• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ferrari F40 hatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ferrari F40 hatch

Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post
    The car maybe fast and a Ferrari and all that but I wasn't impressed by the fit and finish. The interior was very sparse and crude. It was a straight up race car and not much of a work of art like other cars are.

That is very true. I guess that's kind of why I like it so much. Just like the Mustang Cobra R's, they were a track car straight out of the box.

Comment

i hear the paint is so thin that you could actually see the pattern of the carbon fiber panels

Comment

Originally posted by Garage Troll View Post
        That is very true. I guess that's kind of why I like it so much. Just like the Mustang Cobra R's, they were a track car straight out of the box.
        I agree 100%! If you look in the NACA ducts on the sides you can see paint lines because the paint was brushed on (yes, with a paint brush). These are my favorite Ferrari's in the world, bar none! I love every single part about the car and I have been lucky enough to have done 80 mph burn outs and donuts in the snow in them.

Originally posted by benhui86 View Post
        i hear the paint is so thin that you could actually see the pattern of the carbon fiber panels
        This depends on the years of the cars. On the roofs of the earlier cars you can see the weave clearly, although the later cars appear pretty smooth. I believe it is actually carbon-kevlar vs. carbon fiber.
        Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');