• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Endurance tire dressing applicator tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endurance tire dressing applicator tip

First of all, this tip occurred to me during my “morning coffee” while trying to wake up at work earlier today. Not sure if someone have already came up this idea and I haven’t tried it yet. But I hope will work.
    Some people complain about how messy it is when applying Endurance tire gel on the tires. Some uses a tire dressing applicator while other uses an old rag or wax applicator. While a tire dressing applicator works fine, overtime the dressing tends to transfer to the grip area. At the end the hands may ended up with some dressing.

Here is the idea.
    With an old liquid shoe polish applicator like this one (see picture), pop the rubber tip that has a small foam molded into it. Wash the container and the tip with some soap and warm water until the remainder shoe polish is gone. Let it dry overnight. Refill it with the Endurance tire gel. Replace the tip and prime the tip by pushing the tip on a newspaper. Once the tip is primed, apply to the tires. When done, simply replace the cap. No mess, no fuss!

The drawbacks as far I can think off:
    Using it on a high sidewall tires will require several passes.
    The foam on the tip might not be as durable since is a fairly low density foam. Perhaps a higher density foam can be glued on the rubber tip by using contact cement.
    Comments?

Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!

great idea!!

too lazy to use you system i bought 2 EO tire dressing applicators for $2.50
    Patrick Yu
    2003 Honda Accord
    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Thanks Sneek,
      Today after thought something else in the line. You can use the same idea for Gold Class Exterior trim dessing as well. I think with the GC trim dressing will work better since most of the trims are small enough for the applicator.
      Cheers

Comment

Great idea! Works very good for applying#40 dressing

Comment

I got this tip from someone on another forum (hi Maxy!). Put the applicator in a zip type sandwich bag, with the part that touches the tire facing the open end of the bag. Now grab the hand grip through the bag, and roll the bag back to expose the applicator. Dress the tire, then roll the bag back up, zip it closed, and the tires are dressed, your hand is clean, and the applicator is protected and non-messy until the next time.

Comment

i've been using the eo tire dressing applicator for alittle while now -- i'm pretty satisfied with the results when using this applicator -- two things i'd like to suggest -- 1. use plastic gloves -- keeps my hands clean -- 2. i store my applicator in a piece of aluminum foil -- i place it spongeside down in the foil -- then wrapped it -- after each use i place it back in the same exact spot of the foil -- never getting tire dressing on the hand grip -- works for me --

Comment

Sorry for not posting lately since I am pretty busy at work. The aluminum foil and the sandwich bag seems that will work great. I have been storing my applicator in a sandwich bag gut I was doing it the other way around. So at the end, everytime I take it out I get dressing all over my hand.

Comment

I use a high-tech applicator and wash it with some dishsoap after every use. No mess that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Setec Astronomy
                  I got this tip from someone on another forum (hi Maxy!). Put the applicator in a zip type sandwich bag, with the part that touches the tire facing the open end of the bag. Now grab the hand grip through the bag, and roll the bag back to expose the applicator. Dress the tire, then roll the bag back up, zip it closed, and the tires are dressed, your hand is clean, and the applicator is protected and non-messy until the next time.
                  I like this, I use paper towels (they work ok) now but I am going to give this a try sounds like the way to go.
                  Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                  Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Im not sure if you guys have ever heard of this one, its kind of old, they make a scrubber for washing dishes that has a sponge on the end and holds soap in the handle, instead of soap use your tire dressing or whatever in it. It works great.

Big J
                    2003 Ford F-150 Harley Davidson 100th Anniv. Ed

Comment

I will have to go get one of those.
                      "I am good at many things, but I am not great at anything"
                      Michael Maduske-2006

For Crazy MCM Motorsports Movies, Visit:
                      www.mcmmotorsports.com

Comment

tried the dish brush. The tire gel was to thick to go through the sponge. Tried another with #40 trim dressing. Works great
                        Thanks Fox

Comment

I bought a box full of the rubber gloves that medical people use and put one on before picking up the foam applicator. A box will last forever.

Somebody suggested a paint brush. This worked, but seemed to put more product on an resulted in throw and some runniness.

Comment

Re: Endurance tire dressing applicator tip

Originally posted by TX Harley Guy View Post
                            Im not sure if you guys have ever heard of this one, its kind of old, they make a scrubber for washing dishes that has a sponge on the end and holds soap in the handle, instead of soap use your tire dressing or whatever in it. It works great.

Big J
                            I am about to try that with Insane Shine. Since it is more of a liquid than a gel, it should work great. I'm going to prime the sponge first, then put more in the handle. If nothing else, it will keep the dressing off my hands!

RamAirV1
                            2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                            2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Re: Endurance tire dressing applicator tip

yes I stated the foam brush in the last thread. Works like a charm. I would recommend aplying that first and make it nice and wet dont be shy with the product cause then u have time to detail the car and has time to dry and stay on longer then usual. Its better so that the dressing wont fling eveywhere. Just an idea
                              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...6868/Mycar.gif

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');