• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spray bottle rack - take a look!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spray bottle rack - take a look!

Wouldn't this have worked, or are the holes too small? genuinehotrod.com/PartDetail.asp?PartId=5885

[edited for commercial link; 2hotford]
    Leo

Comment

Sounds like some people have been doing their research. I didn't use anything to fasten the bottom of the rack because the design I was replicating didn't. I made sure to use thick enough aluminum to be able to support the weight of a full rack. I haven't had any problems with sagging yet.

I thought the angle of the rack would make the holes effectively smaller but wasn't smart enough to figure up how much it would affect it. I'm happy with the outcome and have plenty of clearance. I wouldn't want the holes any larger. I think even a quarter of an inch larger would look funny given the bottles that I'm using.

Keep working on these guys and gals. The best part about all this is that everyone should be able to come up with a rack using the perfect material, sizing, and design features that suits their individual needs to a 't'. And don't forget to post pictures when you're done. I never get tired of drooling!!
      A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Hey Leo. That's the same design we're all working with. That's a perfect example of how you can make small changes to have a custom rack that fits your needs. Good find!!

For what we're trying to accomplish, those holes would be too small.
        A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

I hope to find something in the next couple weeks, just been very busy at work. I really hoping I can find someone for a reasonable price.
          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

those would look nice on a roller cart.

Good show

Aaron
            Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

the thing with that rack is that its too high up the bottle so you won't see the label on the Detailer Line spray bottles. that's the key.

.125 i reckon was right on. its fits and gives some room. by the time i go put some clear tape (the stuff they use on door to prevent scratches - can be picked up at Crappy Tire or Parts Source) or some black rubber it'll fit perfect and won't have to worry about scratches on the bottles or cutting the fingers accidentally.

and plus, its the same reason i'm in detailing, because i'm doing it all by hand as opposed to buying it (the service or rack)

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
                Yes i used AutoCad. Release 2000, we are old school here at work. My last job I had 2004 & 2006. I like the newer versions much better. Do you CAD?
                Yes I CAD. I use release 2000i also. I've never used any of the newer ones, but I have diddled around in release 14 a little. I really like 2000i, but probably if I used 2004 or 2006 I would like them better.
                Lydia's Mobile Detailing
                Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
                2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');