• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One Huge Detail Job Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Huge Detail Job Video

Amazing job. All the aircrafts look just perfect. What were the products you used?
    If you think it it's expensive to hire a professional,
    hire an amateur first.
    King of the Mustang louvers

Comment

Amazing job! How much product did it take to do those?
      If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

As for time, we had a total of 1,200 man-hours. At one point, we had sixteen techs working on the job but averaged around ten techs on the scene daily so it was a ton of work!

Over 20 gallons of sealers were used, just under three gallons of metal polish, 1,055 terry towels, 950 microfiber towels, a dozen high speed polishers, fifteen DA units and two Cyclo's and one drum polisher doing the polished aluminum finishing and to power all these tools, it took over 1,000 feet of extension cords.

Guys (and Gals)...I started my business with $20 ten years ago...so money was tight...but I had a huge amount of passion for cars, bikes and aircraft and a need to succeed...if I can do this there is no reason why others can't! For this project my wife and I decided it was a great opportunity to invite others from outside our business to assist at building up their reputation and business and most who took part with us have taken this project and used it to expand exposure for their detailing efforts within their home markets!

Thanks again for all the great comments and I hope this has given some of you an idea of just how far you can take things within our industry! Enjoy...
        Renny Doyle
        Attention To Details
        "Detailers of Air Force One"
        www.detailingsuccess.com

Comment

Very enjoyable video. I'm glad that you mentioned the use of the Cyclos since the Air Force uses them currently in maintaining Air Force One. But what is a drum polisher?

And how did you preserve the signatures on the nose? Had they been protected by a layer of clear coat?

And regarding the no advertising in a link rule. I didn't even notice anything commercial in the link. I was too involved in watching the video.

Comment

Great questions...we are big into Cyclo polishers for our metal finishing efforts and have worked with the UNAF on a few projects where they prefer this method due to both quality and safety issues concerning the metal.

As for drum buffers. Here is the system we utilize We preferred this system on quick turn services for the corporate aircraft we service but for perfection our finishing work ends with the Cyclo. The drum units are pneumatic and the drum assist with reducing edge cutting and swirls.

On this project, the drum buffers where of little help and simply did not provide the outcome we desired.

We used both the drum and Cyclo systems on a 1967 Cobra detail we performed where we polished the entire car...what a kick for this car guy!

Right now we are playing with a possible replacement for the Cyclo on metal polishing jobs...we will see where it goes but with any luck by mid-summer we will have a new and improved system.

As for the signatures on the nose of Serial #1 737...we covered the entire area up and guess what...the area is not clear coated...yet.

Great questions and thanks for taking a look at the video...we are pleased others are enjoying it!

Happy Detailing all...

Renny
            Renny Doyle
            Attention To Details
            www.detailingsuccess.com

Comment

good gosh, I dont envy your crew, I cant even imagine a project that big
              2004 Mustang GT - Sonic Blue

Comment

Hey if you are car crazy and like to detail...you would have loved it! Most of the guys did outstanding...only a couple that wimped out...us old guys rocked!

As noted this was the first time anyone from outside our own business had assisted with a large project and for some the first time they had ever detailed anything large...some were in shock...others just smiled and knew what the outcome was going to be!

So...do I take you you are like Mike and don't want a phone call for our next biggy
                Renny Doyle
                Attention To Details
                www.detailingsuccess.com

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');