• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Junkman's, The Mother of All "How to Fix Your Paint for Novices" Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Junkman's, The Mother of All "How to Fix Your Paint for Novices" Thread!

Thanks for watching and chiming in.
    "Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."

Comment

I had not realized that you were on these forums until I saw this thread bumped. I always enjoyed watching you on youtube. Thanks for the videos. How's the vette?

Comment

Originally posted by GhOsT1321 View Post
        I had not realized that you were on these forums until I saw this thread bumped. I always enjoyed watching you on youtube. Thanks for the videos. How's the vette?
        I'm keeping it in the winner's circle.

Getting ready to prep and repaint the front fascia as I do every year. When you drive it like I do and as much as I do, you're gonna pick up a rock chip or 50.

Comment

Sweet looking Vette. What year is that?
          Originally posted by Blueline
          I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Thanks! It's a 2001, but I have done a few cosmetic modifications that are significantly different from stock. Inside and out.

Comment

Nice "cosmetic modification" lol...
              Originally posted by Blueline
              I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Junkman-

Good to hear your voice again.

I've watched this particular set of your videos 2 or 3 times in the past couple of months. I'm getting ready to watch them again.

I've also watched most of your other videos on youtube. I've watched the bird poop videos a couple of times.

Semper Fi

'68-'74

Good to hear your voice again.

Comment

Back at cha' bro'... Semper Fi.

Comment

Bump for the noobs over the Christmas holidays. Merry Christmas to all!

Comment

Happy Holiday boys and girls.

Thanks Junkman for your vast library of videos. Look forward to another productive year of your work.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      David

Comment

Those were great videos with lots of useful info and tips, thank u very much!
                        Adam Detailing Israel

Comment

Thanks for watching.

Comment

is that the vette in the video you made proving it is next to impossible to burn paint with a DA?
                            you make some very good,detailed videos. some people ,like me, learn better from watchig and hearing than reading. unfortunatley, i racked my brain reading a lot before finding your videos.
                            your time and effort are greatly appreciated.

Comment

Yes, that is the same Vette. I, like you learn also from seeing. Reading a wall of words will do nothing but put me to sleep. Plus, as you have already found out, there are 5000 different opinions for every subject so you don't know what to believe. I feel that showing people something that they can see with their eyes brings more credibility to anything I claim. That's why I go out of my way (i.e. dancing on my hood), to prove my point. That way, you KNOW my opinion has a solid foundation and merit.

Comment

Awesome video. You are both funny and educational.
                                Thanks a lot!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');