nice email from Kate Carr, the current editor of the Pro carwashing and detailing magazine.

She reminded me that I DID INDEED SEND THEM THE PIC to use with the mobile vs fixed detailer story.

I am embarrassed that I forgot I sent the pic and that I made a stink about this. I apologize to Mrs. Carr, to PC&D magazine and to Mr. (Bud) Abraham and ask for their forgiveness.
    Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Yah like everyone else said, as long as it is your work, it is your property. You could take legal action if you wanted to. Just because someone posts pictures here doesnt mean that its now copyright by MOL unless it says it in the TOS when you sign up. Many photoshop tutorial forums have that kind of policy.
      2005 Toyota Camry LE Phantom Grey Pearl
      2001 Toyota Corolla LE Silverstream Opalescent
      1996 Lexus ES300 Ruby Pearl

Comment

If nothing else, I never knew there was a Pro Carwashing and Detailing magazine. I just signed up for a subscription. So this thread at least raised there subscription number.

Glad to hear it all worked out. What's that saying about the memory going? Oh well, I don't remember.
        Scott

Comment

A carefully worded "cease and desist" on attorney letterhead should put a stop to someone using your pictures on their site.
          Trust me...Your patience will be rewarded...

Comment

Re: Legal question about Pictures on the Internet? - Watermark

Moved to "Hot Topics", good information on photos and watermarking.

Thanks Joe and everyone else.
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: Legal question about Pictures on the Internet? - Watermark

***Update***

We now have a dedicated forum for "how-to" articles on things like watermarking a photos

Forum related how-to articles

And we now have an article on how to create a watermark for your photos.

How to add a watermark to your pictures

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');