• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bissell 1425-1 Little Green ProHeat Wet/Dry Vacuum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all sorts of dirt and food (drinks) end up under and by the seats . so it is really important to take the seats out whenever its feasable.
    see ya
    michael c
    myspace email me here carspainc@gmail.com

Comment

Be careful when taking seats out of cars especially with newer models which may have airbags in the seat. Take precautions or you my injury yourself or have large bill for replacement.

Eric
      Last edited by Teak; Feb 9, 2005, 02:25 AM.
      Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

Removing seats is also a liability issue, as is removing/replacing baby/child car seats.
        I want 4" Softbuff pads!

Comment

Originally posted by gbackus
          Removing seats is also a liability issue, as is removing/replacing baby/child car seats.
          I agree with you. A good example of this when I removed the front passenger seat to clean mystery stain, I forgot to label the bolts (I had a bonehead moment) and attempt to find the right under, but damaged a couple. So I had to have the bolts replaced by the service department so the seat would be properly secured to the car. Did I learn from my mistake, you bet. If the seat bolts are properly not torqued or the seat bolts are on the wrong holes, this could lead to injury of vehicle occupants and potential legal action. I would remove seats which are removed such as those in mini-vans, vans and suv's. Removing and replacing seats if done in properly coould lead to customer complaints about rattles, squeaks or seat movement. I am sure when done proplery by properly trained professionals using standard industry practices and methods 99.9% of the time there is no problems.
          For child seats, what if the client/customer removes and replaces before and after detailing?

Removing seats all comes down to the following factors and probably others, your comfort level, training, focus of your business, services offered by business, limitions set forth liability/insurance coverage.

Eric
          Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

fyi -

i ran into the bissell little green proheat for $69.99 at Kohls. i was considering getting it - but i passed due to the fact that others mention it being too wet.

oh well - back to shop vac we go.

=0)
            2001 Vortex Blue New Beetle

Comment

Hey Paulvr4,

They can leave the fabric and carpet a little wet but I give it a couple of runs over to **** up the excess water and have had no major issues with it, they are not awesome but they do come in very handy and you do get the dirt out as opposed to scrubbing it in. Sometimes I am amazed at the dirty water going up the clear nozel.
              I got one untill I can afford one of the more serious machines, hopefully soon! I guess my main point is that you get some pretty good bang for your buck especially because it is heated. When I worked at a dealership they had a proffesional carpet extractor but it wasn't heated so in some ways it did a pooer job than the Green Machine, there were many times when I would drive the car out and see shadows of stains still there in the sunlight.........

the main thing is not to soak any carpet and fabric unless you need to, to get the stain out and you will find it dries pretty fast. My shop is heated and by the time I drive the car out (if shampooing I start the drivers seat ASAP, to give it the longest drying time) the seats are just moist to the touch and sometimes 95% dry depending on how long the job was
              Sometimes the facts are just other peoples opinions....! ha!

Comment

I picked up one - with the turbo head.

Do you guys use the detergent with it or just hot water mixed with some apc or carpet cleaner that you sprayed on? Let me know. It came with some detergent/shampoo but i'm hesitant on using it. thoughts?

thanks!
                2001 Vortex Blue New Beetle

Comment

Re: Bissell 1425-1 Little Green ProHeat Wet/Dry Vacuum

Anyone have before and after pics of floor mats? One of my rear floor mats has dried up pop stains on half of it because the crappy all weather mats slipped all the way under the seat. So half the floor mat looks brand new (light grey in color) and the other half is dark brown. Any chance I can get it clean or should I head over to the dealer to pick up new mats?
                  2005 Toyota Camry LE Phantom Grey Pearl
                  2001 Toyota Corolla LE Silverstream Opalescent
                  1996 Lexus ES300 Ruby Pearl

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');